Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Aug 2012, 05:49 (Ref:3125648)   #101
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
25,000 thru the gate? wow thats on par with Queensland Raceway , both boring tracks, No wonder nobody goes to them. get rid of this track , they had their chance. And put one In Newcastle, alot more people aprreciate top Motoracing unllike the so called Sydneysiders who wouldnt know a good racing series if they came into town haha :P
Old 27 Aug 2012, 05:51 (Ref:3125651)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Absolutely doesnt have to be a Homebush or Eastern Creek choice.. but it is clear Eastern Creek still has a fair way to go to garner the public interest to a 'Homebush' level

Interesting the number of ride days happening at Eastern Creek today too..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 27 Aug 2012, 06:23 (Ref:3125657)   #103
alfacors
Veteran

alfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridalfacors should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the SMP round had any promotion, I didn't see it. Homebush gets TV ads, print ads in all the mainstream papers and MX papers etc. Only thing I head was some mentions on WSFM radio on the way to the circuit on Sunday morning.....
Old 27 Aug 2012, 08:47 (Ref:3125686)   #104
jimbo17
Rookie

jimbo17 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTR. Quote! Lack of support classes? You obviously was not there to watch the Aussie Race Cars? All the V8 teams and drivers come out of there garages when these pocket rockets are on! In one race the comentator was said to watch a certain blue car that was starting out of grid 23 and would be the one to watch as it was a ten lap race. Well the comentator and crowd went wild as this driver was in 4th place after two laps and went into the lead in lap three. From where I was standing no one was not watching this enthrauling battle of this super race? These pocket rockets race three wide into corners and swap the lead half a dozen times a lap! If only a V8 supercar race could have more than a few passing for the lead during a 40 lap race they might be a bit more entertaining.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 08:49 (Ref:3125688)   #105
billybanana
Veteran

billybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbillybanana should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I flew up from Melbourne for the weekend - something I have never done or never will for Homebush. EC has always been a great track in my eyes and it was nice to be back there. Still don't hold much hope for it in the future though. As soon as TC inks another international event this one will be gone again.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 09:58 (Ref:3125712)   #106
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How to get Homebush type numbers to EC - easy, put on a concert...

Oh and GTR, don't be so sensitive yeah?!

Oh and next time you're there have a closer look for these trees that don't exist lol, you might surprise yourself, but don't let the 'facts' get in the way of a good (negative) story...
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:00 (Ref:3125714)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane001 View Post
doubt it, cant catch a train home afterwards
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3125717)   #108
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Put on Guns n Roses, Metallica, Cold Chisel, Barnsy, ... guarantee you'll pack the place. Trains or not.
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3125724)   #109
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Oh and GTR, don't be so sensitive yeah?!

Oh and next time you're there have a closer look for these trees that don't exist lol, you might surprise yourself, but don't let the 'facts' get in the way of a good (negative) story...
Not sensitive...

Woohoo...a tree...

... and the proximity of the world standard waste management receptacle taken from the WSID carpark....

Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3125727)   #110
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
I reckon if you put on The Wiggles there'd get more people watching it, then the races held there
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3125728)   #111
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post

Woohoo...a tree...
See, that just proves you're full of **** There's two trees there!

Now have a look the other side of the racetrack, up from the grandstand, couple more there too

What was it you were saying about facts?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:25 (Ref:3125729)   #112
ForumNick
Veteran

Australia
ForumNick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Not sensitive...

Woohoo...a tree...

... and the proximity of the world standard waste management receptacle taken from the WSID carpark....

I see... Trees !!! WTF???
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:29 (Ref:3125731)   #113
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
See, that just proves you're full of **** There's two trees there!

Now have a look the other side of the racetrack, up from the grandstand, couple more there too

What was it you were saying about facts?
Eastern Creek Raceway has been there for 20 years and that's the best tree there is? Lots of shade there... wonder if they thought about transferring some of the dozens of them from Oran Park Raceway before it became Oran Park Town
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:36 (Ref:3125733)   #114
Shane001
Racer

Australia
lol, well to put a positive spin back on this thread, I had a very relaxing Saturday afternoon laid out on the grass on the hill enjoying the sunshine while watching all the entertainment from the supports sliding there way through turn one. And I didn't even get sunburnt lol!
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:46 (Ref:3125740)   #115
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
Quote:
lol, well to put a positive spin back on this thread, I had a very relaxing Saturday afternoon laid out on the grass on the hill enjoying the sunshine while watching all the entertainment from the supports sliding there way through turn one. And I didn't even get sunburnt lol!
do you have long hair?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 10:56 (Ref:3125744)   #116
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We were there Saturday and Sunday. First visit as a spectator.

The good?
How much room is there??? You could fit half a million in that place...
Wonderful viewing from a multitude of spots. High on the high above turn one, beside the new concrete apron out of 5, on the fence near the kink into the final turn and on the hill above the final turn. All places where you can lie out on the grass and relax.
Aussie Racing Cars and the F Vees were terrific. As was the roar of the Mosler down the main straight. And the GT40. And what is under the bonnet of that blue Starlet???
And thanks to the GT Owners Club for giving us a close-up of some top rate machinery.
The free shuttle bus was a great idea around the circuit.

The bad?
The smell from the tip is not good...
On Saturday, it took us an hour and a half to get out of the dragway carpark! In the end, we pulled out the chairs and the esky and listened to the Swans/Hawks game on the radio. On Sunday we parked near the EC Tavern and walked...
Beer? No a hope in hell. The Bar next to the main stand was excellent but I think that was it. Not much good when you're over the back... Why do they treat the blokes who want a few quiet beers like anti-social lunatics???
There are large areas where PA coverage is non-existent. On-track commentary is great if you can hear it...
A big screen above the pits would be great. The only screens we found were in the bar and above the final turn.
B O R I N G gaps between races. They even managed to fill in some of the gaps with an episode of V8Xtra. WTF?
Sundays V8 race was a non-event. The good guys are just way too good.

Wouuld we go back? Probably.

Better than the concrete carpark at Homebush on a stinking December day that's for sure.......
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3125745)   #117
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post

Wouuld we go back? Probably.

Better than the concrete carpark at Homebush on a stinking December day that's for sure.......
Hang on Homebush isnt it your signature?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:03 (Ref:3125747)   #118
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
do you have long hair?
No?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:30 (Ref:3125760)   #119
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Absolutely doesnt have to be a Homebush or Eastern Creek choice.. but it is clear Eastern Creek still has a fair way to go to garner the public interest to a 'Homebush' level
Big difference - EC would have made money on the weekend and Homebush lost over 2 million each year of the event.

The NSW Government wants out, the local area wants out, SOPA never wanted it and even Archer has wants out.

Please explain to me why the Homebush needs to stay?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:35 (Ref:3125766)   #120
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Big difference - EC would have made money on the weekend and Homebush lost over 2 million each year of the event.

The NSW Government wants out, the local area wants out, SOPA never wanted it and even Archer has wants out.

Please explain to me why the Homebush needs to stay?
of course the other side is that v8 supercar wouldnt have made money on the weekend so probably wont go back
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:39 (Ref:3125767)   #121
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
of course the other side is that v8 supercar wouldnt have made money on the weekend so probably wont go back
Why wouldnt V8 Supercar made money at EC over the weekend?
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:44 (Ref:3125768)   #122
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Why wouldnt V8 Supercar made money at EC over the weekend?
Because their costs would have been higher than their income
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:50 (Ref:3125770)   #123
D.R.T.
Veteran

Do they not set the sanction fee? If they cant balance their expenses against the incoming sanction fee than they have more pressing issues?

That aside - they still come out a long way in front of where they were post Homebush
Old 27 Aug 2012, 11:54 (Ref:3125773)   #124
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Do they not set the sanction fee? If they cant balance their expenses against the incoming sanction fee than they have more pressing issues?

That aside - they still come out a long way in front of where they were post Homebush
remember it was a last minute decision to go to EC. Wasn't a top value sanction fee. Discount to try out the Sydney market again
Old 27 Aug 2012, 12:17 (Ref:3125779)   #125
D.R.T.
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
remember it was a last minute decision to go to EC. Wasn't a top value sanction fee. Discount to try out the Sydney market again
Would it be wrong to base a future decision on returning off a last minute decision to hold the event?

25,000 over 2 days I believe on average is up on the 2008 - so its all relative