Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Mar 2020, 22:18 (Ref:3961112)   #51
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpartacusF View Post
A friend is a member and has invited me - so excited. A couple of etiquette questions for the cognoscenti here. First off what's your advice on the dress code? Any faux pas to avoid? Next, where's a good place on-site for lunch I can book for the group, by way of a thank you?
They suggest country casual. Whatever that is. I dress for the weather - Peter is right - assume it will be cold !
Old 2 Mar 2020, 22:19 (Ref:3961113)   #52
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
A friend is a member and has invited me - so excited. A couple of etiquette questions for the cognoscenti here. First off what's your advice on the dress code? Any faux pas to avoid? Next, where's a good place on-site for lunch I can book for the group, by way of a thank you?
Food wise, there are a number of options, none especially cheap but tends to be decent quality. The Goodwood website normally lists the range of options.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 07:54 (Ref:3961158)   #53
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
I dress as if for cold winter's day fishing - but without the waders , obvs...No one cares what you wear and if anything , I think the more exhibitionist fashionista at the MM tend just to look a bit daft really.

I must sport my 60s look one year- scruffy parka , cheap Wrangler copy jeans scuffed desert boots , a 3 day old shirt and chain smoking Embassy Tipped. Damned sight more authentic than up market scarlet cords , Dubarry boots, tweed sports jackets and cravats .
Old 3 Mar 2020, 08:06 (Ref:3961162)   #54
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I dress as if for cold winter's day fishing - but without the waders , obvs...No one cares what you wear and if anything , I think the more exhibitionist fashionista at the MM tend just to look a bit daft really.

I must sport my 60s look one year- scruffy parka , cheap Wrangler copy jeans scuffed desert boots , a 3 day old shirt and chain smoking Embassy Tipped. Damned sight more authentic than up market scarlet cords , Dubarry boots, tweed sports jackets and cravats .
That sounds like my 60s look too. And my 70s. 80s. 90s. 00s. 10s. 20s.

(Apart from the Embassy)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 3 Mar 2020, 08:17 (Ref:3961164)   #55
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I don't think I fancy turning up in knickerbocker trousers, knee length socks, Raxar jacket, and cycling shoes( with shoe plates) and bonk bag slung across the shoulders.
Period can be taken too far.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 09:33 (Ref:3961174)   #56
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
I don't think I fancy turning up in knickerbocker trousers, knee length socks, Raxar jacket, and cycling shoes( with shoe plates) and bonk bag slung across the shoulders.
Period can be taken too far.
It sounds like you'd cut quite a dash if you did!
Old 3 Mar 2020, 09:36 (Ref:3961175)   #57
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
First off what's your advice on the dress code?
Thermals!

Last edited by Peter Mallett; 3 Mar 2020 at 14:38.
Old 3 Mar 2020, 13:58 (Ref:3961205)   #58
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Is the live stream restricted to members only this year? (assuming there is one). I quite like the sound of the rally cars running into the darkness.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 05:45 (Ref:3961404)   #59
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
I've always enjoy the live streaming, good views and free. Is the dress code thing very serious meaning mandatory? I went only once to the Revival and dont remember this.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 06:42 (Ref:3961408)   #60
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I've always enjoy the live streaming, good views and free. Is the dress code thing very serious meaning mandatory? I went only once to the Revival and dont remember this.
The GRRC are still suggesting ‘exclusive live streaming’ as a club benefit, so we’ll see what happens this year.

‘Dress Code’ is a Revival thing, not MM. But even at the former, it’s not mandatory except in the inner paddocks. Maybe collecting area, parc ferme and club marquee as well.....
Old 4 Mar 2020, 07:21 (Ref:3961411)   #61
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Dont remember what kind of wear I had when at the Revival. A charming and very special occasion. I remember my Dad organising, participating or just watching many concours d'élégance. Even one at La Baule with mum, Sammy the dog and a race Gordini. I won't mention a nice 328…
Old 4 Mar 2020, 08:35 (Ref:3961428)   #62
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
If one is correctly attired of a normal day, one doesn't need to dress up!

I'm popping over at lunch today ( HRDC) and tomorrow is a MM test day . . . .
Old 4 Mar 2020, 13:21 (Ref:3961515)   #63
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Just dropped in, same old, a few things with a new coat of paint to disguise themselves and what I'm fairly sure was a Y type MG, (probably a spaceframed MGB) which didn't quite look right with large black MInilites, but what do I know.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 14:42 (Ref:3961526)   #64
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
If anyone is visiting Goodwood nearer the time it would be really helpful to have an update on car park muddiness. I was glad that I took my winter tyre shod 4x4 Yeti in 2018 but much preferred the journey in my MX5, which I took last year . But I don't want to get stuck as it is hopeless on slippy stuff .

Updates appreciated !
Old 4 Mar 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3961538)   #65
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm due to be at a track day on 21st so will try to post an update.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3961555)   #66
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Updates appreciated !
I'm going to pop over tomorrow for testing as it's local, will report back but basically everywhere is saturated.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3961557)   #67
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Motorsport magazine? Circuit diary is here: https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...circuit-diary/
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:02 (Ref:3961558)   #68
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Motorsport magazine? Circuit diary is here: https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...circuit-diary/
Yup.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3961561)   #69
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Timetable (with spelling mistakes) here - https://www.goodwood.com/motorsport/...dm_t=0,0,0,0,0
Old 4 Mar 2020, 23:01 (Ref:3961640)   #70
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'll be there too.
After a decade of lurking will be nice to place a face to the name!
I did wonder if any other Tenthers might be using the day for MM shakedowns.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 06:57 (Ref:3961687)   #71
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
I'm taking my MGB I'm not running in the MM this year. But will be good to meet up.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 07:52 (Ref:3961693)   #72
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
It's nailing it down in PO19 . . . A hovercraft will lap faster than anything on 4 wheels today.
Old 5 Mar 2020, 09:12 (Ref:3961703)   #73
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
Hmm, same in BN17 and showing no signs of improvement, perhaps I'll give Goodwood a miss today
Old 5 Mar 2020, 11:35 (Ref:3961728)   #74
smokystove
Racer

United States
BERLIN, GERMANY
smokystove should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
I'm taking my MGB I'm not running in the MM this year. But will be good to meet up.
Great I'm looking forward to meeting you Peter.

I'll be there in either a MG ZA or more likely an early Porsche 944.

- Earl
Old 12 Mar 2020, 08:39 (Ref:3963308)   #75
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
Official test day today, will swing by at lunch and see if I can spot anything interesting. . . .HRDC Mon, more MM test next Wed and Thu.