Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Racers Forum

Old 24 Jul 2003, 12:49 (Ref:670246)   #26
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
thats a good, as long as they dont file for divorce !

Dover Calais Peter?
Old 24 Jul 2003, 12:56 (Ref:670257)   #27
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep Dover/Calais.
Old 24 Jul 2003, 15:49 (Ref:670423)   #28
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
09:30, 15:30, I suspect we'll be carrying a considerably heavier load back after cleaning out the nearest hypermarket might have to thin down my tool box to maximise grape juice space!
Old 24 Jul 2003, 15:55 (Ref:670431)   #29
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hour before out and an hour later back. The Cherokee carries quite a lot of wine!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 08:11 (Ref:670885)   #30
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
I suppose a Jeep has to have some plus points
(sorry, not a fan of yank tanks!, although a good tower no doubt)
Old 25 Jul 2003, 11:24 (Ref:671005)   #31
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Peter, who did you book with? Im being quoted silly money by seafrance now . . . £448 ! for van and trailer

thanksJOe
Old 25 Jul 2003, 12:04 (Ref:671035)   #32
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
MST. Telephone 01295 278748.

Don't usually post telephone numbers on the web but they have a website anyway.

The Jeep?

I wanted an Explorer (I know too much money for my own good) but I just couldn't get the seat comfortable on the test drive. Drove the Jeep for an hour and it was like driving an armchair!

It's actually not that large but its towing capacity is fantastic. Its the "old" version, I bought it in June 2001 as an ex demo. I was given the new type when I took mine in for service and it was so bloody uncomfortable it sent my leg to sleep!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 14:52 (Ref:671152)   #33
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
you right leg nailed to the floor per chance?

got the best price to date from MST, thanks
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:06 (Ref:671165)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
you right leg nailed to the floor per chance?
my other halfs parents have one, they love it, I guess its just that Ive seen better styling at Gamleys, Tonka studios in the 3-6 yrs section

got the best price to date from MST, thanks, booked
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:06 (Ref:671166)   #35
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Right leg? It was my left leg. Got to say those seats are the most uncomfortable I've ever sat in! Apart from a few rides in Mil helicopters whilst in Russia.

Ooh forgot to mention. The colour of mine is Silverstone!

Don't think you'll beat MST. Wish I could get them to sponsor me for all this free publicity.

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 25 Jul 2003 at 15:08.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:10 (Ref:671169)   #36
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
right boot, pedal to the metal?

they do seem good, prompt too.
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:12 (Ref:671172)   #37
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Er no. The right foot on the gas. The left just waves about uselessly cos its an automatic.

Anyway how did we get into the Roasd Car forum?

Isn't there anybody else going?

(Hmm could be a win on the cards here)
Old 25 Jul 2003, 15:46 (Ref:671204)   #38
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
well Ive just booked Les's car on the ferry si there'll be at least three cars there, all in different races!

if you win all the silver there'll be no room for beer!
Old 25 Jul 2003, 17:03 (Ref:671275)   #39
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Looks like a cue for a meet.
Old 26 Jul 2003, 08:59 (Ref:671721)   #40
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Here's the link to the 2003 website.

http://www.motorclassic.com/spa/
Old 26 Jul 2003, 17:09 (Ref:671971)   #41
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
ah, thanks, and a meet sounds good, I'd recommend the Italian in Malmedy
Old 26 Jul 2003, 17:11 (Ref:671972)   #42
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I was thinking more of a bar b in the paddock!

Anyway the race times are there. They usually stick to them once they're posted. Looks like a busy Saturday and a nice relaxing Snday for me. Bit different from the entry form.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 02:56 (Ref:672892)   #43
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As someone who's never been north of KL, can you tell me why you pay so much for a ferry ride instead of just driving through the tunnel? How long is it? What does it cost?
Old 28 Jul 2003, 03:53 (Ref:672911)   #44
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
David,

You can't drive through the tunnel. You actually drive on to a train and ride through and that costs about twice as much as the ferry! It only takes about twenty minutes though.

Apart from that the ferry trip has its benefits. You can get a good breakfast (to make my ferry I'll leave home at around 05.00am) and you get time to relax.

And if there are other drivers on the same ferry you can bs (er I mean) talk with them too.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 08:55 (Ref:673063)   #45
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
the tunnel is great, but pricey, which makes no sense to me!

BBQ sounds good to me, although last years Italian blow out with more than sufficient wine wasnt at all pricey, we came to the conclusion that as we'd been 'working' all day we deserved it, and we where on holiday!
Old 28 Jul 2003, 09:15 (Ref:673078)   #46
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Ah,

Wasn't thinking of the cost. More about leaving the circuit! I don't spend enough time there and if there's cars, food and booze available why bother going elsewhere?

Sad really.
Old 28 Jul 2003, 09:32 (Ref:673092)   #47
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
good point, last year we where in the paddock fettling at 8 am, so by 5pm with the business dealt with we where just about ready to drop!
Old 29 Jul 2003, 02:50 (Ref:673854)   #48
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ahhh, little geography lesson for me. The tunnel is just a railway line then, no roads?

Hmmm, interesting decsion that one...........
Old 29 Jul 2003, 09:11 (Ref:674031)   #49
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
David, at a guess it may be because we drive on different sides of the road . . . .the last thing you need is a French farmer on a moped doing 20mph through it.

or an English granded in a chocolate brown Montego on his way to beige world for some new slacks for that matter
Old 29 Jul 2003, 09:15 (Ref:674041)   #50
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
The main problem is ventilation. It's bad enough in the Dartford or Blackwall tunnels but a 21 mile long tube full of expended hydrocarbons would be almost impossible to ventilate.