Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 8 Oct 2006, 10:37 (Ref:1731703)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Thanks Al, you just made my day, mines 1950!!
Terence when you get to our age two years is niether here nor there
Old 8 Oct 2006, 11:13 (Ref:1731753)   #27
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman
1948 so you tell me!
well the ERAs in those days were finsihers not winners anymore! 8th GP of Zandvoort (r9)
Old 8 Oct 2006, 15:15 (Ref:1731986)   #28
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I remember when I was about 6 playing with Cooper Bristol Dinky toy cars in the playground at primary school! For some reason that name stuck in my head must have been one of my favourites, once a petrol head always a petrol head!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 16:34 (Ref:1732034)   #29
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Terence when you get to our age two years is niether here nor there
Of course you,r absolutely right Al,
Old 8 Oct 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1732073)   #30
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Of course you,r absolutely right Al,
guys i am not a moderator and its all my fault. arent; you going slightly of topic? weel thinking back about youth is not that bad actually!
Old 8 Oct 2006, 18:01 (Ref:1732093)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just slightly esper but as you rightly pointed out its all your fault Anyhow to get back on topic, come to Donnington on the 22nd October and see the CTCRC champonships and let us show you how it should be done! No hotrods (apart from classic thunder) and running on Dunlops.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 8 Oct 2006 at 18:04.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 18:23 (Ref:1732112)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Good point Al. It was that ethos that attracted me to the CTCRC [it was CSCC originally].

But when you put them up against the FIA racers you get some really funny responses.

Zef has raced with them in Historics and of course I raced in Group 1.
Old 8 Oct 2006, 19:04 (Ref:1732149)   #33
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Just slightly esper but as you rightly pointed out its all your fault Anyhow to get back on topic, come to Donnington on the 22nd October and see the CTCRC champonships and let us show you how it should be done! No hotrods (apart from classic thunder) and running on Dunlops.
Sure but by eductaion i was thought to be polite to..........but not on the racetrack. I am sorry but touringcar/gt season is over. I was thinking of going to the Walter Hayes with the FF but my wife is more than fat up as I did Ff championship, NKHTGT dutch GT touringcar championship 6h. then last year my English girls played up quit a lot. Healey dropped a rod. TVR proved to be a real English car . I tried to do 7000rpm in the FF so bend valve. the FF got a crack in the frame on Colmar Berg etc etc.........so I had quite a lot black fingernails and burned a lot of midight oil. Well you probably tell me "you should have bought an -------- v8 . Well overhere we call this " English illness" or freely translated as people say overhere " English patent , spannering with no end" . So I eased down a little . see my weblog what happens tot the cars (and family) ........but in my hart , wouldnt mind teasing Amercian V8s with my small humble Blackpool Quality product........( we are learning to get it quicker these days!!!!!!!!)
Esper
Old 8 Oct 2006, 19:08 (Ref:1732156)   #34
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by esper
Sure but by eductaion i was thought to be polite to..........but not on the racetrack. I am sorry but touringcar/gt season is over. I was thinking of going to the Walter Hayes with the FF but my wife is more than fat up as I did Ff championship, NKHTGT dutch GT touringcar championship 6h. then last year my English girls played up quit a lot. Healey dropped a rod. TVR proved to be a real English car . I tried to do 7000rpm in the FF so bend valve. the FF got a crack in the frame on Colmar Berg etc etc.........so I had quite a lot black fingernails and burned a lot of midight oil. Well you probably tell me "you should have bought an -------- v8 . Well overhere we call this " English illness" or freely translated as people say overhere " English patent , spannering with no end" . So I eased down a little . see my weblog what happens tot the cars (and family) ........but in my hart , wouldnt mind teasing Amercian V8s with my small humble Blackpool Quality product........( we are learning to get it quicker these days!!!!!!!!)
Esper
I am still a continental so "thought" should be "tought" you know from "teach" the rest remains bad quality continental English
Cheers, Esper
Old 8 Oct 2006, 19:41 (Ref:1732192)   #35
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
just checked ctcrc! very nice, but do those BMW e30ties run historic Dunlops as well?
Old 8 Oct 2006, 19:59 (Ref:1732202)   #36
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
No they run Toyo 888's I believe. One of my V8's has bashed a hole in the sump, (the black IROC) so they go bang as well and I have been spannering all weekend myself trying to get the other one out for Donnington and I am still not done. See how it went bang here: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...942&pr=goog-sl Taken from one of those BMW's.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 8 Oct 2006 at 20:07.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:04 (Ref:1732538)   #37
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No they run Toyo 888's I believe. One of my V8's has bashed a hole in the sump, (the black IROC) so they go bang as well and I have been spannering all weekend myself trying to get the other one out for Donnington and I am still not done. See how it went bang here: http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?...942&pr=goog-sl Taken from one of those BMW's.
Interesting clip Al,I think Im going to rush out and buy something with a turbo!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:05 (Ref:1732539)   #38
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Well Al people say engines go at their best just before the bang . And as I see your car pulling away from the e30 jast as if he turned of the ignition!
, awsome!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1732545)   #39
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Shame this has happened Al.
Good to see you did the proper thing and moved your car away from the track. Wonder how many drivers would have continued spilling oil.

Off for some repairs now I guess.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1732562)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
The escape route was very conveniant fortunately and the whole car was full of smoke so I had no choice but to bail out damn quick! It was going well and I was just attempting my first fast lap, shame and I really don't understand why as it had good oil pressure was only pulling 6k and temps were around 200f and it all seemed tickety boo then bang! hav'nt had time to pull it apart yet as I am preparing the other one for the Donnington Great and British, hope I get a bit more luck this time!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 09:19 (Ref:1732682)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
John Rhodes is down as having raced at Mallory yesterday with Saun Rainford ? ? ?

IMO . . one race, one tyre, or at the very least one type of tyre, car prep extremeties are one thing but high profile crossplies vs low Profile slicks is just dangerous

even for the more 'relaxed' races a modicum of eligibility scrutineering must be carried out as well IMO
Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:10 (Ref:1732883)   #42
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife

Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly
John Rhodes is down as having raced at Mallory yesterday with Saun Rainford ? ? ?

IMO . . one race, one tyre, or at the very least one type of tyre, car prep extremeties are one thing but high profile crossplies vs low Profile slicks is just dangerous

even for the more 'relaxed' races a modicum of eligibility scrutineering must be carried out as well IMO
I originally got the Rhodes info from Whizzo on Saturday at Snetterton,!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:21 (Ref:1732895)   #43
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Tyres

The tyre thing really does need sorting, its the only way we will ever see good close racing. Mechanical advantages aside,if we are going to get anywhere near the Sixtys style racing of the type in the video that was put up yseterday, the scruteneering has to be looked at,there are afterall individual scrut,s that could be asigned to the various race,s. They are very much qualified to be responsible for this task.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 12:54 (Ref:1732929)   #44
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Blackpool Kit Cars

Esper, If you need any help/advice,I would be only to glad to help,been working on those things for a few years now!!!!!!!!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 13:14 (Ref:1732956)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
the CTCC are pretty good Regs wise, as close as anyone without actually going to FiA App K. anyway, the seasons over for me too now.

an argument I've heard is that race entries are kept low by the lack of a championship and having to pay eligibility scrutes, personally I'd be confident enough to take on half the cars I race with at a reasonable level of eligibility, and I'd do it for the price of a race entry
Old 9 Oct 2006, 13:57 (Ref:1733005)   #46
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Esper, If you need any help/advice,I would be only to glad to help,been working on those things for a few years now!!!!!!!!
suspensionwise not a bad idea
Old 9 Oct 2006, 14:00 (Ref:1733009)   #47
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
The tyre thing really does need sorting, its the only way we will ever see good close racing. Mechanical advantages aside,if we are going to get anywhere near the Sixtys style racing of the type in the video that was put up yseterday, the scruteneering has to be looked at,there are afterall individual scrut,s that could be asigned to the various race,s. They are very much qualified to be responsible for this task.
I would say dunlop racings for everything up to 2 hours and for the longer races the spa regs how they are now , are very good I think. Both on the side of scrutineering and tyre regs.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 16:14 (Ref:1733151)   #48
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
suspensionwise not a bad idea
Let me know what you need to know.I will do my best. Why only 2hrs for dunlops, sure it might be that on a .need to change the rear,s. The fronts should do 6hrs though.

Last edited by terence; 9 Oct 2006 at 16:19.
Old 9 Oct 2006, 16:27 (Ref:1733162)   #49
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Let me know what you need to know.I will do my best. Why only 2hrs for dunlops, sure it might be that on a .need to change the rear,s. The fronts should do 6hrs though.
a Grantura on Avons is lovely to drive!
Old 9 Oct 2006, 16:36 (Ref:1733174)   #50
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
a Grantura on Avons is lovely to drive!
Ar,nt they! Used a friends Vixen once, shame thier not F.I.A.elligable!!