Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Apr 2023, 19:05 (Ref:4151133)   #2301
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
I wonder how many times Bartercard will end up coming out as Barclaycard from the commentators !
And how many times will Starline be written as Startline? I've had to correct myself already
Old 11 Apr 2023, 22:24 (Ref:4151149)   #2302
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Re.Beverages and Bartercard with Team HARD
Patterson / Edwards
I'm waiting for the day when we'll finally have a full sentence as a team's name....
Old 11 Apr 2023, 23:26 (Ref:4151159)   #2303
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I'm waiting for the day when we'll finally have a full sentence as a team's name....
I'm waiting for the day when people understand how sponsorship deals work...
Old 12 Apr 2023, 05:42 (Ref:4151163)   #2304
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
Six words is the maximum IIRC.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 06:23 (Ref:4151165)   #2305
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Six words is the maximum IIRC.
Which is a bit of a pointless rule, if words are just concatenated:

'Bristol Street Motors with Excelr8 TradePriceCars.com'

All a team needs to do is enter as - 'TheLongestTeamNameEnteredInTheHistoryOfTheBTCCIsJustOneWordInLengthRacing'
Old 12 Apr 2023, 06:49 (Ref:4151168)   #2306
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Which is a bit of a pointless rule, if words are just concatenated:

'Bristol Street Motors with Excelr8 TradePriceCars.com'

All a team needs to do is enter as - 'TheLongestTeamNameEnteredInTheHistoryOfTheBTCCIsJustOneWordInLengthRacing'
Sounds reasonable
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:37 (Ref:4151177)   #2307
mick bennett
Rookie

mick bennett should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
50 plus mph wind today at Brands , I am North of the River Thames today, so Press day is off for me . Dartford Bridge will be closed = total chaos. Gutted !!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:50 (Ref:4151181)   #2308
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mick bennett View Post
50 plus mph wind today at Brands , I am North of the River Thames today, so Press day is off for me . Dartford Bridge will be closed = total chaos. Gutted !!
No wind at the moment, its lovely. Now doing tracking shots. Rain forecast for this afternoon.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 08:53 (Ref:4151183)   #2309
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Adding in Powell as a third driver at One Motorsport is for money, but they already have Cook and Moffat, so it's not like the team's performance will go down
Old 12 Apr 2023, 09:13 (Ref:4151186)   #2310
Pickles
Veteran

And it's now p*ssing down
Old 12 Apr 2023, 09:17 (Ref:4151187)   #2311
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Adding in Powell as a third driver at One Motorsport is for money, but they already have Cook and Moffat, so it's not like the team's performance will go down
All three drivers bring a budget. It's a business, it runs on and for money.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:26 (Ref:4151190)   #2312
Norwichsam
Rookie

Norwichsam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking at the sticker bombed cars and the driver line up this year sadly I don’t think BTCC can be classed as the premier domestic motorsport series anymore. Yes there’s a couple of top line drivers but half the grid could be swapped with TCR UK drivers and would anyone really notice the difference? Whereas look at British GT this year, amazing cars that sound unreal, mixture of international & domestic factory/works drivers along with top up and coming talent and racing as close as you'd see in BTCC … top 4 covered by 1.5 seconds at Oulton Park last week! Actually takes me back to the BTCC’s super touring years!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:27 (Ref:4151191)   #2313
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Looks like only 4 Cupras ready for today.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:30 (Ref:4151192)   #2314
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwichsam View Post
half the grid could be swapped with TCR UK drivers and would anyone really notice the difference?
Yes. BTCC grid is a much, much higher level. Look at where Smiley and Boardley are compared to where they were in BTCC.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:34 (Ref:4151193)   #2315
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
top 4 covered by 1.5 seconds at Oulton Park last week! Actually takes me back to the BTCC’s super touring years!
Is that better or worse than having the top 26 covered by 1.5 seconds at Oulton Park?
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:46 (Ref:4151195)   #2316
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Is that better or worse than having the top 26 covered by 1.5 seconds at Oulton Park?
Show me the BTCC race having the top 26 covered by 1.5 seconds.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 10:50 (Ref:4151196)   #2317
Evantra
Veteran

England
Quote:
Incidentally, regarding that point, the second BritishGT race in comparison had the top two covered by over 30 seconds!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 11:01 (Ref:4151197)   #2318
Norwichsam
Rookie

Norwichsam should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don’t think I’m having a dig, i’m a BTCC fan through & through, have followed the series religiously for over 30 years and appreciate what all the drivers do to get the funding to go racing, I’m well aware the megabucks works deals and sponsors aren’t there anymore however to me it just seems, probably because of the pro/am nature of British GT, that has taken over as this countries leading race series. Getting to see drivers like Jules Gounon & Rafaelle Marciello racing wheel to wheel in some of the best looking & sounding race cars you’ll hear with different race lengths, pit strategies etc. Just seems to me to be in a much stronger place than BTCC at the moment.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 11:27 (Ref:4151199)   #2319
Trebor902
Rookie

Trebor902 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Don’t think I’m having a dig, i’m a BTCC fan through & through, have followed the series religiously for over 30 years and appreciate what all the drivers do to get the funding to go racing, I’m well aware the megabucks works deals and sponsors aren’t there anymore however to me it just seems, probably because of the pro/am nature of British GT, that has taken over as this countries leading race series. Getting to see drivers like Jules Gounon & Rafaelle Marciello racing wheel to wheel in some of the best looking & sounding race cars you’ll hear with different race lengths, pit strategies etc. Just seems to me to be in a much stronger place than BTCC at the moment.
British GT is in a much stronger place than btcc this year but you won't get half the people on here to remove their rose tinted glasses on that.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 11:45 (Ref:4151202)   #2320
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
British GT is in a much stronger place than btcc this year but you won't get half the people on here to remove their rose tinted glasses on that.
All series ebb and flow. I remember when BGT was struggling to muster mid-teens grids. At the moment BGT is doing well because the regs are right, sports car racing generally is doing well and you can buy a GT car and race it more or less anywhere in the world. If you keep it long enough, you can even bring it out at a classic festival for a 2nd stab at racing!
Old 12 Apr 2023, 11:55 (Ref:4151204)   #2321
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
Show me the BTCC race having the top 26 covered by 1.5 seconds.
My mistake - I had assumed it was referring to the qualifying. I am now aware that the reference was to the race, where after the top 4 you were then looking at much larger gaps.

Not that there is much to be gained from making such a comparison, but once you look down the field the BTCC is much closer than British GT.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 11:56 (Ref:4151205)   #2322
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trebor902 View Post
The rose tinted spectacles of doom and gloom - there are many posters who are complaining about how BTCC is not long for this world.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 12:04 (Ref:4151206)   #2323
Adamcas87
Racer

England
Old hairpin
Adamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAdamcas87 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any reason to why team hard sat this morning out??

Cars weren’t part of the tracking shots from what I could see?

Last edited by Adamcas87; 12 Apr 2023 at 12:30.
Old 12 Apr 2023, 12:17 (Ref:4151210)   #2324
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just back from wtching a couple of hours at brands, heavy rain early on but dry after that, good number of people there but very little open inthe way of shops/food and drink. Wind started to get stronger and bitter so decided to head home for lunch, looking forward to the first race in just over 3 weeks
Old 12 Apr 2023, 12:56 (Ref:4151214)   #2325
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
All series ebb and flow. I remember when BGT was struggling to muster mid-teens grids. At the moment BGT is doing well because the regs are right, sports car racing generally is doing well and you can buy a GT car and race it more or less anywhere in the world. If you keep it long enough, you can even bring it out at a classic festival for a 2nd stab at racing!
1500 spectators verses 30,000 a bit of a way to go yet