Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Sep 2021, 09:15 (Ref:4074330)   #1
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HSCC Mallory Park

After a number of years the HSCC are back @ Mallory this weekend, with
a two day meeting which surprisingly has only 8 'Sports Car' races and 10 other - 8 single seater + 2 Clubmen. The entry list isn't particularly big either (8 Mallocks), which was reflected in Thursdays Test Day which in the Tin Tops had as many 'outsiders' as HSCC cars.
The Lotus Cortina of Mike Gardiner, Mike Stephenson's Datsun along with Geoff Mackrill's Triumph Vitesse & Martin Rumbles Elan were shown a fair pair of heels in the morning by Joss Ronchetti in his Lotus Sunbeam. Other 'non' cars out were a quick Vauxhall Chevette Rally Car, a white modern shape MX5, Honda Civic Type R, and a Clio.
After lunch Mike Stephenson was out again this time in his Lotus Cortina.

Local favourite Simon Hadfield was out all day with the Formula Fords, but the star for me was Michael Scott's Parmalat liveried Brabham BT28 Historic F3 car, who was having fun with Paul Booth in his BT21.
Among the Formula Ford 1600s were examples from Van Dieman, Elden, Merlyn, Lotus, with Van Dieman, Reynard & Royale 2 litres out.
The only 'incident' of the day if you call it that, was Molly Dodd's Royale RP27 coming off on the outside of Gerards.
Let's hope Saturday sees some good racing
Old 17 Sep 2021, 22:26 (Ref:4074399)   #2
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Entry is thin but will enjoy wandering around and taking a few pictures over the weekend.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 08:04 (Ref:4074449)   #3
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Gutted to miss this event. Great shame clashed with Goodwood. Have fun.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 09:08 (Ref:4074454)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Impressed with the work that has been done from the hairpin down to the start line for spectators. Very nice.
Old 18 Sep 2021, 18:07 (Ref:4074502)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fraid to say that the day was less than impressive. A 9-35 start, an hour for lunch and on the way home @ 4-30! Grids were very thin - 10 cars in the 1st Historic Roadsports race & 9 in the 2nd, after Mike Foley's Sunbeam Alpine went bang in the middle of Gerards in the 1st race.
10 Classic Formula Fords started their 1st race & only 8 the second.
The most action was seen in the Historic Ford 2000 which started with a midfield spin from Oliver Sirrell @ Gerards which caused the field to scatter far and wide, when the dust had settled all the cars who had taken up Rally Cross rejoined the circuit and the battle between Poleman Ben Simms & Murray Shepherd got better & better before Ben's Reynard SF77 pulled of at the exit of Gerards. The action continued at Gerards when Oliver Sirrell's Reynard SF78 lost his nearside rear wheel which cleared the armco and went through the security fencing into the field behind the Marshals Post. Fortunately no people or cars were close to the projectile.
Final gripe - no progamme.
Hopefully tomorrow will be more entertaining, although I shall be officiating elsewhere.
Old 19 Sep 2021, 20:02 (Ref:4074705)   #6
brands
Veteran

Some entertainment but also some very dull races.
The day wasn't helped by heavy rain which caused a red flag and an 80 minute delay.I assume for the track being unsafe with standing and running water.
In the afternoon it was back to blue skies and very warm sunshine.

Love the improved speccy areas and will return soon.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4074756)   #7
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Historic FF2000 Race 1. Amazingly, just one bent radiator and two damaged nosecones.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 07:44 (Ref:4074757)   #8
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...and from in-car

http://www.historicff2000.co.uk/MalloryVideo.mp4
Old 20 Sep 2021, 08:50 (Ref:4074766)   #9
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post

Historic FF2000 Race 1. Amazingly, just one bent radiator and two damaged nosecones.
That put a big smile on my face, absolutely hilarious.

Made my morning Alan, Ta!

Bob.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 09:30 (Ref:4074772)   #10
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
Great picture, I was the Observer @ Post 3 where this happened and guess what? I didn't get all the numbers!
Old 20 Sep 2021, 10:39 (Ref:4074776)   #11
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Great picture, I was the Observer @ Post 3 where this happened and guess what? I didn't get all the numbers!

Dave, you were lucky that you weren't the Obs at the chicane at Croft yesterday; you would have run out of ink! The BTCC boys and girl were pretty well behaved at that point, but so many of the guys in the other races were really trying to take things to lines to the absolute limit there that they were hitting the tyre stacks at entry and in the middle with no regard for the consequences leading to some very damaged cars.
Old 20 Sep 2021, 10:56 (Ref:4074782)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bit of a "Code Brown" there for some I would imagine..
Old 20 Sep 2021, 11:19 (Ref:4074789)   #13
ralt-racer
Racer

ralt-racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to be back at Mallory, shame it was not well-supported hope we can go back next year but that seems unlikely!

After a fuel starvation issue in race one , I started 18th in the second one and won my class and finished second on track was great fun!!

Here is a poor video of a video that youtube has dumbed down even further!! listen for my son Leo who also waives toward the end of the first lap I think I passed around 10 cars on the first lap too and took the lap record which I was very pleased with!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLyNs3k_GHw

Benn
Old 21 Sep 2021, 20:08 (Ref:4074962)   #14
brands
Veteran

A batch from the weekend:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0417.jpg   IMG_0628.jpg   IMG_0751.jpg  

IMG_0953.jpg   IMG_1037.jpg   IMG_1221.jpg