Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 24 Jun 2006, 06:20 (Ref:1640166)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Dan Wheldon gets new sponsor for Richmond

Just browsing the Indycar site I noticed that Dan Wheldon is wearig new colours this weekend.

at Watkins Glen Scott Dixon was in Energizer colours and then went back to the red of target.

Now here in Richmond Wheldon has shown up with NicodentCQ sponsorship on his car.

does anyone know why ganassi is changing sponsors every few races and if this is going to be a regular thing ?
Old 24 Jun 2006, 16:04 (Ref:1640329)   #2
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ganassi's lucky enough to have a stable of high-profile sponsors, and if they all want their day on the sidepods, I see no reason why he should not accomodate.

I remember that Ganassi ran his cars in Coors Light colors in Denver at its inaugural CART race in 2002, so it isn't a new development.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 03:13 (Ref:1640618)   #3
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Amazing that Ganassi has an overflow of sponsers lined up but the car running fifth in the championship can't find any.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 04:53 (Ref:1640638)   #4
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deejay
Amazing that Ganassi has an overflow of sponsers lined up but the car running fifth in the championship can't find any.
It's not that amazing if you look at how broad Ganassi's racing operation stretches. A lot of winning cars piloted by a lot of winning drivers in Indycars, stock cars, and sports cars. Everyone wants to be a part of a winning team, and that's why Penske and Ganassi are running away with the IRL this year.
Old 25 Jun 2006, 23:06 (Ref:1641190)   #5
deejay
Veteran

New Zealand
deejay has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
But it's not like Panther are mugs though is it? They've won championships as well. There are much lesser teams in the IRL that have sponsorship.