Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:05 (Ref:3883392)   #251
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
I can't believe that you've missed off the big story of the day...Sean Paul is playing at Speedmachine

I clicked no longer wish to receive e-mails when they send theirs. I gave the reason that all seems to be about music now and that rallycross is dead.
Old 11 Feb 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3883401)   #252
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Good lineup for GRX.
Old 14 Feb 2019, 16:39 (Ref:3884186)   #253
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Who honestly cares.

After last years effort and the state of this years championship, I hope no bugger goes so WRX lose a ton of money.

You are backing the ruiners of rallycross if you attend in all honesty. Think of that before you think you can't do without it.

Last year I spent hundreds of pounds to go to Hell instead of the Silverstone event. This year I won’t do any WRX rounds.

For people wanting a motorsport fix in Britain that weekend then Santa Pod is less than an hour away from Silverstone and has the FIA Top Fuel and Pro Mod in town for The Main Event. Well worth attending

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 14 Feb 2019, 23:03 (Ref:3884270)   #254
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Its not a bad event, but again it is quite pricey for what you get, but far better value for the amount you see
Old 24 Feb 2019, 21:20 (Ref:3886386)   #255
CS1
Racer

CS1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anymore rumours leading up to deadline for entries?
Old 24 Feb 2019, 21:25 (Ref:3886387)   #256
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CS1 View Post
Anymore rumours leading up to deadline for entries?
Heard that Anton Marklund is doing WRX as a privateer.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 10:19 (Ref:3886482)   #257
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
Heard that Anton Marklund is doing WRX as a privateer.
That's interesting. I assume that would be as a privateer in his Polo? I had wondered if Anton would show up at GCK this year.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 11:25 (Ref:3886493)   #258
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
That's interesting. I assume that would be as a privateer in his Polo? I had wondered if Anton would show up at GCK this year.
Marklund had two Polos left in Skellefteå. I'm not sure but apparently Marklund had sent one trailer to France. Unfortunately I didn't hear the whole thing but he would compete as privateer.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 18:02 (Ref:3886565)   #259
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
It will be a open battle for the championship. I don't see one or two drivers dominate.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 19:51 (Ref:3886590)   #260
CS1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
It will be a open battle for the championship. I don't see one or two drivers dominate.
Depends who enters!!!
Old 25 Feb 2019, 20:20 (Ref:3886593)   #261
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Predictably, I couldn't care less, hope it utterly fails, sponsors leave, tv deal is dropped and IMG disappear back to where they came.

But you all knew that anyway.
Old 25 Feb 2019, 21:49 (Ref:3886609)   #262
CS1
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Predictably, I couldn't care less, hope it utterly fails, sponsors leave, tv deal is dropped and IMG disappear back to where they came.

But you all knew that anyway.
Yawn
Old 26 Feb 2019, 13:27 (Ref:3886742)   #263
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
I am a bit worried that GRX and GCK will dominate the current roster judging from last season. Grönholm was close to the manufacture cars at times, posting the third fastest lap after Kristoffersson 2x in Germany for example. And GCK seemed to have had a decent car but without drivers to pull it together for the most part.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 13:42 (Ref:3886748)   #264
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am a bit worried that GRX and GCK will dominate the current roster judging from last season. Grönholm was close to the manufacture cars at times, posting the third fastest lap after Kristoffersson 2x in Germany for example. And GCK seemed to have had a decent car but without drivers to pull it together for the most part.
Baumanis was frequently in the mix too, so I don't think that we're going to see a domination in the same way that we have over the last 2 seasons.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 14:45 (Ref:3886772)   #265
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Baumanis was frequently in the mix too, so I don't think that we're going to see a domination in the same way that we have over the last 2 seasons.
Baumanis was in the mix when other drivers went out. In his only final he was almost six seconds behind Solberg who finished fifth and almost 10 after Kristoffersson. Most was down to the car but still, it's a lot. Grönholm finished 48 points ahead of him in the standings.

I agree that the manufacturers dominance was unprecedented but I don't think that doesn't mean that dominance by some may be gone.
Old 26 Feb 2019, 15:13 (Ref:3886778)   #266
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
I am still convinced that the GCK Megane is a potentially winner in the right hands.

I really hope Hansen don't manage to get the Peugeot Sport cars as, if they do, I think there is a strong possibility they will dominate.

It is definitely a worry, I wonder if the ES Motorsport Fabia is going to deliver as well: there seems to have been a hell of a lot testing done with that car, so it should be good!
Old 27 Feb 2019, 15:59 (Ref:3887095)   #267
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There seem to be a lot of rumours about the series not surviving the season. No idea how serious it is but rumours can't help. I wouldn't be sad. It and IMG need to go to save the sport.

There must be major doubts whether it will even last long enough to become the world milk float championship in 2020, 2021 or whenever...
Old 27 Feb 2019, 17:23 (Ref:3887104)   #268
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I too hope it dies.

Not the sport, ti will always survive, but WRX, ERX< RX lites, all that IMG stuff is just awful, they took the sort away from its base to make money, got rid of the rich privateer options in favour of works teams who dumped them as they usually do in motorsport and are left with a nothing championship that is only there because of the contracts signed by the companies and tracks.

Those tracks will make no money from events as no fans will want to see this as they did in the past, so really IMG should do the decent thing and pull the plug.

Just like GRC
Old 27 Feb 2019, 23:06 (Ref:3887177)   #269
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep those rumours cant be helping at all, but they no one to blame but them selfs for the mess they find the championship in.

Just out of interest, is there a minimum entry that is required for the championship to go ahead?

Just to give an idea of the total lunacy and mess its in, a weekend ticket for the SpeedMachine crap at Silverstone is £70. At the same weekend, the FIA Masters Historic is at Brands Hatch and that is £30 for a weekend! Considering I only live 30miles away from Silverstone, guess were im going that weekend.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 10:29 (Ref:3887269)   #270
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Just to give an idea of the total lunacy and mess its in, a weekend ticket for the SpeedMachine crap at Silverstone is £70. At the same weekend, the FIA Masters Historic is at Brands Hatch and that is £30 for a weekend! Considering I only live 30miles away from Silverstone, guess were im going that weekend.
I'll be heading to Brands that weekend too. I started splitting that weekend between WRX at Lydden and Historics at Brands when the rallycross timetable got sparser and the prices went up. Now it's 100% historics. Mission accomplished for IMG - they've got rid of the rallycross fans from their event
Old 28 Feb 2019, 10:42 (Ref:3887273)   #271
1975DCS
Veteran

Netherlands
1975DCS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Me too, will not attend any Rallycross event. Didn't do last year either, because I don't like Mettet or Silverstone.
Old 28 Feb 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3887280)   #272
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by geordiecriag101 View Post
Yeah, but Brands Hatch hasn't got Sean Paul...

The full entry list is expected next week, isn't it? Perhaps it is my memory, but I am sure we had more news of confirmed drivers at this point in the pre-season last year?

I do wonder if we are going to be surprised by the quantity of entries or if they negative comments are right and the numbers are going to be low. As asked above, there is surely a minimum entry required to run the Championship?
Old 28 Feb 2019, 10:57 (Ref:3887281)   #273
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
I guess in IMG's mind they did not WANT true rallycross fans, they know what they are like.

They wanted new fans, fans who are easily impressed with garbage, fans who are more modern, who live on social media, who buy things without thinking.

That is not the usual rallycross audience, it is the WWF, cage fighting, drifting audience.

You can see why they did it, as it worked for a while, but as I sad at the time, they don't care about the sport generally, just their product, and the sport might struggle to regain it's health globally as a result of IMG's involvement, they will just move on to the next thing to destroy as they have done with speedway which in global terms is fine, but at a national level in the UK is ruined, not entirely their fault, but they just went with the GP stuff, nothing else.
Old 1 Mar 2019, 09:13 (Ref:3887495)   #274
mivec
Racer

Belgium
Belgium
mivec should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think there will be more cars on the list then expected.

@Chunder: You keep on posting here, you must have a love/hate relation with rallycross
Old 1 Mar 2019, 12:19 (Ref:3887532)   #275
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Yeah, but Brands Hatch hasn't got Sean Paul...
The Brands 'pros' column is at bursting point

I still enjoyed my trips to Hell and Riga last year and probably would've gone to Latvia again this year if it weren't for other commitments (I really enjoyed the City so quite happy for another long weekend there).