Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

View Poll Results: Who will be the 2019 VASC Series Winning Driver?
#2 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - Scott Pye 0 0%
#3 Rabble Club, KR Nissan - Garry Jacobson 0 0%
#5 The Bottle O, Tickford Ford - Lee Holdsworth 0 0%
#6 Monster Energy, Tickford Ford - Cam Waters 0 0%
#7 Kelly Racing, KR Nissan - Andre Heimgartner 0 0%
#8 Brad Jones Racing, BJR Holden - Nick Percat 0 0%
#9 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - David Reynolds 9 23.08%
#12 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Fabian Coulthard 0 0%
#14 Freightliner, BJR Holden - Tim Slade 0 0%
#15 Castrol Racing, KR Nissan - Rick Kelly 0 0%
#17 Shell V Power, DJRTP Ford - Scott McLaughlin 17 43.59%
#18 Irwin Racing, Chasports Holden - Mark Winterbottom 1 2.56%
#19 Truck Assist, Tekno Holden - Jack Le Brocq 0 0%
#21 Cooldrive Auto Parts, BJR Holden - Macauley Jones 0 0%
#22 Mobil1/Mega, WAU Holden - James Courtney 0 0%
#23 Milwaukee Racing, 23Red Ford - Will Davison 0 0%
#33 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - Richie Stanaway 0 0%
#34 Boost Mobile, GRM Holden - James Golding 1 2.56%
#35 Optus Racing, MSR Holden - Todd Hazelwood 0 0%
#55 SuperCheap Auto, Tickford Ford - Chaz Mostert 2 5.13%
#78 Harvey Norman, KR Nissan - Simona De Silvestro 0 0%
#88 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Jamie Whincup 2 5.13%
#97 Red Bull Holden, RBHRT Holden - Shane Van Gisbergen 7 17.95%
#99 Penrite Racing, Erebus Holden - Anton de Pasquale 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 6 Nov 2018, 04:21 (Ref:3861281)   #701
BlueMax
Racer

BlueMax should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
Stanaway on the way out?

Its been an expensive exercise so far...
I think Tickford would be silly to get rid of him. He has the speed, just not the car setup as yet. If you look at his wet weather times at Bathurst he can drive. As Alan Jones use to say, when it rains you get to see who can really drive.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3861301)   #702
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He’s also made some ‘interesting’ decisions behind the wheel, as well metaphorically telling the team to punch it at Townsville. I’m not sure his going away party from tickford would require an overly large venue.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 08:43 (Ref:3861310)   #703
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayhem View Post
He’s also made some ‘interesting’ decisions behind the wheel, as well metaphorically telling the team to punch it at Townsville. I’m not sure his going away party from tickford would require an overly large venue.
For someone who raced in the cut and thrust in Europe it is unusual that he seems to lack situational awareness and put himself in things he probably shouldn't; but I think the car is also crap, and he's trying to get it to where he expects he should be.

I wonder what he would be doing in a ZB or the #12, instead of a Forgotten Falcon.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 11:11 (Ref:3861334)   #704
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 6 Nov 2018, 11:16 (Ref:3861335)   #705
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Tickford on the lid?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 11:41 (Ref:3861344)   #706
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No Tickford on the lid?
And Bottle O seems to be scrubbed out too
Old 6 Nov 2018, 17:35 (Ref:3861398)   #707
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be an over-paid waiter in the corporate suites?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 18:05 (Ref:3861405)   #708
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMax View Post
I think Tickford would be silly to get rid of him. He has the speed,
What speed!?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 19:09 (Ref:3861429)   #709
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He had very good speed in the monster falcon, you don't just turn in to a crap driver over night.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:40 (Ref:3861444)   #710
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
He had very good speed in the monster falcon, you don't just turn in to a crap driver over night.
Lots of co-drivers can seem good... Once they are in a full-time drive where 0.5s is the difference between a creditable 6th and mediocre 26th, they may seem not so good after all...

Last edited by V8 Fireworks; 6 Nov 2018 at 20:46.
Old 6 Nov 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3861446)   #711
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
And Bottle O seems to be scrubbed out too
its on the shiny sun reflecting bit above the visor, no?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 21:17 (Ref:3861459)   #712
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
No Tickford on the lid?
This would make sense, in that he won't be with Tickford come the Adelaide 500?
Old 6 Nov 2018, 22:37 (Ref:3861483)   #713
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
its on the shiny sun reflecting bit above the visor, no?
Sure but if they were the new team’s title sponsor it should likely have been shinier than that..
Old 6 Nov 2018, 23:21 (Ref:3861491)   #714
Forda
Veteran

Forda should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Sure but if they were the new team’s title sponsor it should likely have been shinier than that..
It's Actron's promotion - they have pushed (contrasted) out all other sponsors accordingly.

Nothing new with this - the Bridgestone tyre ad with Brock's move to BMW in the 'Old Aust Product Advertising' thread (image here) did exactly the same thing 30 years ago.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:19 (Ref:3861502)   #715
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Old 7 Nov 2018, 00:22 (Ref:3861505)   #716
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forda View Post
It's Actron's promotion - they have pushed (contrasted) out all other sponsors accordingly.

Nothing new with this - the Bridgestone tyre ad with Brock's move to BMW in the 'Old Aust Product Advertising' thread (image here) did exactly the same thing 30 years ago.
A flavour of 2019?

Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3861564)   #717
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Lots of co-drivers can seem good... Once they are in a full-time drive where 0.5s is the difference between a creditable 6th and mediocre 26th, they may seem not so good after all...
Maybe true, I don't recall to many drivers over the year's with no SC experience driving as well as Richie did in the endurance series last year. At times as fast as the big guns. Now at times fighting down the back with some of the other average drivers, the likes of Tander- Coulthard- Davison- Lowndes... The likes of these guys play down there too if the cars are not right.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 08:33 (Ref:3861569)   #718
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A flavour of 2019?

Most Probably the windscreen strip.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 17:13 (Ref:3861672)   #719
JAFA851
Veteran

New Zealand
JAFA851 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting observation. Everyone is putting in their 2c's worth about Richie, should be doing better / over-rated driver / getting flogged by his teammates / whatever else, yet there's another driver who's been in the game a year longer and has done absolutely nothing in it, and everyone talks that driver up to the nines and makes every excuse under the sun about why they can't ever get a result out of the car. Seems like a big double standard, but I guess that's how the world works these days, the general population feels like they need to make excuses because a certain demographic didn't do as well as they should have or were expected to, yet others in exactly the same boat get thrown under the bus straight away.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 20:16 (Ref:3861698)   #720
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Maybe true, I don't recall to many drivers over the year's with no SC experience driving as well as Richie did in the endurance series last year.
James Courtney?
Ryan Briscoe?
Mattias Ekstrom?
Oliver Gavin?
Patrick Long?
Sebastian Bourdais?
Earl Bamber?
Old 7 Nov 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3861700)   #721
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
An interesting observation. Everyone is putting in their 2c's worth about Richie, should be doing better / over-rated driver / getting flogged by his teammates / whatever else, yet there's another driver who's been in the game a year longer and has done absolutely nothing in it, and everyone talks that driver up to the nines and makes every excuse under the sun about why they can't ever get a result out of the car. Seems like a big double standard, but I guess that's how the world works these days, the general population feels like they need to make excuses because a certain demographic didn't do as well as they should have or were expected to, yet others in exactly the same boat get thrown under the bus straight away.
de Silverstro has a sponsor, Stanaway does not. For the same reason (having a
sponsor), the likes of Blanchard, Wood, Wall maintained consistent drives in Supercars, despite poor results.

Having a sponsor is really most crucial.
Old 7 Nov 2018, 21:43 (Ref:3861715)   #722
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Also Simona has never shone like Ritchie did.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Old 7 Nov 2018, 22:13 (Ref:3861722)   #723
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Also Simona has never shone like Ritchie did.
If Ritchie is such a shining light, the sponsors would be knocking down doors to associate with him! It seems, instead, however that Mega Fuels prefer their relationship with Gary Jacobsen and apparently prefer the idea of a Mega Fuels Kelly Racing Altima...
Old 8 Nov 2018, 01:36 (Ref:3861734)   #724
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAFA851 View Post
Probably because that horse has been flogged before....but know exactly where you are coming from...
Old 8 Nov 2018, 08:59 (Ref:3861762)   #725
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
James Courtney?
Ryan Briscoe?
Mattias Ekstrom?
Oliver Gavin?
Patrick Long?
Sebastian Bourdais?
Earl Bamber?
All I'm saying is I don't think Richie's full time season is a true reflection of his talent. Last year the press couldn't get enough of the guy. He must have had about the most interviews out of all the drivers, comment team talking him up all the time also. Don't remember Earl getting the same coverage this year, and he drove well. But I'm sure you will have all the stats on that.