Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Bike Racing

Old 4 Jul 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1954373)   #301
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
For the US round at least, duHamel makes some sense - he knows the track really closely, and he's still riding at the highest level. There are so many options for Honda, even if none of them are perfect (almost by definition, all their best prospects are fighting for a title somewhere else and/or have no MotoGP experience).
Old 6 Jul 2007, 07:11 (Ref:1955796)   #302
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Haha, "Kev"

Maybe he can cause annother accident in the slow down lap.
Old 28 Sep 2007, 17:39 (Ref:2025292)   #303
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Chaz Davies confirmed with d'Antin for last three races of the season.

http://www.crash.net/news_view~cid~6~id~155055.htm

He also has a report posted on crash.net where he talks about his test with Ducati at Mugello. He was just over a second off the circuit record on worn tires.
Old 18 Oct 2007, 14:53 (Ref:2043659)   #304
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://www.crash.net/motorsport/moto...orst_bike.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos Checa
"I think that this year's bike is perhaps the most difficult that I have been on, with all due respect to Honda," said the double 500cc race winner. "They worked hard but we haven't been able to get the results."
So, Carlos is moving on to WSBK and decides now is the proper time to denounce the RC212V. LoL!
Old 18 Oct 2007, 15:40 (Ref:2043716)   #305
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
What I would like to know is how different the Repsol bike is compared to the LCR ride.

I think Honda have done an amazing job over the season as we all know the bike was an absolute pig and now both Repsol bikes are running at the front, which can not be said of the Fiat Yamaha team and Marlboro Ducati team (Loris his win in Japan was down to conditions and his ride at the Island was brilliant).
Old 18 Oct 2007, 15:55 (Ref:2043730)   #306
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
Good point Gerben. I think it's safe to say that the Repsol bikes are nothing like their privateer variants. Honda have been forced to play catch up, and as you point out have done reasonably well. However, resources have not been passed down as of yet it would seem. Even the 250 teams seems to be suffering.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 03:38 (Ref:2044157)   #307
Hazza
Subscriber
Veteran

Australia
Behind You.
Hazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHazza should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They get the bike from the start of the year, and unless you are one of the choosen ones like Sete was you don't get diddley squat for the rest.

It's in Repsol's contract.
Old 19 Oct 2007, 07:18 (Ref:2044276)   #308
Gerben24
Veteran

Netherlands
Heerenveen
Gerben24 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
All the other Honda's do have the new exhaust system. But maybe Repsol Honda haven't notice!
Old 19 Oct 2007, 08:19 (Ref:2044323)   #309
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think you will find that because of the Repsol teams alck of pace HRC have pretty much had to prioritise their hand me down parts.

Seems to me that Gresini are next in line and then Checa Nakano and Roberts who seem to get nothing.

Its fair enough if the works bikes arent going any good, coz in reality the 211 was more than quick enough in private hands to win? Barros did it, Biaggi did it, Tamada did it, Melandri and Sete did it. And I can tell you now none of them were on the very latest spec bikes when they won races.

They might not have been far away in tersm of spec especially in the Barros/Biaggi Repsol days when no one seemsed able to push the team forward.

But certainly in the earlier days with Barros and later on Tamada the bike wasnt the saem as Repsol.

Good point about 250's aswell, Honda ade a deal ages ago that they would not use an NSR for a while, they used to do it in 125 aswell, I am positive they had an NSR125 ready to go in the mid nineties but kept being cautious about using it.

If you remember how dominant Katoh was on the last NSR you will understand why perhaps Honda dont always HAVE to win and ruin the show. I think there are agreements in place between Honda and many other makers to ensure fair competition. Eitehr that or DOrna get involved

Remember also in the early nintioes Yamaha could ahve easily brought out the YZR250 again, but stuck with the TZ after Harada won the title with it, then came back in the late 90's and won with a sort of TZR with Jacque and Nakano, note the recurring theme, Japanese rider...