Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 29 Jul 2008, 08:55 (Ref:2259412)   #26
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
The team are too biased towards Plato, they make too many basic errors with regards to the rules and regs and their reliability record is shocking. They really need a proper racing car preparation squad to take over the team. Northern South just can't hack it.
Two good points, maybe changing the whole thing is the way forward, i.e give the contract to WSR with Turkington and ? in the car, they would also gain the RAC sponsership, Plato is good but after so many years trying is he best placed to really moved it forward further and are Northern South the best team to run the cars?
Old 29 Jul 2008, 08:57 (Ref:2259414)   #27
Icebaby
Veteran

Icebaby should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner
The team-Halfords-drivers are worksdrivers for Honda, since they are not eligible for the independents-trophy. The fact that Honda strangely haven't signed up for the manufacturerschampionship is another thing...
I would have question that comment, works drivers they are not as they both pay for their seats, Honda Uk provide some support but not any notable Involvement in the Dynamics set up unlike Vauxhall/Seat on their cars

Last edited by Icebaby; 29 Jul 2008 at 09:00.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 10:21 (Ref:2262503)   #28
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebaby
Two good points, maybe changing the whole thing is the way forward, i.e give the contract to WSR with Turkington and ? in the car, they would also gain the RAC sponsership, Plato is good but after so many years trying is he best placed to really moved it forward further and are Northern South the best team to run the cars?
GR Asia? They did a great job with Coronel in WTCC. And currently with Adam Jones.
Old 3 Aug 2008, 21:25 (Ref:2262858)   #29
Ed Peters
Racer

Ed Peters should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm
I can see a situation whereby Mike retires at the end of this season, and pools resources to get Andrew a seat with Team Halfords.
AH, not such a silly thought!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes
On the assumption that TD won't run three cars, who does Andrew replace?
Assuming your assumption is right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
maybe Jones to Seat
I will be surprised if Adam is not out again in the BTCC in 2009.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattt
Kane to WSR
No reason for Steven to leave Motorbase that I can see!

Okay, Turkington won a race at Oulton Park, but the Motorbase cars were the fastest BMW's during the races!
Old 9 Aug 2008, 16:23 (Ref:2266391)   #30
Aslak Vind
Veteran

Denmark
Copenhagen
Aslak Vind should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
off topic, for which I appologise:

Do any of you have some onboard videos from the BTCC SEAT Leaon TDi cars?
Old 14 Aug 2008, 02:01 (Ref:2268801)   #31
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry to drag up the thread, I only saw the BTCC races the other night...

Just had to say that Chilton is appalling. He races like he is playing a computer game. Then to blame others for his lack of skill...! I'd like to hear who he blamed for his "late" braking in race 3. Maybe he should pay for the repair bill to the several cars he single-handed damaged. Then he'll realise this isn't "Gran Turismo".

The most dangerous driver Britain has produced.

Turkington showing how to do it once again. Where was Jackson this time?

Fabrizio Giovanardi: I have like a banana - is the yellow car in front - that make me, you know, running like the monkey, running for the banana. When I see yellow in front, I just pushing harder and harder. I want that banana.