Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

View Poll Results: Who you would like to get onto the "supplementary list"
Essex Invest Factory Zytek (Spa 1000k Winner) 46 52.27%
Team LNT TVR(s) (GT2 Spa 1000k 1&2) 24 27.27%
Lister Storm LMP1 (Surely worth an entry for previous loyalty!) 9 10.23%
Binnie Lola 1 1.14%
Lets all sabotage the WRs and Spykers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8 9.09%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:12 (Ref:1288436)   #51
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Interesting use of words on DSC that the reserves have 'seemingly' withdrawn. Is there more to this than is obvious?
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:27 (Ref:1288451)   #52
vandijk
Veteran

Netherlands
vandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridvandijk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Spoken with another team formely on the reserve list and they could not confirm as yet...(?). Should have some more on that later today.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:28 (Ref:1288452)   #53
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Interesting use of words on DSC that the reserves have 'seemingly' withdrawn. Is there more to this than is obvious?
I reckon only our common wishful thinking, I'm afraid....
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:37 (Ref:1288460)   #54
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickP:Clio51
There will be some issue of reserves not taking up their places too... if you were down the back end of that list of 8 would you have sent the extra Euro 27,000 to ensure you stayed on the list? (refundable, yes, but still a big find for a team trying to run a season)?? I'm sure some of the reserves won't have bothered...
right on! The latest list proves this theory 100% (sadly...)
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:40 (Ref:1288464)   #55
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Perhaps for 2006 the Reserve List should contain all the teams who submitted an entry rather than just a select 6/8/10 entries.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1288471)   #56
bernard b
Veteran

European Union
France
bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!bernard b has a real shot at the championship!
sillier each year ...

are we gonna have empty garages again ? hopefully no
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:08 (Ref:1288488)   #57
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Nasamax and Acemco for a couple of GT2 Porsches!

Can't wait to find out who the 2nd Spyker will replace..........
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:18 (Ref:1288494)   #58
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
this is such good news, maybe the zytek might get an entry.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:20 (Ref:1288496)   #59
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
why we have two god-forsaken Spykers on the grid and no LNT TVRs, no works Zytek, no Lister LMP... is just beyond me. way to go again ACO you idiots
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:30 (Ref:1288505)   #60
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Nope
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1288506)   #61
jpchenet
Rookie

jpchenet should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03
Our friends from across the pond will be devestated (if they didn't already know!) by the Acemco withdrawal. Great shame!
This has really surprised me as I was talking to a couple of their executive guys in Sebring and they were all ready to come over.

Damn, I had been invited to their paddock and pits as well!!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:31 (Ref:1288507)   #62
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LC2guy
Just had a thought. If Graham says there is more to come, that means that Spyker will have 2 cars in. No Black Rocket, Lister or LNT TVR's , but TWO spykers. Deary me.
Not necessarily
Old 27 Apr 2005, 12:32 (Ref:1288509)   #63
LC2guy
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
LC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLC2guy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Curioser and Curioser ( rubs chin )
Old 27 Apr 2005, 13:04 (Ref:1288528)   #64
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love 04s
this is such good news, maybe the zytek might get an entry.
I'm failing to see the 'good news' in all of this...........
Old 27 Apr 2005, 13:14 (Ref:1288534)   #65
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Indeed, sad news for ACEMCO.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 14:27 (Ref:1288585)   #66
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did ACEMCO withdraw over the rear spoiler issue? I read several quotes and they were not happy with the interpretation.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 14:38 (Ref:1288601)   #67
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Could this thread be merged with the 'Le Mans withdrawels - one car left on the reserve list' thread please. We are duplicating comments/sentiments..........
Old 27 Apr 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1288616)   #68
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
why we have two god-forsaken Spykers on the grid and no LNT TVRs, no works Zytek, no Lister LMP... is just beyond me. way to go again ACO you idiots
I agree, I too cant see a good reason as to why the cars u mention arent on the list. Theres nothing that connects all the above teams is there? Oh wait, yes there is they are all British. Coincidence? Maybe, but I dont think so...
Old 27 Apr 2005, 14:57 (Ref:1288620)   #69
Cerbera Speed12
Rookie

United Kingdom
UK
Cerbera Speed12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Please ACO, put things right and add the Zytek and LNT!
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:00 (Ref:1288624)   #70
Nordic
Veteran

England
West Sussex
Nordic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybersdorf
This is getting sillier every year. Why not just hold a qualifying session...

But who would you invite to that? would they turn up?
How late in the year do you leave it? Teams used to complain if the entry was subject to posting a time at PQ's.

Quote:
Because the spyker team have A.paid up, B.raced and finished a 24hr race before, not classified I accept, but it did cross the line, C.know how the system works.
Don't blame them for knowing the system, the teams need to look at themselves sometimes.

When the entry list was announced, ie before spa 05, the LNT TVR teams race record was not so good, If, as I read it the team was born from the RSR concern, Spa 04, the last LMEs race before the entry, both cars out within 20 laps, that is not going to impress.

The Works Zytek deal had come together late, However the ACO should have put them on,
The Lister, was it a serious entry for this year? the car has not impressed in its last 2 outings at Le Mans.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:18 (Ref:1288642)   #71
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
There is no anti-British sentiment attached to the ACO list there are in fact 15 british entered cars on the list (just a couple fewer than the French entry count which has only exceeded the Brit pack after the recent withdrawls)

Zytek are fully well aware why they were not accepted - LNT is more difficult to fathom but the team's reaction has been absolutely correct - Just get out there and show them they got it wrong.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 15:58 (Ref:1288664)   #72
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin
Zytek are fully well aware why they were not accepted
Why was it? I must have missed that.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 16:18 (Ref:1288667)   #73
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Think there'll be a few teams who were reserves ringing the ACO to see if they've missed the boat... clearly none of them thought they were in with a shout or they'd have put down the deposit when asked.
Similarly, a Le Mans budget is not always easy to come across if you can't pre-plan with sponsors... and being on the reserve list isn't a great selling point in the presentation...
Still not sure we'll see LNT being invited... and I must admit, not totally surprised that what would of been the only Saleen S7 to run at Le Mans has "disappeared" from the list... think there are still greater forces at work.
I too must have missed why Zytek weren't invited though Graham?
Old 27 Apr 2005, 16:19 (Ref:1288668)   #74
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic
But who would you invite to that? would they turn up?
How late in the year do you leave it? Teams used to complain if the entry was subject to posting a time at PQ's.

Because the spyker team have A.paid up, B.raced and finished a 24hr race before, not classified I accept, but it did cross the line, C.know how the system works.
Don't blame them for knowing the system, the teams need to look at themselves sometimes.

When the entry list was announced, ie before spa 05, the LNT TVR teams race record was not so good, If, as I read it the team was born from the RSR concern, Spa 04, the last LMEs race before the entry, both cars out within 20 laps, that is not going to impress.

The Works Zytek deal had come together late, However the ACO should have put them on,
The Lister, was it a serious entry for this year? the car has not impressed in its last 2 outings at Le Mans.
your reasons are not sufficient at all if you look into it Nordic...

lets look at your reasons for Spyker being let in:

A. the Spyker team "paying up"? what on earth does that mean?? all three of the teams i mentioned (Lister, LNT, Zytek) had budgets in place to run Le Mans and entered with the required submission fee... don't have the slightest of clues about what you are talking about there.

B. raced and finished a 24-hour race? then why wasn't the Lister even on the reserves list? it finished last year at Le Mans in an LMP category which is much more impressive than finishing in the GT category due to the comparative rates of attrition. also, that doesnt work for the TVRs either as the LNT TVRs are formerly the Chamberlain-Synergy cars... both of which finished at Le Mans last year top-10 in class.

C. know "how the system works"? i've never heard a more non-conrete and arbitrary term in my life. what system? are you meaning to tell me that the Spyker guys are somehow better at getting the job done than any of the above three teams??? all of the above teams are VASTLY more experienced with their respective equipment and the results show. even before two of the above teams WON their categories at the most recent LMES race, the LNT TVRs obliterated the Spykers at Sebring, with both of the TVRs finishing 36 and 15 laps clear of the ONLY Spyker remaining. we won't even go into the Zytek and Lister participation in the LMES last year...

the LNT TVRs were at Sebring which was BEFORE the entry announcement and ACO turned a blind eye to their performance (which was head and shoulders above the Spykers) in which both cars finished.

as for the Zytek deal being brought together late, that doesn't matter. its still the works Zytek and they submitted their entry to Le Mans... it doesn't matter when a deal comes together. if you were going by those rules there is no way either of Racing for Holland's Domes should have been on either the race entry or the Reserves list.

Lister being a serious entry?? they have more than proven their pace in the LMES races as well as FINISHING at Le Mans last year... definitely more serious than a few of the GT2 Porsche teams and definitely more so than the Spykers. did you see them at either Sebring or Spa this year? they were dangerously off-pace and had terrible handling problems that were visibly evident...

no, if you ask me, ACO has just screwed up yet ANOTHER entry (how many years in a row is this) and i am glad that it is blowing up in their faces... wake up ACO and act like you have someone over there that has some rational intelligence.

Last edited by tblincoe; 27 Apr 2005 at 16:23.
Old 27 Apr 2005, 17:03 (Ref:1288694)   #75
Tom V
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
Tom V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan
Why was it? I must have missed that.
Exactly, I don't understand either why Zytek was refused an entry. During the Spa LMES race David Leslie kept telling us that it was because they are a works team. But that doesn't make sense. Why then was Audi allowed to run a works entry all those years? And how about the Courage, that's a works entry as well.