Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 14 Mar 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3378600)   #51
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well so far the tv picture is useless but it is good to hear Greg Creamer's commentary.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 14:33 (Ref:3378607)   #52
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
Well so far the tv picture is useless but it is good to hear Greg Creamer's commentary.
It has started working better for me now, but watching cars scream by on the front straight is hard to follow. Greg is good to hear for sure.

Edit: if you switch to camera 2 or 3 you don't get commentary but get to hear the sounds instead, quite nice.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3378609)   #53
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
That is what I saw on the schedule too. Hopefully there is a good camera angle. They are also going to broadcast practice this morning.
Maybe I didn't understand something. Does this site stream only non televised events or they stream also tuscc races and nascar sprint cup and nationwide races?
Why you speak about camera angles? They use static cameras?
I thought they would have showed the events like TV does
Old 14 Mar 2014, 14:50 (Ref:3378610)   #54
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Maybe I didn't understand something. Does this site stream only non televised events or they stream also tuscc races and nascar sprint cup and nationwide races?
Why you speak about camera angles? They use static cameras?
I thought they would have showed the events like TV does
I'm not sure what the plan is for the stream for the remaining schedule, but for the practice this morning and for qualifying this afternoon they have 3 static cameras with the track commentary playing for audio. It is nice to have when there are no other options.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 15:37 (Ref:3378625)   #55
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I'm not sure what the plan is for the stream for the remaining schedule, but for the practice this morning and for qualifying this afternoon they have 3 static cameras with the track commentary playing for audio. It is nice to have when there are no other options.

Lets hope that it does evolve into something more than three fixed cameras aimed at the start/finish line. It is better than nothing at this point, just.

L.P.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3378642)   #56
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intimidator View Post
Fanschoice.tv says they will show tuscc qualifying according to their schedule. Am I wrong?
Not "at all" then, but for sure no real tv-like broadcasting. Says so somewhere on the imsa.com FAQ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disraeli Eers View Post
Will there be any way to "record" the final couple hours?

I won't be able to watch after 8pm and would like to catch it in the morning. I wonder if the stream can be paused for that long.
In theory, but a network problem is bound to happen at some point...

Downloading the stream directly via the direct VLC links might work better, but even then it might disconnect at some point for variety of reasons.

Aren't imsa.com archiving all races?
Old 14 Mar 2014, 17:09 (Ref:3378649)   #57
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
SEBRING RACE IS ON NOW

Non-Geo blocked stream and with no commercial breaks

http://www.imsa.com/camera/sportscar...live-broadcast

Last edited by Nick Woodbury; 14 Mar 2014 at 17:29.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 17:14 (Ref:3378650)   #58
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Will there be any way to "record" the final couple hours?

I won't be able to watch after 8pm and would like to catch it in the morning. I wonder if the stream can be paused for that long.

Down load a free program from somewhere...

http://download.cnet.com/1770-20_4-0...censeType=Free

L.P.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 17:30 (Ref:3378653)   #59
Intimidator
Rookie

Italy
Intimidator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
Aren't imsa.com archiving all races?
Yes they are
Old 14 Mar 2014, 17:36 (Ref:3378655)   #60
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
good to see the Conti race - thanks for the link. I much prefer the relaxed style of commentary that they employ on the stream when the TV cameras are on a break, seems much more useful and opinionated, much more like fans.

Damn, didn't realise it was now only a 4 hour time difference; means I'm going to be able to watch one less hour of the race proper!

Last edited by Rodger Davies; 14 Mar 2014 at 17:45.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 18:43 (Ref:3378678)   #61
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
If they have not, then this playlist for VLC (racefeed + onboards from Daytona) should still work too:

http://ge.tt/4E52dDQ1
Works now for the Continental race, so pretty good chance it will work for the race too.

Last year the direct links to the streams (not these, but similar ones) did not change once during the season.

Last edited by deggis; 14 Mar 2014 at 18:51.
Old 14 Mar 2014, 19:14 (Ref:3378687)   #62
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just turned on the CTSC stream and see a bad accident has happened. I hope the driver is ok.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 13:47 (Ref:3378972)   #63
Dyson Mazda
Veteran

United States
Charlotte, NC
Dyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDyson Mazda should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Are there any streaming links for Sebring out there? That hidden website feed for Daytona was money.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3378983)   #64
deggis
Veteran

Finland
a) http://multimedia.netstorage.imsa.co.../index800.html

b) playlist file for VLC including the onboards: http://ge.tt/4E52dDQ1

Whether these work in US until the streaming officially moves from Fox, I don't know.

Last edited by deggis; 15 Mar 2014 at 14:12.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 14:12 (Ref:3378988)   #65
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

b) http://ge.tt/4E52dDQ1 (open in VLC)

Whether these work in US until the streaming officially moves from Fox, I don't know.
Anyone know if there's a way to save that stream to a file in VLC?
Old 15 Mar 2014, 14:38 (Ref:3379012)   #66
deggis
Veteran

Finland
Quote:
Anyone know if there's a way to save that stream to a file in VLC?
* tools > preferences > show settings: all > input/codecs > "record directory or filename", e.g. C:\folder, save

* while the stream is playing, view > advanced controls > red rec button appears at the bottom (shortcut: Shift+R)

If you don't set the directory, then the files should go to C:\Users\<user>\Documents in Win7.

Last edited by deggis; 15 Mar 2014 at 14:47.
Old 15 Mar 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3379025)   #67
Disraeli Eers
Racer

United States
Parkersburg, WV
Disraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDisraeli Eers should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
* tools > preferences > show settings: all > input/codecs > "record directory or filename", put whatever you want in C:\folder format (couldn't figure out what's the default directory) > save

* while the stream is playing, view > advanced controls > red rec button appears at the bottom (shortcut: Shift+R)

If you don't set the directory, then the files should go to C:\Users\<user>\Documents in Win7.
Dude....thank you so much. I'll now get to see the end of the race tomorrow morning!
Old 15 Mar 2014, 15:07 (Ref:3379075)   #68
hillickx
Rookie

United States
MD, USA
hillickx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

b) playlist file for VLC including the onboards: http://ge.tt/4E52dDQ1

It's now saying its not available until 1pm
Old 15 Mar 2014, 17:06 (Ref:3379205)   #69
Nick Woodbury
Veteran

United States
New England
Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!Nick Woodbury is going for a new world record!
Perfect quality stream on IMSA.com right now. Commercial free, enjoy.

Also, the option of multiple on boards, and I mean ALOT.

http://www.imsa.com/camera/united-sp...live-broadcast
Old 16 Mar 2014, 05:12 (Ref:3380282)   #70
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Did anyone else listen to the MRN broadcast?
I couldn't believe how much better it was compared to the Daytona fiasco.
They added Greg Creamer as well as Ryan Eversely, but also the regular MRN guys were so much improved!
They really must have done a lot of homework.
Great job guys.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 07:50 (Ref:3380377)   #71
1969MGCGTdriver
Racer

United States
Orlando, FL, USA
1969MGCGTdriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I swear I saw Hindy at the track on Friday wearing a Mazda shirt. Was he there?
Old 16 Mar 2014, 08:27 (Ref:3380412)   #72
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the coverage was quite good. The commentators were a lot better now.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3380454)   #73
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
The crew that did the stream and Fox broadcast were superb. I've been RLM fans for years, but this was excellent quality, impartial commentary with none of Hindy's excess personal politics and anti-GT3/SRO rants and I found it very entertaining, informative and refreshing.

Tommy Kendall and Justin Bell together play very well in particular but the quality of both the 12 Hour and the Conti race was top notch; more of the streaming please IMSA.

A bit of Trussers wouldn't go amiss though
Old 16 Mar 2014, 10:26 (Ref:3380470)   #74
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Just checked my TV guide and ONE here in Oz are replaying the full race from 1am on Saturday morning. Awesome. It appears they're doing the whole series.
Old 16 Mar 2014, 11:02 (Ref:3380494)   #75
Starfish Primer
Veteran

Spain
A Spaniard in Milton Keynes
Starfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStarfish Primer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The commentary on IMSA feed was really good, i liked them.