Ricciardo 0 0%
Maldonado 1 0.73%
Other 3 2.19%
Voters: 137. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Mar 2013, 10:15 (Ref:3224889)   #51
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Oddly enough, my 9 year old son said much the same thing when we were talking about it on Sunday afternoon... paraphrased:

"If they're so upset about it, why don't they (the teams) only have one car? Then the two championships would be the same and nobody can get in trouble."

Interesting take on it, I must say. I'm trying to get him to be seen as a natural replacement for Bernie now
Old 26 Mar 2013, 11:04 (Ref:3224910)   #52
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sebastian Vettel for winning the race.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3225056)   #53
Hesketh
Racer

Hesketh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I bashed him last week and demanded for his removal from the field in favor of a young deserving driver, so my vote goes to Webber. The Hulk a close second.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 18:24 (Ref:3225149)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Love him or hate him, is has never been easier to pick the driver of the race.

But I just can't make up my mind though whether I love or hate Pastor.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Sebastian Vettel for winning the race.
That's seriously simplistic, but I guess it means that if we all adopt the same approach, we won't need this thread ever again........
Old 26 Mar 2013, 19:46 (Ref:3225210)   #55
wheelsportaddict
Racer

England
Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
wheelsportaddict should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
Who grabbed pole-position by almost a second?
Who has overtaken on the track for second ánd for first in the last stint?
Who makes al the headlines, and makes this forum almost explode?

Love him or hate him, is has never been easier to pick the driver of the race.
Despite all that, the fact that he screwed his team mate and deliberately ignored team orders does not make DotR in any way shape or form.
Old 26 Mar 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3225317)   #56
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelsportaddict View Post
Despite all that, the fact that he screwed his team mate and deliberately ignored team orders does not make DotR in any way shape or form.
The thought of Vettel screwing his team mate is disturbing !
Old 27 Mar 2013, 10:10 (Ref:3225444)   #57
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Still, team orders forbidding that are a bit homophobic, aren't they?
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:37 (Ref:3225818)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post

"If they're so upset about it, why don't they (the teams) only have one car? Then the two championships would be the same and nobody can get in trouble."
Only a child could be that logical.

It reminds me of the kid on TV who suggested that a way around losing more lives in the Falklands conflict would be to divide the Island into two. hmmmm

F1 has an illogical setup if its purpose is to find the quickest driver in the quickest car. If F1s purpose is to put more money into the pockets of its shareholders and team personel, then I would say that it's doing a really good job with that as far as some of the teams are concerned, and to the point where it influences what happens out on the track.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:41 (Ref:3225821)   #59
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now imagine 3 cars per team...
Old 28 Mar 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3225825)   #60
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now imagine 3 cars per team...
Yeah! Sort that one out.
Old 28 Mar 2013, 18:10 (Ref:3226090)   #61
jedrinck
Racer

jedrinck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just watch DTM, where they had just 2 manufacturers for a while! Different teams but still they were expected to show particular respect to their fellow Audi or Mercedes drivers, which was half the field!
Old 28 Mar 2013, 19:40 (Ref:3226134)   #62
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Yeah! Sort that one out.
Felippe, Fernando is faster than you, but you are faster than Mark. Do you understand?

Old 29 Mar 2013, 10:19 (Ref:3226311)   #63
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedrinck View Post
Just watch DTM, where they had just 2 manufacturers for a while! Different teams but still they were expected to show particular respect to their fellow Audi or Mercedes drivers, which was half the field!
But that didn't really happen, did it. Similar in the WTCC when the three Chevrolet 'team mates' spent their time knocking 9 bells out of one another.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 15:16 (Ref:3226393)   #64
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I voted for Mark , but given the opportunity I think would change it to Seb .
Why ? In future I am gonna wait a few days to my rating/voting . After time to think I have realised that given how much I don't like team orders I should be giving Seb a pat on the back for not conforming . I know orders are a part of F1 always have been and always will be . Towards the end of the season I kind of understand ,but this early ? Ted K made a good point during his post race notebook thing , Sebs 2 biggest rivals from last season , Fernando and Kimi , one scoring 0 points and the latter scoring 6 it was an ideal opportunity for Seb to maximise a points advantage .
Old 29 Mar 2013, 16:56 (Ref:3226442)   #65
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I tell you what - you give him a pat on the back and Mark can follow up with a right hook......
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:39 (Ref:3226482)   #66
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can't give it to Webber because he only won about 2/3 of the race. We do not know how he would have done in a fair fight with Vettel for the other third.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 17:40 (Ref:3226485)   #67
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I can't give it to Webber because he only won about 2/3 of the race. We do not know how he would have done in a fair fight with Vettel for the other third.
So you gave it to Vettel.
Old 29 Mar 2013, 18:02 (Ref:3226502)   #68
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A strange application of the rule of thirds........
Old 29 Mar 2013, 19:27 (Ref:3226552)   #69
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

I gave it to Vettel because he won 100% of the race and Webber left "with nothing" (well, of a victory) (said in Anne Robinson voice).
Old 29 Mar 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3226554)   #70
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

When's the shoe's on the other foot, doesn't Mark like to break team orders? Didn't he push Vettel at Silverstone and have no intention of not trying to get by? The difference is he didn't manage to and Seb did.

This thread is a good example to show to our Australian friends just how Hamilton-biased this thread is and anti-Webber. What a lot of fanboysandgirls. I mean look at the disparity between the votes they got.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 05:55 (Ref:3226729)   #71
Malfunction Junction
Racer

Malfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMalfunction Junction should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
When's the shoe's on the other foot, doesn't Mark like to break team orders? Didn't he push Vettel at Silverstone and have no intention of not trying to get by? The difference is he didn't manage to and Seb did.

Both have form for ignoring orders.

A lot of people like to talk about Silverstone 2011, but nobody seems to remember that the order came about during the race, after Vettel had complained about Webber getting closer. (you'll have to forgive me for forgetting the exact wording) At the time of the order, it was debated between team and driver in the same way Brawn and Rosberg debated during Sepang 2013. I remain massively impressed at both incidents that the debate took place while one party was at speed in close quarters with other cars.......

The sense of outrage about this incident centres on the fact that the team, all of the team, decided before the race what would take place and suddenly, during the race, it wasn't good enough for just one individual. The feebleness with which this arbitrary decision was challenged just emphasises the point.

Put it this way, I strap myself into a multi million dollar piece of equipment every day I go to work. If I do something I've been told not to do, I'm out on my ear. By the standards of an employer/employee relationship, the tail here is wagging the dog. The effects of that are keenly felt within any business and can lead to a breakdown of morale and effectiveness. Examples within and outside F1 abound.

Hopefully nobody gets hurt.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:21 (Ref:3226792)   #72
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfunction Junction View Post
Put it this way, I strap myself into a multi million dollar piece of equipment every day I go to work. If I do something I've been told not to do, I'm out on my ear. By the standards of an employer/employee relationship, the tail here is wagging the dog. The effects of that are keenly felt within any business and can lead to a breakdown of morale and effectiveness. Examples within and outside F1 abound.
It's where the concept of F1 business and F1 sport become blurry.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 10:24 (Ref:3226793)   #73
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
But that didn't really happen, did it. Similar in the WTCC when the three Chevrolet 'team mates' spent their time knocking 9 bells out of one another.
Oh, yes it did. A great example is Barcelona 2007, where Mercs where ramming Audi's of the track and vice versa. With a few laps to go, Audi withdrew all of their cars!

About Chevy; they were so far ahead from the rest of the field that they could afford to fight between themselves. Nevermind the fact that if they didn't, the camera's would focus on the other cars, and their win would be of no promotional value. It is more or less the same as Vauxhall in the BTCC in the early '00's, or Mclaren in the late '80's and early '90's.
Old 30 Mar 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3226907)   #74
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
What ...
Old 30 Mar 2013, 16:39 (Ref:3226949)   #75
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Nah, he wouldn't have done anything