Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 23 Jun 2006, 14:19 (Ref:1639820)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
2006 Richmond Race Weekend Thread

They take the track in about 2 hours to begin the practice sessions.

My hopes:

1. The weather forecast does not come true....60% chance of storms later today....60% during the day tomorrow...80% tomorrow night.

2. That no one gets hurt this weekend...Richmond is a fast bull ring, and there have been hard hits there by drivers in the past...

3. That we see the type of racing action that we have become accustomed to at this track in the past...because it has been very good.

Share your thoughts in here as the weekend progresses, and enjoy the race!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 23 Jun 2006, 18:12 (Ref:1639923)   #2
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
First practice session is over. Here are your Top 6:

1. Helio - 173.029
2. Marco - 172-068
3. Kanaan - 171.950
4. Matsuura - 171.802
5. Hornish - 171.124
6. Meira - 170.891

Franchitti, Scheckter, Sharp and Buddy Rice round out the Top 10

Danica is 11th

Lazier and Giaffone are within a couple of hundredths of each other at the bottom of the lineup.

Lazier hit the wall and damaged his rear wing during the early part of the session...IRL written commentary described it as "Heavy" damage, but it didn't look that bad in a photo of the car on the IRL website.

Giaffone brought out a caution when his car was smoking heavily...don't know if it was an engine, oil leak, or whatever...
Dixon and Wheldon are 14th & 15th

Old 23 Jun 2006, 20:09 (Ref:1640005)   #3
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Second Practice Session just ended.

Here are your Top 10:

1. Helio - 173.4
2. Sharp
3. Hornish
4. Wheldon
5. Marco
6. Meira
7. Kanaan
8. Herta
9. Franchitti
10. Dixon

13 of the 17 cars in the session topped 170 mph

Cheever was the slowest at 168+

Lazier is repairing his car from the accident in session 1, and I assume Giaffone is changing an engine, since there was a report of heavy smoke from his car in session 1

They will qualify in about 35 minutes.

Let's hope the rain holds off

Old 24 Jun 2006, 00:27 (Ref:1640115)   #4
Tenoch
Veteran

United States
Another Michigan Town
Tenoch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anyone know if this race will be on ABC or ESPN?
Old 25 Jun 2006, 04:47 (Ref:1640637)   #5
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
well Im not to happy , 40 minutes before the race my cable decides to shut down

I missed the race completely
Old 25 Jun 2006, 12:41 (Ref:1640821)   #6
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It was another record breakingly quick race, two in a row now. I suppose it is more likely when the field is two cars strong though.

Championship battle looks interesting anyways, after Helios tyre failure Hornish closes right in and Wheldon and Dixon are there as well. Meira is little more than 50 points behind as well.

It could be interesting, but I suspect Penske will just walk away with it.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 22:46 (Ref:1641185)   #7
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, Penske are looking a little bit strong.

A pretty decent race, by and large, I thought, when the context is considered. It strikes me as a bit nuts to run OW on such short tracks, but, well, that makes it notable.
Old 26 Jun 2006, 00:09 (Ref:1641215)   #8
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What went wrong with Ganassi today? Wheldon didn't back up his quali pace and Dixon was nowhere all weekend. Then that disasterous fuel strategy.