Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jun 2020, 12:43 (Ref:3981545)   #16
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
I too can't see Stroll being dropped either.
He will be replaced when he himself decides he has had enough, and (probably) takes up a management role at the team instead.
He could be shuffled off to the Aston GT squad - maybe start out in GT4 in British GT
Old 12 Jun 2020, 12:45 (Ref:3981548)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Maybe he would be more suited to endurance, but anyway, if this seasonís Racing Point is as good as it was in testing, then this is Strollís big chance to show heís better than people say.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 00:00 (Ref:3981641)   #18
Theunser
Racer

Theunser should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, I know Stroll's dad owns the team, but it becoming a factory team might change things.
But realistically I think too Stroll is staying, I'd just really like to see Stoffel there.
Old 13 Jun 2020, 00:05 (Ref:3981644)   #19
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theunser View Post
Yes, I know Stroll's dad owns the team, but it becoming a factory team might change things.
But realistically I think too Stroll is staying, I'd just really like to see Stoffel there.
He owns, or controls via investment group, controlling interest and is the managing director of the factory as well. Stroll is only leaving F1 if he has a top level Aston Martin program to go to and GTE is dead, it just hasn't been shot yet. GT3 maybe but that's less factory teams than private with factory money.

Maybe Daddy will build him a DPi and he can go play in IMSA and let the quick guys run the F1 cars.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 15 Jun 2020, 16:55 (Ref:3982212)   #20
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Vilnius
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Andy Cowell leaving Mercedes . Something afoot methinks Time for Alonso to sign up!
Old 15 Jun 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3982218)   #21
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Andy Cowell leaving Mercedes . Something afoot methinks Time for Alonso to sign up!
Link to news item.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...1-engine-chief

If you trust the info provided by Mercedes, he let them know he wanted to leave in January. Is it that he has nothing left to prove at Mercedes, a new project elsewhere, things are changing at Mercedes, all of the above?

It took me a minute to understand the Alonso reference above!

Richard
Old 16 Jun 2020, 03:00 (Ref:3982264)   #22
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Link to news item.

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14...1-engine-chief

If you trust the info provided by Mercedes, he let them know he wanted to leave in January. Is it that he has nothing left to prove at Mercedes, a new project elsewhere, things are changing at Mercedes, all of the above?

It took me a minute to understand the Alonso reference above!

Richard
Cowell will work with Thomas to support the transition and will "consult to Mercedes-Benz AG on a major future project until at least early 2021"

Hardly likely he is going anywhere near a competitor in the short term.
Old 16 Jun 2020, 06:26 (Ref:3982270)   #23
Mike Harte
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!Mike Harte has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Cowell will work with Thomas to support the transition and will "consult to Mercedes-Benz AG on a major future project until at least early 2021"

Hardly likely he is going anywhere near a competitor in the short term.

Just nice words to mean that he will be going on gardening leave until at least next year.
Old 13 Jul 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3988053)   #24
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Richard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameRichard Casto will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bottas looking to stay at Mercedes for 2021.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/b...-2021/4833817/

It is looking rough for Vettel to find a top seat in 2021. I feel he may pull an Alonso and take a year off or just outright retire.

Richard
Old 13 Jul 2020, 19:39 (Ref:3988065)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Bottas has done well so far this season, letís if a contract for next season can keep him motivated throughout. Weíll wait for the official announcement, but he could be in a good place if contract talks break down with Hamilton and he ends up leaving.

But I too struggle to see where Vettel will fit next season, unless itís somewhere like Haas
Old 13 Jul 2020, 20:54 (Ref:3988086)   #26
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel will have to drive for little or no pay to get in the cars further back. Now whether he could bring a sponsor on board is a detail that would change things. But would that make him a paying driver and would a 4x WC want to be that guy
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 20:51 (Ref:3988298)   #27
Nikki Katz
Racer

Nikki Katz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like vettelís been offered a contract by racing point to replace perez for next year. I imagine itís a significant pay cut if he takes it tho.
Old 14 Jul 2020, 21:06 (Ref:3988302)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

If true, that would be gutting for Checo after all heís done for team, especially with options for next season already running out
Old 14 Jul 2020, 22:48 (Ref:3988322)   #29
Richard Casto
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Durham, NC, USA
Perez to RBR if Albon doesn't step it up?

Richard
Old 14 Jul 2020, 23:51 (Ref:3988330)   #30
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
If true, that would be gutting for Checo after all heís done for team, especially with options for next season already running out
Agreed. Incredibly unlucky.

However he would be an upgrade on Albon at RBR and a great foil for Max.

RBR's biggest problem at the moment and over the past couple of seconds is they don't have that second guy close in 4th to throw a spanner in Merc's strategy and force their hand. So many times we have seen Mercs in the top 2 or 3 with Max in amongst them, but Gasly or Albon 30 seconds behind down the road. It's a massive hindrance.

Perez I feel would be in amongst it and importantly, able to pick up the pieces if Max retires or has problems. RBR should definitely consider it if he is an option.