Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 28 Jul 2022, 00:56 (Ref:4120699)   #301
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
will that give porsche 50% of alfa tauri as well?
Old 28 Jul 2022, 04:48 (Ref:4120701)   #302
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Off topic, but today I drove past Mugen Honda's Milton Keynes Facility.
Nice! It's in a dead-end, no? How did you manage to drive past it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst77 View Post
will that give porsche 50% of alfa tauri as well?
No. But AlphaTauri will presumably use the RBPT-Porsche power units from 2026.

There seems to be some confusion: RBPT never took over Honda IP, Honda will continue to supply the power units independently to Red Bull Racing until 2025 inclusive, RBPT have no access to the internals or technology of the Honda power units and will be developing the 2026 Porsche-branded unit independently of any Honda technology. Presumably Porsche Motorsport will provide technical support to the ex-Mercedes Powertrain staff already recruited by Red Bull Powertrains.
Old 28 Jul 2022, 07:43 (Ref:4120703)   #303
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That's an encouraging sign of Porsche returning now that their intentions have been made more clear. However I still refuse to believe it 100% until it actually happens. Seen so many plans come to naught in the past
Old 28 Jul 2022, 08:45 (Ref:4120715)   #304
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
Nice! It's in a dead-end, no? How did you manage to drive past it.

No. But AlphaTauri will presumably use the RBPT-Porsche power units from 2026.

There seems to be some confusion: RBPT never took over Honda IP, Honda will continue to supply the power units independently to Red Bull Racing until 2025 inclusive, RBPT have no access to the internals or technology of the Honda power units and will be developing the 2026 Porsche-branded unit independently of any Honda technology. Presumably Porsche Motorsport will provide technical support to the ex-Mercedes Powertrain staff already recruited by Red Bull Powertrains.
Rumoured that the RBR engines will be badged Honda next year and will have prominent Honda branding on the cars. Honda regretting another hasty decision to exit F1 at the wrong time, again!

Doesn't effect the Porsche deal as different regs from 2026, so will be for 23,24 and 25.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Old 28 Jul 2022, 08:57 (Ref:4120716)   #305
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
Rumoured that the RBR engines will be badged Honda next year and will have prominent Honda branding on the cars. Honda regretting another hasty decision to exit F1 at the wrong time, again!

Doesn't effect the Porsche deal as different regs from 2026, so will be for 23,24 and 25.

Sent from my SNE-LX1 using Tapatalk
Or VAG have got fed up with waiting for the FIA to announce the new engine regs.....
Old 21 Nov 2022, 08:07 (Ref:4134428)   #306
Taxi645
Veteran

Netherlands
Taxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTaxi645 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I find it interesting they have welcomed back Ricciardo. It seems they (I can imagine the Verstappen camp was also in favour of it) wanted an insurance policy and perhaps send a subtle message to Perez (even if Horner denies it now); too many shenanigans and....

Next year will probably be a lot tighter than this year and Red Bull will probably have a lot less room for leaving points unnecessarily on the table.

Also, when Verstappen en Ricciardo drove together there was only about 0.1-0.25s between them on race pace. In the long run Ricciardo could be the better partner regarding driving style. That said, I don't know if the Red Bull's of that time had as much a loose rear end as Verstappen prefers, which would have influence the difference in pace.
Constructive discussion: A conversion where participants are maximally open to yet critical of each others (and their own) arguments, with the intend of enhancing the knowledge, understanding and/or handling of it's subject.
Old 21 Nov 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4134435)   #307
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
When I heard at the weekend that Red Bull had re-signed Daniel as their reserve driver I also thought that this may be an alternative (and potential threat) to Perez that, if he doesn't 'play ball' they have a replacement ready to step into his seat...
Old 21 Nov 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4134457)   #308
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like a wild prediction, so here's one for 2023.

Perez eventually has a fall out big enough that he leaves the team, which will give Danny a chance. However, and this is where it's wild, Ferrari and Leclercs relationship will continue to deteriorate (due to Ferraris inability to carry out basic tasks), resulting in a Perez/Leclerc swap.
Old 21 Nov 2022, 13:13 (Ref:4134466)   #309
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
When I heard at the weekend that Red Bull had re-signed Daniel as their reserve driver I also thought that this may be an alternative (and potential threat) to Perez that, if he doesn't 'play ball' they have a replacement ready to step into his seat...
While it may be Daniel is a potential Perez replacement, I feel Red Bull signed Ricciardo more for his PR value and so he can do donuts in the V8 at events and race openings. OK, maybe a little development work as well.
Old 21 Nov 2022, 14:15 (Ref:4134472)   #310
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Perez eventually has a fall out big enough that he leaves the team, which will give Danny a chance. However, and this is where it's wild, Ferrari and Leclercs relationship will continue to deteriorate (due to Ferraris inability to carry out basic tasks), resulting in a Perez/Leclerc swap.
I confess I can't see that one although I can see Leclerc looking to leave Ferrari if they continue to fail him...
Old 21 Nov 2022, 15:16 (Ref:4134480)   #311
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I confess I can't see that one although I can see Leclerc looking to leave Ferrari if they continue to fail him...
I also can't see Max or Jos accepting Charles as a team mate!
Old 21 Nov 2022, 15:30 (Ref:4134483)   #312
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
as long as RB are producing a top car, i dont see Perez ever getting so mad that he walks.

and where would he walk to? another top team to be their clear number 2?

for sure i can see RB replacing Perez at some point but likewise i dont see Leclerc going there as a replacement either.

Ferrari ask him his opinion during races...he would never get that at RB. i like Leclerc for sure but i dont see him being able to flourish in that RB environment. he doesnt seem to be cut out for it imo.
Old 22 Nov 2022, 14:34 (Ref:4134505)   #313
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
as long as RB are producing a top car, i dont see Perez ever getting so mad that he walks.
I can see him having a fall out and being dropped. He might get to add his name to the prestigious list of drivers who have been sacked from one of the Red Bull teams.

Also, given RBR have still not managed to get a 1-2 in the drivers title (something Mercedes have managed 5 times), there is still much to gain by having a better number 2.
Old 22 Nov 2022, 15:17 (Ref:4134509)   #314
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Also, given RBR have still not managed to get a 1-2 in the drivers title (something Mercedes have managed 5 times), there is still much to gain by having a better number 2.
thats a fair point although would you put Perez' finishes down to not being good enough in that car (good as a Bottas was for Merc for example) or is it race strategies aimed at securing 1st place for the other driver being the priority for RB?

RB didnt seem to care much about the 1-2 finish until Max very publicly alluded to how they dont really care about it no?
Old 22 Nov 2022, 21:51 (Ref:4134538)   #315
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
We all realise Marko's premature announcement was that Lawson is the official reserve, right? Danny Ricc is the "3rd" driver and brand ambassador.

So effectively he's going to be smiling a lot, doing some donuts in old cars and selling fizzy drinks.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 14:04 (Ref:4134612)   #316
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
So effectively he's going to be smiling a lot, doing some donuts in old cars and selling fizzy drinks.
...and hoping for a fresh outbreak of covid in the Monaco region.
Old 23 Nov 2022, 14:13 (Ref:4134616)   #317
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Smacks of desperation to stay in the F1 circus at any cost, even if it means that he's just going to be tying a few guy ropes now and again....
Old 23 Nov 2022, 14:23 (Ref:4134619)   #318
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
And Mclaren will still be paying him then? A year off, lots of nice parties, probably gets to bring his friends and fam along for the ride and gets to enjoy their company because he’s not really working, several million tax free dollars in his pocket.

Or spend a year in an uncompetitive car (if he even could have gotten that) in the hopes of staying in the show for another year?

Which is the more desperate action?
Old 24 Nov 2022, 01:10 (Ref:4134675)   #319
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Smacks of desperation to stay in the F1 circus at any cost, even if it means that he's just going to be tying a few guy ropes now and again....
This is an odd comment. There is no cost. He is being employed (paid) to do it.
Are all the ex-drivers employed within the F1 circus desperate? Brundle, Button, Chandhock, di Resta, Coulthard, Webber, Button, Davidson, Hill and Rosberg to name a few.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 01:22 (Ref:4134676)   #320
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
It's a nice refresher for someone that clearly needs to clear his mind, while staying in the sport he loves.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 03:32 (Ref:4134684)   #321
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
Quote:

Interesting placement.
When he went to McLaren as the 'team leader' it was as though he was hooking up with Macca as a lead into the WDC he so clearly wanted, and no doubt seduced by Zak's 'plans for the future' talk.

The reality quickly absorbed his attention in that Lando was no slouch nor in kid gloves and that he would have to also deal with a recalcitrant handling car.
So, he had some adjusting to do but led the field and Monza and a lovely 1-2. (And RBR had 5 this year).
But the year slipped away on him and despite the positive talk the team were seeking a replacement for their 'team leader'.

So, he has talked to Toto but didn't get what he wanted.

RBR know him.
He has huge PR value and a strong following.
He can step in IF need be, without much anxiety for the team.
Given Lawson is the 'first reserve' Lawson will have two Super Formula rounds that conflict, Imola and Canada.
He doesn't want to race for a year.

The Macca experience has definitely done his head and confidence in a bit and there's some soul searching going on.
Renault was fine but this last eighteen months has caused a rethink about life and goals.
He'll decide what he wants over the next six months and will then, if he wants to come back, have to formulate a plan that will get him to where he wants to be.

There is no guarantee that will have a definitely positive result.
It will really depend on circumstance and how much evidence there is that he really has some motivation.
He's 33-34 so really is heading into his competitive twilight compared with Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Norris.
He's better than Ocon, Gasly, Mags, Stroll, and as good as Alonso if we compared his year with Ocon and those of Fernando as a marker.

Whatever the issues with the MCL 36 it wasn't a great car and Lando certainly excelled in comparison.

I'd much rather he went to IMSA/WEC/Indycar but he wanted to stay in F1.
The dream is still there, and he hasn't let it go...... yet.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 04:54 (Ref:4134687)   #322
Sandgroper
Veteran

Australia
Perth WA (south of the river)
Sandgroper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
It's a nice refresher for someone that clearly needs to clear his mind, while staying in the sport he loves.
Absolutely.

A nice well paid 12 month break to refresh and rest the batteries for whatever "may" come his way.
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:08 (Ref:4134702)   #323
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teretonga View Post
Interesting placement.
When he went to McLaren as the 'team leader' it was as though he was hooking up with Macca as a lead into the WDC he so clearly wanted, and no doubt seduced by Zak's 'plans for the future' talk.

The reality quickly absorbed his attention in that Lando was no slouch nor in kid gloves and that he would have to also deal with a recalcitrant handling car.
So, he had some adjusting to do but led the field and Monza and a lovely 1-2. (And RBR had 5 this year).
But the year slipped away on him and despite the positive talk the team were seeking a replacement for their 'team leader'.

So, he has talked to Toto but didn't get what he wanted.

RBR know him.
He has huge PR value and a strong following.
He can step in IF need be, without much anxiety for the team.
Given Lawson is the 'first reserve' Lawson will have two Super Formula rounds that conflict, Imola and Canada.
He doesn't want to race for a year.

The Macca experience has definitely done his head and confidence in a bit and there's some soul searching going on.
Renault was fine but this last eighteen months has caused a rethink about life and goals.
He'll decide what he wants over the next six months and will then, if he wants to come back, have to formulate a plan that will get him to where he wants to be.

There is no guarantee that will have a definitely positive result.
It will really depend on circumstance and how much evidence there is that he really has some motivation.
He's 33-34 so really is heading into his competitive twilight compared with Max, Leclerc, Sainz, Norris.
He's better than Ocon, Gasly, Mags, Stroll, and as good as Alonso if we compared his year with Ocon and those of Fernando as a marker.

Whatever the issues with the MCL 36 it wasn't a great car and Lando certainly excelled in comparison.

I'd much rather he went to IMSA/WEC/Indycar but he wanted to stay in F1.
The dream is still there, and he hasn't let it go...... yet.
Sounds like the basis for a great new novel Teretonga.

Certainly would fit in on the fiction shelves!
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4134703)   #324
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
This is an odd comment. There is no cost. He is being employed (paid) to do it.
Are all the ex-drivers employed within the F1 circus desperate? Brundle, Button, Chandhock, di Resta, Coulthard, Webber, Button, Davidson, Hill and Rosberg to name a few.
Nothing odd about it at all. If Daniel thinks he's going to be back driving a Red Bull in GPs then I fear he's deluded. I wasn't actually referring to the cost in $$$....
Old 24 Nov 2022, 09:37 (Ref:4134707)   #325
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Sounds like the basis for a great new novel Teretonga.

Certainly would fit in on the fiction shelves!
I'd love this forum to be a place where people are allowed to post their opinions or thoughts without being subject to such insults. Twitter this is not.