Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 11 Oct 2022, 08:29 (Ref:4129845)   #401
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmith View Post
An interesting article about ROKIT - seems like a very dodgy company and its in massive debt.

https://variety.com/2022/biz/news/ro...es-1235398095/

One does have to wonder how much longer they will be sponsoring racing teams.
Got the smell of Rich Energy about it BTCC programme doesn't even get a mention!
Old 11 Oct 2022, 09:03 (Ref:4129853)   #402
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
Got the smell of Rich Energy about it BTCC programme doesn't even get a mention!
It mentioned "niche". That's the BTCC.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 09:36 (Ref:4129859)   #403
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It mentioned "niche". That's the BTCC.
My point exactly When people get wound up by the perceived level of TV coverage it should be remembered
Old 11 Oct 2022, 11:11 (Ref:4129871)   #404
AnnoyedMoose
Racer

AnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAnnoyedMoose should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I would have been more surprised if an article from an American media (Jay Penske owned) company mentioned the BTCC.
Old 11 Oct 2022, 18:55 (Ref:4129941)   #405
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
In non-BTCC news, coronation will be help on Sat 6th May
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-63172425

That's the same weekend that BTCC is at Brands Hatch. Will we see qualifying and Sat support races cancelled, as happened for Diana's funeral, or will the meeting get re-scheduled?
Old 11 Oct 2022, 19:05 (Ref:4129942)   #406
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

That's the same weekend that BTCC is at Brands Hatch. Will we see qualifying and Sat support races cancelled, as happened for Diana's funeral, or will the meeting get re-scheduled?

It's also the FA Cup Final at Wembley! I wonder which event will get the most prominent TV profile?
Old 11 Oct 2022, 19:11 (Ref:4129943)   #407
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
It's also the FA Cup Final at Wembley!
Cup Final is 3rd June. That was the date 'leaked' by the Sun.

Actual date announced by Buck House is 6th May
Old 11 Oct 2022, 19:19 (Ref:4129946)   #408
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post

Early talk is that the entire proceedings will last around an hour. So I would expect the Saturday to be adjusted around the timings. Possibly a 90minute 'break'?
Old 13 Oct 2022, 09:07 (Ref:4130102)   #409
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote from Dan Lloyd -

“I don’t know where I’ll be yet, I’ve just got to pick the right deal for me. I won’t put myself under this financial pressure again next year. I don’t know what that means or where we’ll be, but we’ll see how the next few weeks go."

'I won’t put myself under this financial pressure again next year' - is that in reference to his accident, or he is outstretching himself at Excerl8? Not another one destined for HARD
Old 13 Oct 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4130106)   #410
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
...and Thompson on next year:

'Thompson says this will most likely be via remaining at Team Hard for 2023, and believes there is more pace to unlock from the Cupra.

“There are lots of rumours – the silly season has started extra-early this year,” he said.

“Of course we all know each other [the teams and drivers], but there’s no need to go anywhere else – these guys have given me a top-10 car each weekend."
Old 13 Oct 2022, 10:35 (Ref:4130108)   #411
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Butcher hoping to stay with Speedworks too - https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...n-toyota-seat/
Old 13 Oct 2022, 11:38 (Ref:4130111)   #412
redshoes
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
'I won’t put myself under this financial pressure again next year' - is that in reference to his accident, or he is outstretching himself at Excerl8?
Pretty sure that's s reference to the accident. He was left trying to find almost £100K and only finished the year thanks to Bristol Street Motors stepping in at the last minute.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 18:45 (Ref:4130147)   #413
Pickles
Veteran

Pickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPickles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evantra View Post
Quote from Dan Lloyd -

“I don’t know where I’ll be yet, I’ve just got to pick the right deal for me. I won’t put myself under this financial pressure again next year. I don’t know what that means or where we’ll be, but we’ll see how the next few weeks go."

'I won’t put myself under this financial pressure again next year' - is that in reference to his accident, or he is outstretching himself at Excerl8? Not another one destined for HARD
Possibly hinting that he doesn't want to be getting charged £100k for a £60k damage bill again
Old 13 Oct 2022, 21:44 (Ref:4130159)   #414
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe Exceler8 are one of the dearer teams so that wouldn’t surprise me.
Old 13 Oct 2022, 22:38 (Ref:4130160)   #415
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Going to be interesting to see what Dynamics are doing over the winter. The Honda clearly isn't the package it once was, more because the quality of the opposition has improved than it has got worse - but the FK8 is widely considered to be an inferior package to the FK2. Dynamics has been extremely loyal to Honda, with and without formal works backing. I wonder if the new Civic Type-R could be on the agenda? Not really a lot of other choice Honda wise for UK-based models these days.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:20 (Ref:4130194)   #416
aland
Veteran

Scotland
West Scotland
aland should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
you get what you pay for plus to the team owners it is a business
Old 14 Oct 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4130200)   #417
antnee
Veteran

antnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridantnee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Given they have one of the quickest and most consistent cars, it is no surprise they are asking strong money to drive one.

Are we going to see a potential shift in the pecking order, the likes of Exceler8 seem to have the business model nailed, 4 well turned out cars, own engine development along with 3 good drivers, pulling in some great sponsorship across the board too. Where as Dynamics have been strong over the last 20 years, it was born from Matt starting as a privateer, doing really well and then getting some OEM support. With Matt stepping away along with Honda, it is a radically different operation to 3 years ago - will they be able to turn it around?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4130207)   #418
auroan
Veteran

auroan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by antnee View Post
Given they have one of the quickest and most consistent cars, it is no surprise they are asking strong money to drive one.

Are we going to see a potential shift in the pecking order, the likes of Exceler8 seem to have the business model nailed, 4 well turned out cars, own engine development along with 3 good drivers, pulling in some great sponsorship across the board too. Where as Dynamics have been strong over the last 20 years, it was born from Matt starting as a privateer, doing really well and then getting some OEM support. With Matt stepping away along with Honda, it is a radically different operation to 3 years ago - will they be able to turn it around?
Matt hasn't stepped away though. He's just not driving. I don't see how him not driving has any reflection in team operation.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:10 (Ref:4130209)   #419
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I doubt we will see Matt back though. He's probably secretly realises his days of racing are over
Old 14 Oct 2022, 09:30 (Ref:4130218)   #420
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Good chance they’ll put their prices up next year now they’re seen by everyone as a top team, not a new team.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4130232)   #421
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2022 TBL Team Car Driver Status Jack Sears
EXCELR8-1Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NIngram Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-2Bristol Street Motors with EXCELR8 TradePriceCars.comHyundai i30 Fastback NChilton Confirmed in press release Inel.
EXCELR8-3Excelr8 Hyundai i30 Fastback NLloyd?Talked about being confident of 2023 drive Inel.
EXCELR8-4Excelr8 Hyundai i30 Fastback N??? ???
Team Dynamics-1     
Team Dynamics-2     
Aiden Moffat-1Laser Tools????Moffat?Infiniti described as being end of life by the teamInel.
Aiden Moffat-2Laser Tools???????Infiniti described as being end of life by the team???
Motorbase-1NAPA Racing???Sutton Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-2NAPA Racing???Cammish Confirmed as 3-year deal in press release, talk of new build carInel.
Motorbase-3     
Motorbase-4     
HARD.-1HARD. Cupra? Taylor-Smith Confirmed as multi-year in press release Inel.
HARD.-2HARD. Cupra?Thompson? Talked about his next year in the car Inel.
HARD.-3     
Speedworks-1Toyota Gazoo Racing UK?Corolla?Butcher?Talked about wanting another year with the teamInel.
Speedworks-2     
WSR-1     
WSR-2     
WSR-3     
Ciceley-1     
Ciceley-2     
PMR-1PMRAstra? Hand Confirmed as multi-year in press release Elig.
PMR-2     
BTC-1     
BTC-2     
BTC-3     
Boardley-1??????Boardley? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
Boardley-2     
TOCA-1     
TOCA-2     
TOCA-3     
???Graves Motorsport????Max Coates? Outlined plans for an entry in 2021Elig.
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???Parker Motorsport?Alfa Giulia????Press release states a planned return after hybrid is introduced???
???MB Motorsport???Hill?Talked about a 2-car entry for 2023Inel.
???MB Motorsport??????Talked about a 2-car entry for 2023???
???Bert Taylor Racing?????? Talked about getting a TBL for 2023 ???
?????????Proctor? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Inel.
?????????Oliphant? Has said he his looking at racing in 2023, in UK or Aus Inel.
?????????Smelt? Has described 2022 as a sabbatical Elig.
???VolvoKiaT.Harvey Rumoured in threads every year, has to be true one day Inel.

As always, if there is more information to be added, or something is incorrect please advise and I will update accordingly.
Likewise - if you have a source confirming an entry (or non-entry) that is much appreciated.

Old 14 Oct 2022, 12:45 (Ref:4130257)   #422
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
you sure are in a hurry !
Old 14 Oct 2022, 16:40 (Ref:4130293)   #423
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Does anyone else think BTC racing may be looking at new cars?

They obviously aren’t happy with how the M sport engine does in the Civic. There are no guarantees it’d be any different next year either.
Old 14 Oct 2022, 16:52 (Ref:4130294)   #424
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Does anyone else think BTC racing may be looking at new cars?

They obviously aren’t happy with how the M sport engine does in the Civic. There are no guarantees it’d be any different next year either.
Mad thought - they could use Honda motors? Is anybody happy with the MSPORT motor?
Old 14 Oct 2022, 17:39 (Ref:4130296)   #425
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorbase's talks with Audi have ended (more info in the article about possible Merc C-Class and time running out and whether to stay with the Focus):

https://www.autosport.com/btcc/news/...kids/10384355/

Jake Hill looks set to stay with WSR (credit to WonderWoman61 from the Autosport forum for posting the original link on there):

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/maidsto...season-274972/

I wonder if WTCR disappearing as a championship will have any impact if the right deal came along for Huff for example.

Last edited by Jon411; 14 Oct 2022 at 17:47.