Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 1 Feb 2005, 23:24 (Ref:1215063)   #1
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Porsche drivers

Can someone with more detailed knowledge than mine tell me how many drivers are as of 2005 under contract to Porsche? So far as I can recall, last year the following had some sort of arrangement with Weissach: Sascha Maassen, Lucas Luhr, Timo Bernhard, Jorg Bergmeister, Mike Rockenfeller, Patrick Long, Marc Lieb, Stephane Ortelli, Romain Dumas, Emmanuel Collard. So how many are still with Porsche?
Old 1 Feb 2005, 23:35 (Ref:1215070)   #2
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I can make a few inquiries on that. Some are driving in GA this year I believe. Not sure about Ortelli, since he's driving the Aston Martin in the enduros.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 01:00 (Ref:1215109)   #3
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Seem to recall Collard is driving in Grand Am for a non-Porsche team too.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 01:48 (Ref:1215125)   #4
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Is there a factory Porsche effort in either the FIA GT or the LMES this year?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 08:56 (Ref:1215265)   #5
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Porsche tends to place its factory drivers with "selected teams", rather than run GT cars from the factory.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 09:21 (Ref:1215289)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Not sure about Ortelli, since he's driving the Aston Martin in the enduros.
This suprised me, I thought he'd always be a Porsche man. It'll be great to see him in the Aston though, although that is for the other thread.
Old 2 Feb 2005, 11:44 (Ref:1215408)   #7
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Is there a factory Porsche effort in either the FIA GT or the LMES this year?
From a interview with BAM! teammanager Tim Munday on DailySportsCar.com about Mike Rockenfeller: “Mike is with us for the season, except when his FIA GT drives clash, when we’ll have either Sascha or Lucas standing in for him."

So Rockenfeller seems to be sure to drive FIAGT, now the question is where?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1215448)   #8
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
With the departure of Freisinger, will Porsche transfer works support to another FIA GT team? Seikel? Or perhaps Gruppe M, for whom I think Lieb drobe occasionally last year?
Old 2 Feb 2005, 14:09 (Ref:1215529)   #9
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
GruppeM with Rockenfeller and Lieb I think, DSC reported about that as a possibility.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1216370)   #10
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
A thought: why hasn't Patrick Huisman (a man who knows more perhaps than anyone about pedalling rear-engined cars) been snapped up by Porsche? I recall reading a couple of years ago that he had always been passed over by Porsche in the late 90s because of his height, but they eventually relented in late 1998, put him in a 911 GT1-98 and found that he could (just about) fit and was pretty quick - and then Porsche abandoned top-flight racing...
Old 9 Feb 2005, 14:58 (Ref:1221023)   #11
sylvia
Rookie

sylvia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jorg Bergmeister is driving the No. 66 Krohn Racing/TRG Riley in the Rolex Sports Car Series this year. He has also been announced as a driver for Petersen/White Lightning in the ALMS for non-conflicting races.

sp
Old 9 Feb 2005, 21:02 (Ref:1221349)   #12
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
From what it says in today Motorsport News, the works Porsche drivers are Sascha Maassen, Lucas Luhr, Timo Bernhard, Mike Rockenfeller and Marc Lieb.
Old 9 Feb 2005, 22:42 (Ref:1221431)   #13
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
A thought: why hasn't Patrick Huisman (a man who knows more perhaps than anyone about pedalling rear-engined cars) been snapped up by Porsche? I recall reading a couple of years ago that he had always been passed over by Porsche in the late 90s because of his height, but they eventually relented in late 1998, put him in a 911 GT1-98 and found that he could (just about) fit and was pretty quick - and then Porsche abandoned top-flight racing...
The man is fast for sure, just like his brother Duncan. Dunno why Patrick isn't picked up by Porsche, he won the Supercup several times. Perhaps there's politics involved? Don't know.