Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:54 (Ref:3969802)   #1
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is Vettel's career over?

I'm not really a Vettel fan, even though I like him really much, I just always prefered Alonso, Button and last but not least Kimi, but there's lots of hatred and propaganda against him, and I honestly would say that in a Mercedes he'd give Lewis headaches, but it looks like Ferrari and him will have to go seperate ways at the end of the season.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:58 (Ref:3969804)   #2
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
I'm not really a Vettel fan, even though I like him really much, I just always prefered Alonso, Button and last but not least Kimi, but there's lots of hatred and propaganda against him, and I honestly would say that in a Mercedes he'd give Lewis headaches, but it looks like Ferrari and him will have to go seperate ways at the end of the season.
Is there any story behind the suggestion they will be parting ways, or is it just a thought for discussion?
Old 10 Apr 2020, 14:59 (Ref:3969805)   #3
LW97
Rookie

LW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLW97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Is there any story behind the suggestion they will be parting ways, or is it just a thought for discussion?
There are many. It should be obvious that Ferrari are crap now. I wonder how Lewis would do in a Ferrari. If anyone can save them, then Charles.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:01 (Ref:3969827)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Be fair to Vettel, compared to last season hes making fewer mistakes. Oh hang on a minute....
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:12 (Ref:3969830)   #5
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Be fair to Vettel, compared to last season hes making fewer mistakes. Oh hang on a minute....
I'd love to see Hamilton in a Ferrari, and I'm not the only one.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 16:45 (Ref:3969846)   #6
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
He'd be certifiable if he went to Ferrari. I don't think there's much hatred and certainly not a lot of 'propaganda'. Unfortunately Sebastien has shown himself to be fallible in recent times. But I think we've been here before.

Now 96 and still counting (hopefully.....)
Old 10 Apr 2020, 17:54 (Ref:3969866)   #7
LW97
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
He'd be certifiable if he went to Ferrari. I don't think there's much hatred and certainly not a lot of 'propaganda'. Unfortunately Sebastien has shown himself to be fallible in recent times. But I think we've been here before.
If I was him, I would move to McLaren. They experienced their best post-2012 season and I think with a Mercedes engine they can close the gap to the three top teams.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 19:40 (Ref:3969894)   #8
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ironically, if Leclerc continues to beat him regularly, Vettel may be around for a while, as a solid rear gunner for Ferrari. That's if he can accept that.

Re: Hamilton, with him being close to the cusp of becoming the most successful driver in championships, I would doubt that he would feel proving himself to those who feel he hasn't already would be attractive, all the more so because we look to be losing this year.
Old 10 Apr 2020, 21:33 (Ref:3969912)   #9
LW97
Rookie

Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Ironically, if Leclerc continues to beat him regularly, Vettel may be around for a while, as a solid rear gunner for Ferrari. That's if he can accept that.

Re: Hamilton, with him being close to the cusp of becoming the most successful driver in championships, I would doubt that he would feel proving himself to those who feel he hasn't already would be attractive, all the more so because we look to be losing this year.
Typical.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 04:55 (Ref:3969959)   #10
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Typical what? Typically reasonable opinion?
Old 11 Apr 2020, 05:36 (Ref:3969964)   #11
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Prolific new posters intrigue me.
Old 11 Apr 2020, 06:33 (Ref:3969970)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!E.B has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
Especially those with an apparent agenda
Old 11 Apr 2020, 07:49 (Ref:3969979)   #13
crmalcolm
Veteran

Ireland
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skam85 View Post
There have been some bold claims so far:

All cars except for Mercedes are crap.
Drivers in crap cars should be dropped.
Drivers in good cars should move to crap cars.
The majority of the paddock is Xenophobic.

I'm interested to see where we go with these?
Old 11 Apr 2020, 09:16 (Ref:3970000)   #14
Aysedasi
Just waiting.....
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LW97 View Post
If I was him, I would move to McLaren. They experienced their best post-2012 season and I think with a Mercedes engine they can close the gap to the three top teams.
The question is -'Why move?' Isn't it? What on earth would he stand to gain by moving anywhere?

And the one thing that is 'typical' is that the driver in the best car is not going to want to move anywhere else..... and why should he? To give someone else 'a turn'?

Now 96 and still counting (hopefully.....)
Old 11 Apr 2020, 09:23 (Ref:3970003)   #15
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Don't just pick on Vettel, all the drivers will have their careers affected by this pause of racing and if it goes on long term their will be major changes before racing resumes in what ever form it is in when that happens. I made a prediction maybe a year or more past that it is quite possible Verstappen won't win a WDC title before he retires and this pause is making that prediction look even better at the moment.