Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:19 (Ref:1229575)   #1
almzkid
Rookie

almzkid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maserati Mystery continues

Now it seems that Taylor will have nothing to do with the project. First the announcement was supposed to be during the test days. Then DSC claimed the announcement would be the middle of this week at the latest and then yesterday they (DSC) said the announcement was to take place today...and surprise, no announcement.

With less then 4 weeks before the race, I am thinking the earliest this SUPPOSED effort would be able to start would be the Spring Atlanta race.

Dissapointing and annoying.

ALMS needs positive announcements no rumours and SHAW, Mazda and Maserati unsubstantiated rumours
Old 18 Feb 2005, 18:37 (Ref:1229584)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Maserati is not an unsubstantiated rumour. Some people need more patience.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1229601)   #3
Danske
Veteran

Danske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is this "patience" you speak of?
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1229613)   #4
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Maserati is not an unsubstantiated rumour. Some people need more patience.
Your absoultely right Fogelhund. Patience is a virtue.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:37 (Ref:1229618)   #5
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Let me guess....

It'll be a Maserati "Daytona ProtoBucket"....

Guess the mystery is solved....

Now back to the Grand Am Board......Not

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 18 Feb 2005, 19:48 (Ref:1229632)   #6
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by almzkid
Now it seems that Taylor will have nothing to do with the project.

Just curious, but where did you read or hear that???

Because I haven't seen anything at all published or posted by anyone concerning Maserati or Wayne Taylor until now...

Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:11 (Ref:1229660)   #7
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hadn't it been rumoured on this forum somewhere? Thought there was something involving Taylor of late...? I can't remember if it was Maserati related or not though, lol, I can't remember the thread name either... or maybe I'm imagining it... *thinks - maybe beer DOES kill brain cells afterall)
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1229664)   #8
almzkid
Rookie

Because I haven't seen anything at all published or posted by anyone concerning Maserati or Wayne Taylor until now...

Exactly, there seems to be a lot of rumour and NO FACT. The announcement has now been delayed over 2 weeks, yet we are supposed to be patient...more like naive
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:24 (Ref:1229671)   #9
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
I didn't mean for my post to offend you, almzkid...

I merely asked a question that was prompted by your statement:

"Now it seems that Wayne Taylor will have nothing to do with the project..."

That had to come from "somewhere," didn't it???

or did it?

Again, I'm just asking....don't be offended, it is only a question

Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1229674)   #10
almzkid
Rookie

just looking at the updated sebring lists on forums and the fact the partnership really makes no sense, it is again more rumour and innuendo in a situation built on it.

No offence taken, I am heading to Sebring this year and the Maserati's would single handedly turn a good race into a great one. I just want to know if they are competing once and for all. The ALMS needs to get a handle on official information.
Old 18 Feb 2005, 20:49 (Ref:1229687)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
The ALMS has official information. In fact they have an official press release ready to go. I'm just not sure which day they are going to lift the embargo and allow the release to go public. Like I said, be patient, and you'll find out what is fact soon.
Old 19 Feb 2005, 08:04 (Ref:1229979)   #12
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
It seems obvious to me that we've some well informed people around As long as they're concerned but not worried for the future of the serie, I think we might relax with some trust and wait for the publication of the press realeases... (or am I too old already ?)

My crystal ball - darn, it fell on the ground - says that there's more good news to come than bad news...
Old 20 Feb 2005, 16:22 (Ref:1230769)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I don't have patience.............

Nobody's perfect.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 16:55 (Ref:1230784)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW, there's still rumblings of Gallic resistance...
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Feb 2005, 18:40 (Ref:1230868)   #15
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Hopefully the 'rumblings' turn out to be only a wee bit of indigestion....

I had wondered about the timing, since any announcement last Friday would have been lost in all the coverage of the Daytona 500 and the two predeeding day's races. Anything about the Masers would have not gotten any coverage via regular sporting outlets.

BTW-I just watched a local TV station's pre-race Dayton 500 show, which featured a lot of commericals for Sebring, and I am getting all goosebumpy!

robert
Old 20 Feb 2005, 21:51 (Ref:1230930)   #16
Gabrio
Veteran

Gabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGabrio should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hi, all. Back from Paul Ricard where I attended Maserati test. Talked to a few people and it turns out the works team MC12 is going to the US as predicted. Only one car for Risi. They would have loved to do one for Taylor but they did not feel they would have been able to provide adequate service to both teams, given the overseas aspect of the operation.

Last edited by Gabrio; 20 Feb 2005 at 21:52.
Old 20 Feb 2005, 22:23 (Ref:1230958)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So we will have 1 works Maserati and 1 Risi MC12? Excellent news!
Old 20 Feb 2005, 23:51 (Ref:1230999)   #18
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
or is it the works MC12 TEAM consisting of 2 cars and 1 privateer Risi car?
Old 20 Feb 2005, 23:55 (Ref:1231004)   #19
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Trey, you're a dreamer of the best sort.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 20 Feb 2005, 23:58 (Ref:1231006)   #20
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
It sure would have been nice to have been able to have the announcement on Friday, though - it was the first day of the Toronto Auto Show, Danny Panoz is/was there, and there's an MC12 on site. The Panoz section, on the first floor you enter, is half taken up by Mosport and half by a few Esperantes (one cutaway, one ragtop, and one Trans Am car).

-Bill James
Old 21 Feb 2005, 05:35 (Ref:1231101)   #21
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrio
Hi, all. Back from Paul Ricard where I attended Maserati test. Talked to a few people and it turns out the works team MC12 is going to the US as predicted. Only one car for Risi. They would have loved to do one for Taylor but they did not feel they would have been able to provide adequate service to both teams, given the overseas aspect of the operation.
And I suppose they've been shortened the appropriate length/width ? Or not ?

Last edited by Fab; 21 Feb 2005 at 05:35.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 05:38 (Ref:1231104)   #22
tblincoe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul-collins
Trey, you're a dreamer of the best sort.
hey, life is better when you're an optimist... and so far this off-season i've had a really good record so maybe if i wish this to happen it will come true too
Old 21 Feb 2005, 07:24 (Ref:1231142)   #23
tblincoe
Veteran

but in all reality i think that Gabrio is just confirming what i posted the other day when i said that Wayne Taylor would not be part of the MC12 effort in the ALMS...
Old 21 Feb 2005, 13:15 (Ref:1231400)   #24
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
And I suppose they've been shortened the appropriate length/width ? Or not ?
Overall length, Yes. Length in proportions, No. Width, No.
Old 21 Feb 2005, 16:09 (Ref:1231537)   #25
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogelhund
Overall length, Yes. Length in proportions, No. Width, No.
I hope that they won't be too fast...

If they win against Chevy, AM and the 550s, imagine the complains...