Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Oct 2006, 11:36 (Ref:1725187)   #1
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Cooke/Peter Brock Chevrolet Corvette @ Goodwood

Would anyone be able to kindly direct me in the direction of photographs of the Corvette shared by David Cooke and the late Peter Brock at the Goodwood Revival meeting in 2005 and 2006? I am particularly Interested in full side on and rear photos.

I am going to put together a a model of the car and would like closeup photographs, particularly of the signage on the car.

There are some good photographs here , but I can not make out most of the decals :

http://www.motorsport.com/photos/sel...y&Y=2006&O=192

Note: you may have to "copy" and the "paste" the URL address onto your web browser's address bar.

Maybe someone could identify the decals so that I could search for images of them elsewhere on the Internet???

Thanks in anticipation, Chris.

Last edited by Chris - Melb; 2 Oct 2006 at 11:41.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 15:46 (Ref:1725381)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This is the best I can do:-

Old 2 Oct 2006, 15:50 (Ref:1725384)   #3
one-two
Racer

one-two should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
corvette

I think the car was at Spa at the weekend - a dnf in the GT sports endurance masters
Old 2 Oct 2006, 16:00 (Ref:1725391)   #4
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There may be some photos in this collection
http://www.motorsport.com/photos/sel...val&Y=2006&O=0

ooops sorry...realise that is what you posted. Anyway good luck.
looks like a JCB sticker and Sunoco

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 2 Oct 2006 at 16:04.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:12 (Ref:1725456)   #5
danccooke
Veteran

England
West Sussex
danccooke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How embarassing i had to push that at the end of the session as it conked out halfway through the race. drooled over it but never paid much attention to the decals, it was red, shiny numbered 12 and Peter Perfect was talking to me. Need i say more. I will check my old mans photo's though see if he has any shots
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:36 (Ref:1725470)   #6
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Goodwood Revival is on ITV tomorrow night (Tuesday 3rd October). Bearing in mind what has happened to Peter Brock, it might be shown there.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:41 (Ref:1725474)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Alan, the Revival is not on until later in the month. Tomorrow is the FoS.
Revival is Tuesday Oct 10th at 23:00 hrs on ITV1 according to Goodwood website.

Last edited by Andrew Kitson; 2 Oct 2006 at 17:43.
Old 2 Oct 2006, 17:44 (Ref:1725477)   #8
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Kitson
Alan, the Revival is not on until later in the month. Tomorrow is the FoS.
Whoops, you're right. I must be working too hard! Sorry all.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 06:42 (Ref:1725936)   #9
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is a side on view of the car.

Corvette
Old 3 Oct 2006, 07:14 (Ref:1725959)   #10
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tucked away in the Revival archive on the Goodwood site are a few general photo albums I believe
Old 3 Oct 2006, 07:53 (Ref:1725990)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Personally if I was trying to recreate the look of the car the important things to me would be the colour, the white striping, the roundals and the style of the race number, the small stickers would be incidental as they could well be changed over a period and at different events, (I know I always am!) its not as though its a main sponsor who has his scheme all over the car.

Go to the Best of British at Donnington on the 24th October and as well as seeing some great CTRCC action (there will be a few yanks entered my old Camaro included) I dare say you could pick some Sunoco stickers up as they sponsor and fuel the Mighty Mini's and/or the Radicals and were well in evidence at the last B of B meeting I attended.
Old 3 Oct 2006, 08:50 (Ref:1726056)   #12
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks everyone for your help. I have been able to identify and replicate most of the decals already. There was an oval shaped decal at the very rear of the rear guard that seemed to appeared on the car towards the end of the weekend, it seems. It does not appear in all the 2006 photos I have seen.

Also, the JCB decals seems to have changed during the weekend also!

I want to get the decals just right as the car was the last circuit car that Peter Brock drove before he was killed. It would be fantastic if someone could confirm that.

I think the saloon car race he drove in was on Saturday and the Royal Automobile Club TT race was late on Sunday, judging by this website:http://www.msttiming.com/meeting.asp...ttype=barcclub

I would love to go to Donnington Al, but it would be a long swim from Australia

Thanks again all,
Chris
Old 3 Oct 2006, 14:53 (Ref:1726481)   #13
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Well if David Walliams from Little Britain can swim the channel anything is possible!
Old 3 Oct 2006, 17:55 (Ref:1726761)   #14
Joe Twyman
Rookie

Joe Twyman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris, check your PM....I have photos of the car at Goodwood and Spa last weekend. I dont know how to post on here so will email them to you. The oval decal is a historic motor racing news one... Have you got a good image of the Mr Horsepower duck, that is David's mascot and is on the right hand side of the car!
Old 4 Oct 2006, 07:21 (Ref:1727202)   #15
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Thank you very much Joe. Will do.

Joe, I was surprised by David Williams' effort across the channel, although I suspect that he had "Bubbles De Vere" chasing after him. That would be enough motivation!

Chris.