Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 9 Nov 2021, 09:50 (Ref:4082324)   #5251
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
EB, nice snaps, well taken especially given your position, personally I always spend time working on my photos before posting to improve the picture, where possible.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3516.JPG   IMG_3516 (3).JPG  
Old 9 Nov 2021, 10:17 (Ref:4082327)   #5252
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
EB, nice snaps, well taken especially given your position, personally I always spend time working on my photos before posting to improve the picture, where possible.
Thanks Bob..... re the improvements required I dont have the software or more pointedly the skills, although I know some could do with cropping which I could probably manage.

Have you got any special skills that restore the ones that only have half a car in! I got lots of those especially when I started exploring the limits of the zoom! Some I am ashamed to say were just nice scenery jobs where the cars had completely vanished.

I have few more that have cars in frame and in focus! I will add them after dinner.
Old 9 Nov 2021, 11:03 (Ref:4082332)   #5253
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
Thanks Bob..... re the improvements required I dont have the software or more pointedly the skills, although I know some could do with cropping which I could probably manage.

Have you got any special skills that restore the ones that only have half a car in! I got lots of those especially when I started exploring the limits of the zoom! Some I am ashamed to say were just nice scenery jobs where the cars had completely vanished.

I have few more that have cars in frame and in focus! I will add them after dinner.
Show off!
Old 9 Nov 2021, 13:05 (Ref:4082370)   #5254
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Well, E.B. - I enjoyed the variety. Can't remember last time (if ever) I saw a Stag racing
Old 9 Nov 2021, 13:20 (Ref:4082373)   #5255
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes it was nice to see pictures of so many different, including some rarely seen before, so thanks EB
Old 9 Nov 2021, 18:54 (Ref:4082451)   #5256
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So many different cars eh?
Attached Thumbnails
265.JPG   AQOOU.JPG   IMG_1972.jpg  

IMG_2159.jpg   VS 3.JPG   IMG_2446.jpg  

Old 9 Nov 2021, 18:56 (Ref:4082454)   #5257
bauble
Veteran

England
Order! Order!
Attached Thumbnails
BSC 2 (6).JPG   BSC3 (2).JPG   BSC3 (6).JPG  

ABS (2).JPG   BSC3 (3).JPG   BSC3 (4).JPG  

Old 9 Nov 2021, 19:03 (Ref:4082457)   #5258
bauble
Veteran

England
Nice motors John in a?
Attached Thumbnails
Cc (2).JPG   Cc (4).JPG   con2.JPG  

con 4.JPG   con3.JPG   IMG_5859 (1).JPG  

Old 10 Nov 2021, 06:23 (Ref:4082519)   #5259
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Well, E.B. - I enjoyed the variety. Can't remember last time (if ever) I saw a Stag racing
Well, there were two running in that race (MG's and invited UK Sports.)

Pics follow, plus a couple of other cars I like, one the Joe Caleja owned March 73S which runs a BMW M12 motor (not the turbo F1 variant).

Also running was the ex Colin Vandervell Triplex Backed March 73B Atlantic which is now owned locally and a car I rememember watching back in the day in the UK.
Also something you might not see many of in your part of the world an Elfin Mallala Sportscar. Actually I say you might not have seen it, the Elfin Ma;;a;a (name after our local Mallala circuit where it first appeared in I think 1962, was also the very first Australian built Sportscar to appear in Britain. Pictured with a McLaren 6B in the background.
Better chuck in a Touring Car pic as well

Oh and thanks Bob for the tips.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3749 (2).JPG   IMG_3517 (2).JPG   IMG_3583 (2).JPG  

IMG_3595 (2).JPG   IMG_3649 (2) - Copy.JPG   IMG_3717 (2).JPG  

Old 10 Nov 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4082521)   #5260
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Those are great. Good looking cars. Thanks very much!

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 10 Nov 2021, 09:19 (Ref:4082524)   #5261
bauble
Veteran

England
A pleasure EB, a great set of pictures, (Mods, Please rename the thread.)

Typical Midgetman, he always praises your efforts, and is scathing about my pictures, I wonder what I have done to cause such an attitude, probably because I don't have any photos of him Karting.

You wait MM I'll get you at playtime.

PS Max, I'll take my camera and shoot a few cars driving past my house, I am sure you will love them.

Cheers, both.

Baub.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4082527)   #5262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Those are great. Good looking cars. Thanks very much!
I love this March, never seen any before, here. Thanks.
Old 10 Nov 2021, 13:01 (Ref:4082577)   #5263
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Love that shot of the Morgan v Bentley, Bauble
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:07 (Ref:4082603)   #5264
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Love that shot of the Morgan v Bentley, Bauble
That deserves something;
Attached Thumbnails
alfa 1.JPG   alfa 2.jpg   alfa 3.jpg  

alfa 4.JPG   alfa 6.JPG   alfa 10.jpg  

Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:12 (Ref:4082605)   #5265
bauble
Veteran

England
A dull day here in Luton;
Attached Thumbnails
272.JPG   266.JPG   286.JPG  

IMG_3879.jpg   VS 1.JPG   IMG_9941.JPG  

Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4082607)   #5266
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
Love the #69 car... is that a Giulietta SZ?
Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:27 (Ref:4082610)   #5267
bauble
Veteran

England
You are not alone;
Attached Thumbnails
ab1.JPG   ab2.JPG   ab3.JPG  

ab4.JPG   ab7.JPG   ab6.JPG  

Old 10 Nov 2021, 15:28 (Ref:4082611)   #5268
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Yep, SZ Sprint Zagato. My favorite remains the TZ. What a look!
Old 10 Nov 2021, 23:01 (Ref:4082699)   #5269
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Thanks for the Alfas, Bauble I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but this beholder is happy!
Old 11 Nov 2021, 10:51 (Ref:4082747)   #5270
bauble
Veteran

England
Today's offerings No1;
Attached Thumbnails
1361.JPG   A puz.JPG   Afc 1.jpg  

asc1.jpg   AQOO.JPG   BSC 2 (1).JPG  

Old 11 Nov 2021, 10:54 (Ref:4082748)   #5271
bauble
Veteran

England
No 2;
Attached Thumbnails
aus1.JPG   BSC 2 (3).JPG   BSC 2 (4).JPG  

BSC3 (5).JPG   Cc (3).JPG   Cc (5).JPG  

Old 11 Nov 2021, 10:58 (Ref:4082749)   #5272
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Yep, SZ Sprint Zagato. My favorite remains the TZ. What a look!
Post 5264 ..... yes, it is James Wiseman's red round-tail Alfa SZ, now sold and living modestly in Hampshire.

And the blue Giulietta Sprint was being raced by freelance Flight Engineer Peter Shaw.
Heroes all !
Nick
Old 11 Nov 2021, 11:13 (Ref:4082750)   #5273
bauble
Veteran

England
A bonus for an impish bloke;
Attached Thumbnails
im 1.jpg   im 2.JPG   im 4 (2).JPG  

im 4.JPG   IMG_2140.jpg   IMG_2144.jpg  

Old 11 Nov 2021, 15:02 (Ref:4082789)   #5274
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Impish or Chamoisish, whatever, very good looking little cars. A shame we had so few here.
Old 11 Nov 2021, 15:47 (Ref:4082794)   #5275
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Impish or Chamoisish, whatever, very good looking little cars. A shame we had so few here.

Having been the very happy owner of a brand new road-going Imp in 1966, I can tell you that they were an absolute joy to drive. And when being pushed hard, they would waggle a front wheel in the air with abandon.

Part exchanged for a new Escort GT in '69, which was even more fun and a little quicker to boot.