Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 20 May 2020, 01:14 (Ref:3977242)   #16
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Saying you want a winning car and being self-entitled aren't necessarily the same thing.

Hey maybe he is, but I suspect he's got a pretty good take on where his standing is at the moment.
Old 20 May 2020, 01:30 (Ref:3977243)   #17
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
he's a bit "goldilocks" for my liking, but it'd be good for the sport if he did come back, and enstone is absolutely the place you go when you're returning from a sabbatical.

we will be starting a "will fernando make it to the end of the season without throwing a massive strop" poll though
Old 20 May 2020, 01:38 (Ref:3977246)   #18
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I’ll be disappointed if he does get to the end Of the season without a strop.
Old 20 May 2020, 02:40 (Ref:3977248)   #19
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i’ll be surprised if he goes the full season without losing his mind at ocon about something totally irrelevant too
Old 20 May 2020, 06:11 (Ref:3977259)   #20
Skam85
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Skam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSkam85 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Saying you want a winning car and being self-entitled aren't necessarily the same thing.

Hey maybe he is, but I suspect he's got a pretty good take on where his standing is at the moment.
And someone of Alonso's stature within the sport as a multiple WDC can absolutely state his desire for a winning car or bust.

Someone else of say, Hulkenberg's ilk.. not so much.

Therein lies the difference between self-entitlement and not.
Old 20 May 2020, 11:08 (Ref:3977302)   #21
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bummer, it looks like a deal is close to done, Liberty want him for the fan base he has and you can't blame them for that. I want seats at the first fight he has with Cyril, they both deserve each other. I suspect Alonso does not suffer fools well so it ought to be awesome year(s). I wonder if they will side line DR and he won't drive again for Renault, pay him out and give him the sand shoe out the door so to speak. It would be the sensible thing to do.
Old 20 May 2020, 11:16 (Ref:3977304)   #22
VIVA GT
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
If Alonso does end up going to Renault, never mind a single episode, I think Netflix will be able to devote a whole series to the fireworks! It'll make fascinating viewing!
Old 20 May 2020, 18:44 (Ref:3977388)   #23
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!BertMk2 is going for a new lap record!
All of this does of course assume that Renault are still around in 2021.
Old 20 May 2020, 18:56 (Ref:3977391)   #24
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
All of this does of course assume that Renault are still around in 2021.

Thats just one name,remind us who is guaranteed to be around in 2021?
Old 20 May 2020, 19:26 (Ref:3977393)   #25
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
It will be tough times, but most should survive. I am sure there will be enough teams on the grid next season, although there is a chance a team wonít make it
Old 20 May 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3977396)   #26
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So which ones are most at risk then?
Old 20 May 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3977398)   #27
uesugi kenshin
Rookie

uesugi kenshin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't for the life of me see why Renault are involved in F1, spend huge sums of money and achieve nothing of note. Will be interesting to see what they do when they have the financial data from the second quarter of this year. They might just follow Haas, Alfa Romeo and Honda out of the door.
Old 20 May 2020, 19:33 (Ref:3977399)   #28
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!S griffin is going for a new lap record!
Thatís the thing, it could be any team, even someone like Red Bull. And we know Williams, while they will use whatever means to survive, have an uncertain future. Hope they can make it through
Old 20 May 2020, 21:46 (Ref:3977423)   #29
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by uesugi kenshin View Post
I can't for the life of me see why Renault are involved in F1, spend huge sums of money and achieve nothing of note.
Being as Cyril is married in, they’d have to find him a job in Renault itself if they folded the team. Probably much cheaper to keep the F1 team going.
Old 20 May 2020, 21:54 (Ref:3977427)   #30
Greem
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGreem will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by uesugi kenshin View Post
I can't for the life of me see why Renault are involved in F1, spend huge sums of money and achieve nothing of note. Will be interesting to see what they do when they have the financial data from the second quarter of this year. They might just follow Haas, Alfa Romeo and Honda out of the door.
They bring loads of people, like every other team, to the Paddock Club and corporate hospitality. Us mere mortals will never really have a full grasp of the billions of pounds of deals that have been done there.

Bernie was truly terribly clever.