Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 12 Apr 2023, 13:07 (Ref:4151215)   #2326
Squiggs
Rookie

Squiggs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamcas87 View Post
Any reason to why team hard sat this morning out??

Cars weren’t part of the tracking shots from what I could see?
From a Team Hard Facebook post:

'For people asking why we haven't run today... We are waiting for our new hybrid installs to be commissioned by Cosworth'...
Old 12 Apr 2023, 13:38 (Ref:4151218)   #2327
Redshift
Rookie

Redshift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
1500 spectators verses 30,000 a bit of a way to go yet
As someone who goes to both BTCC & BGT meetings I can tell you that there were a lot more than 1500 at Oulton Park on Monday.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:30 (Ref:4151223)   #2328
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
1500 spectators verses 30,000 a bit of a way to go yet
I wasn't comparing spectator numbers, just making the point that BGT is doing well for grids as sports car racing is doing well, they are essentially production race cars from 'manufacturers' and the regs enable you to run them more or less anywhere in the world - so there is a big market for them.

BTCC of course has the prime TV package and big crowds, but also specific regs that mean teams have to either build a car or buy a car from another BTCC team. Which is why we have relatively old (in model terms) cars in the Focus and Astra. Of course, the cars can be used for many years to amortise the build cost, if you can afford to keep running them.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:39 (Ref:4151225)   #2329
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
From a Team Hard Facebook post:

'For people asking why we haven't run today... We are waiting for our new hybrid installs to be commissioned by Cosworth'...

From what I understand, Cosworth releases the hybrid units as soon as they are paid for by the individual teams. If this is so, and all the other teams have been out today, as well as some testing prior to today, one wonders whether Hard are even tighter on finance this pre-season. It's not as though they have been unaware that today was the official testing session.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:43 (Ref:4151226)   #2330
Squiggs
Rookie

Thompson and Butel have been out this afternoon...

TSL now showing Patterson not Thompson...

Last edited by Squiggs; 12 Apr 2023 at 14:48.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:49 (Ref:4151228)   #2331
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squiggs View Post
Thompson and Butel have been out this afternoon...
Thompson hasn't, he's in bed with the flu. Butel and Patterson are currently out.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 14:56 (Ref:4151231)   #2332
Squiggs
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickles View Post
Thompson hasn't, he's in bed with the flu. Butel and Patterson are currently out.
Yes, sorry, I amended my post... TSL did show Thompson for a short while, must have been a transponder error...
Old 12 Apr 2023, 15:03 (Ref:4151232)   #2333
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Nick Halstead have ITVX logos on his car. I'm sure it's not the first time a TV network has sponsored a car in a series they have the right to, but seemed a bit odd.

George Gamble has taken Car Gods sponsorship with him to Toyota. Also worth mentioning that his car has bright yellow mirrors (Hooch branding) which really stand out compared to the other 2 Toyotas and make him easier to spot.

ONE have gone for a big plain windscreen strip in either black, yellow or grey, making it really easy to identify which car from a head-on shot.

As for identifying the individual cars from other teams, good luck! Motorbase seem especially bad in that respect, not helped by the fact they 4 cars. They have different combinations of blue/yellow mirror and windscreen strip that just blend into the rest of the livery and are virtually impossible to spot from a distance. David Addison is going to earn his money this year.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 16:04 (Ref:4151237)   #2334
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
As for identifying the individual cars from other teams, good luck! Motorbase seem especially bad in that respect, not helped by the fact they 4 cars. They have different combinations of blue/yellow mirror and windscreen strip that just blend into the rest of the livery and are virtually impossible to spot from a distance. David Addison is going to earn his money this year.

In the past there have been changes made based on similar feedback to increase the distinction between team cars. Would expect similar this year on the ones you've highlighted.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 16:11 (Ref:4151239)   #2335
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just back from wtching a couple of hours at brands, heavy rain early on but dry after that, good number of people there but very little open inthe way of shops/food and drink. Wind started to get stronger and bitter so decided to head home for lunch, looking forward to the first race in just over 3 weeks
Surprised how busy it was, at least from the car park! Afternoon session was rather sparse, even before the rain.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 16:12 (Ref:4151240)   #2336
Jackers
Rookie

Jackers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I reckon for a perceived fallow season it’s not too bad. You’re never going to get 29 front runners all with top budgets. BMW, Toyota, Napa, Exceler8 and One will be in the mix in some form. A shame to lose Dynamics but the series has seen teams come and go and it’s still in remarkably good shape considering the current economy. A good season ahead I think!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 16:48 (Ref:4151242)   #2337
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just read this from InsideBTCC - a great look at chassis for those interested.

https://insidebtcc.com/2023/04/12/wh...-in-btcc-2023/

A few important things to note:

- Ingram, Butcher, Jelley, Hill, Cammish, Hamilton, Morgan, Osborne, and Sutton are all racing the same chassis from last year.

- Chilton, Thompson, and Lloyd are in new build chassis

- Turkington returns to Chassis G20-023-06 repaired since Oulton Park '22

- Jade Edwards has ended up in WPMS-NGTC-082, the ex-Geddie/ Mitchell/ Powell/ Oliphant/ Boardley car (the chassis damaged on debut in 2021)

- OneMotorsport are using ex-Team Dynamics race cars rather than their own '22 cars (I'm guessing due to the Neil Brown engines?); Cook is in Rowbottom's 2022 car, Moffat in Shedden's 2022 car, Powell is in Rowbottom's 2021 car
Old 12 Apr 2023, 17:00 (Ref:4151243)   #2338
touring fan01
Veteran

touring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtouring fan01 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
From what I understand, Cosworth releases the hybrid units as soon as they are paid for by the individual teams.
thats correct and the team only picked them up yesterday
Old 12 Apr 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4151248)   #2339
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
From what I understand, Cosworth releases the hybrid units as soon as they are paid for by the individual teams. If this is so, and all the other teams have been out today, as well as some testing prior to today, one wonders whether Hard are even tighter on finance this pre-season. It's not as though they have been unaware that today was the official testing session.

They always seem to be behind team hard every season and only catch up near the end

“Nic sadly didn't get on track today after an issue, Bobby was unable to attend due to illness and Jade wasn't planned to run today. ”
(Basically jades car isn’t ready)
Old 12 Apr 2023, 18:01 (Ref:4151250)   #2340
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
Just read this from InsideBTCC - a great look at chassis for those interested.

https://insidebtcc.com/2023/04/12/wh...-in-btcc-2023/

….

- OneMotorsport are using ex-Team Dynamics race cars rather than their own '22 cars (I'm guessing due to the Neil Brown engines?); Cook is in Rowbottom's 2022 car, Moffat in Shedden's 2022 car, Powell is in Rowbottom's 2021 car
That was a stick out one to me too. Probably a good shout it’s due to the engines but it may also be that Dynamics were further ahead with re prep of the cars than One Motorspott was
Old 12 Apr 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4151253)   #2341
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
They always seem to be behind team hard every season and only catch up near the end

“Nic sadly didn't get on track today after an issue, Bobby was unable to attend due to illness and Jade wasn't planned to run today. ”
And they wonder why many people here have such a low opinion of the team.

When I saw they weren't coming out for the morning session, I was expecting them to miss the whole day, but not necessarily for the reasons given. Track time costs money and I wouldn't be surprised if most of their drivers didn't have the budget to go out.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 18:47 (Ref:4151255)   #2342
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Nick Halstead have ITVX logos on his car. I'm sure it's not the first time a TV network has sponsored a car in a series they have the right to, but seemed a bit odd.
I guess it's the premium streaming network that's backing him rather than the TV network itself? The position of his number 22 is making my eyes twitch!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4151256)   #2343
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's related to Nick's firm InfoSum. ITV and InfoSum have a long-standing partnership:

"Nick Halstead, CEO and Founder at InfoSum, commented: “We’re very excited to be working with ITV to power its first-party data strategy with our privacy-first identity infrastructure. Through this new solution, advertisers will be able to quickly and seamlessly match their customer data against ITV’s 30 million logged-in users"
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:18 (Ref:4151259)   #2344
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
I guess it's the premium streaming network that's backing him rather than the TV network itself? The position of his number 22 is making my eyes twitch!
I think ITVX covers all of ITVs online presence now - live TV, free-to-watch shows and films, and a little bit of premium/ad-free content. Definitely an interesting sponsor to have.

Agreed on the #22 window stickers! Hopefully someone can fix that for Donington! I also noticed his car has no sponsorship from Bristol Street Motors (or Macklin Motors), only ITVX and Draper Tools - interesting as he tested during the winter with a 2023 BSM livery.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:34 (Ref:4151262)   #2345
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

Or she's short on budget. There were test days last year where she didn't run because of that. I would be surprised if that was the case this early though so it probably is the car.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:37 (Ref:4151263)   #2346
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
It's related to Nick's firm InfoSum. ITV and InfoSum have a long-standing partnership:

"Nick Halstead, CEO and Founder at InfoSum, commented: “We’re very excited to be working with ITV to power its first-party data strategy with our privacy-first identity infrastructure. Through this new solution, advertisers will be able to quickly and seamlessly match their customer data against ITV’s 30 million logged-in users"
That must have been an interesting sponsor pitch

NH: Figures from TOCA tell us BTCC gets a bazillion viewers
ITVX rep: << rubs chin gently >>
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:38 (Ref:4151264)   #2347
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
There's really only 5 drivers on the grid this year that I think have a genuine shot at the championship (Ingram, Turkington, Hill, Cammish & Sutton), that's got to be the lowest for a while.
Rowbottom and Cook should be in that list
Old 12 Apr 2023, 19:47 (Ref:4151266)   #2348
SSmith
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnoyedMoose View Post
Or she's short on budget. There were test days last year where she didn't run because of that. I would be surprised if that was the case this early though so it probably is the car.
Its the car this time around - on her Instagram story she wrote: "No running for me today as the team are still working around the clock to get it built after such a late deal"
Old 13 Apr 2023, 13:01 (Ref:4151320)   #2349
Jamie Brown
Rookie

Jamie Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Are you allowed into BTCC events on a Friday this year when support testing / practice is on?

I looked on the MSV website track calendar and it is showing “Private Testing” on the Friday before BTCC the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 13 Apr 2023, 16:00 (Ref:4151345)   #2350
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie Brown View Post
Are you allowed into BTCC events on a Friday this year when support testing / practice is on?

I looked on the MSV website track calendar and it is showing “Private Testing” on the Friday before BTCC the weekends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You certainly used to be, although im speaking of instances years ago when I went on a Friday.