Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:02 (Ref:668105)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
6 Hours of Spa

I know its 8 weeks away but its about the only event I'll get to this year. So pondering this who's going and what races are you entering?

I'm hoping to get an entry into the French Saloon race and the British Sports and Saloon Cars.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 10:08 (Ref:668107)   #2
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
counting the days!!!
running my Eleven in the BRDC and Gentleman drivers and if I havent sold the Alfa I will run that in Top Hat
Old 22 Jul 2003, 11:53 (Ref:668190)   #3
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'll be spannering for LG in the top hat saloon hopefully

I will also be sampling some of the fine local cuisine and fine wines

if its half as good as last year it'll be brilliant
Old 22 Jul 2003, 12:00 (Ref:668199)   #4
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
it will be - it always is!
Old 22 Jul 2003, 12:15 (Ref:668210)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Spannering. That's a problem I'll have this year. Can't remember what one looks like!

Couldn't get into the usual hotel (shouldn't have given the name out to you lot). The've booked us into a house down the road instead. Got to sort the ferry out now. Any ideas on the best deals?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 12:39 (Ref:668246)   #6
simon drabble
Veteran

I use MST they seem to be the cheapest
Old 22 Jul 2003, 12:40 (Ref:668249)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The timing peeps?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 13:40 (Ref:668318)   #8
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
dover calais 5 day return about £130 for a car, was £160 last year with van and trailer

we stayed in Malmedy, great little place, had a B&B style place, double room for £35 a night . . .inc breakfast, bargain
Old 22 Jul 2003, 13:54 (Ref:668339)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well looking at the prices this year its about 300 of your English pounds.

I'll stay in Francorchamps. We get a good deal and if there are any cancellations we get first choice! Also the food is fantastic. I can almost taste the "Assiette des Ardennoise" as I write!
Old 22 Jul 2003, 14:03 (Ref:668355)   #10
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Peter - Have a great time on your one and only outing this year but then I know you will.
Wish we were there but the choice of events combined with the costs put it out of contention for the time being.
Will you be out on UK black stuff next year do you think, assuming we've still got some of course....

Last edited by Tony Harman; 22 Jul 2003 at 14:04.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 14:17 (Ref:668371)   #11
simon drabble
Veteran

300?? I am going over this Thursday back Sunday for 250 with MST (thats car and trailer)
Old 22 Jul 2003, 14:25 (Ref:668386)   #12
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Its about that for a three day ticket. 5 days is more.

I've e mailed MST. I'm awaiting a reply.

Don't know about next year yet Tony. It depends on work location.
Old 22 Jul 2003, 14:59 (Ref:668425)   #13
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Just a thought but anybody got a spare shelter?
Old 22 Jul 2003, 15:05 (Ref:668435)   #14
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
seafrance online is quoting 369 for a car and trailer, 169 for a car, not good value me thinks !
Old 22 Jul 2003, 15:19 (Ref:668457)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I've got 294 here.
Old 23 Jul 2003, 08:58 (Ref:669147)   #16
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Im booking our car now, still havent heard back from anyone about timing of events. whats Francorchamps like Peter? where do you stay?

Simon, where are you staying?
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:23 (Ref:669163)   #17
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I stay in a place out the back. If you take the slip road at the top of the hill (can't remember the junction number) and turn left across the main dual carriageway rather right into the town itself you then turn right and its in the village. We can drive through the back roads down past the tribunes for access to the circuit.

Don't expect any timing info until at least the middle of August Joe.

I'd give you the name of my favourite place but its full of you lot from my previous recommendation!!!!

The main town has two fantastic model shops and a great charcuterie for those bar-b-q bits!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 09:56 (Ref:669189)   #18
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
we drove through Francorchamps on the way there last year . . . .there was nothing there!

Malmedy was great, about 3 miles away but plenty of everything, and all at the right price, Hoegaarden in huge glasses you could barely lift for about 3 euro tokens

still surfing for ferries . . . .thers some old landing craft running to Dunkerque . . .cheap!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 10:26 (Ref:669231)   #19
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well it is a quiet location but I have to say that Malmaedy is a bit too far away once you've quaffed all that winner's shmpoo! Or just got p!shed after the race anyway!

The best place IMO is Stavelot. Again its a bit of a drive but loads of restaurants and bars.
Old 23 Jul 2003, 10:39 (Ref:669248)   #20
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ferry booked for us and toolbox . . . .still no word from anyone else

cheapest car trailer deal Ive found is £239 . . .it seems if you travel out and back at some godawful hour you save a few bob, so I'll pay the extra £20!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 12:26 (Ref:669346)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
This is for the one hour BSCC race. (Provisional).

Scrutineering on Friday pm
Practice at 0830 on the Saturday
Race at 3 pm on the Sunday
Old 23 Jul 2003, 14:19 (Ref:669441)   #22
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ahh, Les is probably racing on Sat if like last year.

no beer till 4pm on a Sunday . . . .blimey!
Old 23 Jul 2003, 18:24 (Ref:669665)   #23
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally posted by zefarelly
no beer till 4pm on a Sunday . . . .blimey!
Huh?
Old 24 Jul 2003, 09:23 (Ref:670111)   #24
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I meant not until 4 on Sunday . . . .ie after the race, all other days are ok, last year we where done and dusted on the Saturday by lunch time, the main challenge on Sunday was getting from beer stall to beer stall in the blazing sunshine, watching lovely cars thrash up Eu Rouge
Old 24 Jul 2003, 10:55 (Ref:670150)   #25
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Well.

I've just booked the ferry, I'm told the engine bits have passed all inspections and will be "at one" with each other again shortly.