Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Oct 2003, 13:46 (Ref:769193)   #76
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
PS - does anybody have a photo of the PROWESS so that we can get Justin Wilson interested, JR you're usually the fountain of all things FF ???
Old 31 Oct 2003, 13:50 (Ref:769199)   #77
4thgear
Rookie

4thgear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
redracer
Heat 1 - Wills, Hutch, Austin
Heat 2 - Daly, Roberts, Misters
Heat 3 - Foster, Rivett, St Clair
Spot on with that I think.

final should be fantastic (if rivett and wills havent taken each other off before then!)

whys moore not racing?
Old 31 Oct 2003, 13:51 (Ref:769202)   #78
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What about Kenny Acheson, Trevor Templeton and Eddie Jordan! You would then have to throw in Derek Warwick, Jim Walsh, Trevor Van Rooyen, Kenny Gray, Rad Dougall, Mike Blanchet, Rick Morris, John Bright, Geoff Lees, Tiff Needell, John Village, David Sears ..and we have not got to the 1980s yet! So yes, a 1970s FF legends masters race would be a great idea.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 14:11 (Ref:769229)   #79
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by spearce
Yes, JR I said Sospiri a while back, that FFFinal in '89 was one of the best races ever.
Was it the same year as the 'false start' when itstarted early due to 'poor light' and they spent the next 45 mins arguing about it. The final verdict was that since the green didn't come on, there was no penalty !!!!
That final was 1988, the best Festival final IMO.
Cordova and Higgins on the front row. Both went, the light was still red, the rest stayed in position. John Nichol announced 45 mins later that there would not be a penalty due to the fact that the green had not come on, therefore there was no start for them to jump! (??)
Still have that race on video. Sospiri was superb.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 14:21 (Ref:769239)   #80
JR Ewing
Veteran

JR Ewing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by spearce
PS - does anybody have a photo of the PROWESS so that we can get Justin Wilson interested, JR you're usually the fountain of all things FF ???
Vaguely remember this car (Hugo Spowers designed or something?) but no idea what Justin Wilson had to do with it. Sorry.
Old 31 Oct 2003, 14:25 (Ref:769244)   #81
JEB
Veteran

JEB has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Andrew I go with you as well - 1988 was THE best Festival I have ever seen. Great memories and what a win for Vinnie!
Old 31 Oct 2003, 19:49 (Ref:769565)   #82
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by dhart
Fantasy formula ford!
If we're talking fantasies then it has to be Raphael Real Del Sarte

Or is that the wrong kind of fantasy
Old 1 Nov 2003, 00:07 (Ref:769770)   #83
Séamas M.
Racer

Northern Ireland
Lurgan,County Armagh
Séamas M. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steve,

Irv was in Belfast today, interviewed on a local chat show and says he doesn't miss F1 at all. Might see his parents next weekend at the 500 Club annual "do". Vivion Daly sadly passed away last year. THE Derek Daly is in the USA, Derek M I think is selling Mygales in the UK. Kennedy is a TV pundit for RTE, still drives a bit, demo'd a F1 car at Phoenix Park. Devaney, Roe and Pollock I don't know about. Billy Griffin is still racing (Fiat Punto's!). Ali J was a sound man for a TV/film company last I heard. There are still lots of guys racing who were prominent in 80's Irish FF, like Jon McGall and his dad, Arnie Black and of course Tommy Reid.

Pearse and I are retired as drivers. At the last Kirkistown meeting I was chauffered around for a lap or two by Jonny Kane in an indecently quick Audi Estate. I was also given a TT to play with for the afternoon (perk of being C of C) which sort of wetted my appetite for a proper drive around the track again. Might just see if Stephen Patton is testing anything in the new year. Also noticed that the rules for reviving lapsed licenses have been relaxed, with evidence of ever having had an Int C I could now get it back without any tedious upgrading process......

The way this thread has developed has been interesting. I have fanatasised about setting up a Masters FF race on the proceeds of a Lotto win (this weekend maybe??!!). My idea had been to make Arnie a happy man by setting up a field of identical 32F's, but the idea of getting people back in their original make/model also appeals.

BTW, did I miss your name on the Hayes Trophy entry list or haven't you entered yet?
Old 1 Nov 2003, 09:16 (Ref:769929)   #84
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Bernard Devaney works for Jaguar Ireland and his son Michael has done pretty well in Formula BMW in Germany.
Old 1 Nov 2003, 17:45 (Ref:770220)   #85
verglas
Racer

verglas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Whilst we are at it why not get Stephen South, Andy(s) Stapley and Charlsley and Justin Bell re-acquainted with their Ray's........
Old 1 Nov 2003, 18:36 (Ref:770251)   #86
Athgoe Racing
Racer

Athgoe Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anybody have the gear ratios for Silverstone Walter Hayes Trophy race?
Old 1 Nov 2003, 20:41 (Ref:770320)   #87
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I was speaking to Joey Foster at Croft today and he is really looking forward to next weekend. He had a much bigger grin on his face when we talked about that than when we talked about Renaults. Don't forget - Foster has form in the car he will race, having won the 2000 FF1600 winter series in it!
Old 3 Nov 2003, 09:09 (Ref:771312)   #88
spearce
Racer

spearce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Athgoe - see other WHT thread for G/Ratios.