Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3167813)   #101
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEALTHY View Post
I never said they were crying? I said that the rules are not being applied evenly, as they should be.
The only fix is to have 28 T.V camera's or 28 officials fixed on the rear wheel during a stop. I don't see this happening.

Currently we have 3 or 4 V8SC officials and 2 T.V camera men running up an down pit lane. They cannot see or film everything.

In the past there used to be a scrutineer assigned to every 2 car pit to monitor pit stops, and report to V8SC personel an observed breach. But in the last 3 years this practice has been stopped by V8SC.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:08 (Ref:3167817)   #102
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are only 14 pit booms.. only need 14 cameras.

Since judges of fact seem to be seen as potentially unreliable in the eyes of the power that be, can the data traces from the electronics help prove this one way or the other after the event?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3167822)   #103
Scrut
Racer

Australia
Australia
Scrut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
There are only 14 pit booms.. only need 14 cameras.

Since judges of fact seem to be seen as potentially unreliable in the eyes of the power that be, can the data traces from the electronics help prove this one way or the other after the event?
Ouch, you got me there.

Yes, the cars run a rear wheel sensor back to the control ECU & data recorder.
Old 18 Nov 2012, 10:40 (Ref:3167828)   #104
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 19 Nov 2012, 02:08 (Ref:3168249)   #105
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
He hadn't even stopped when the safety car was called...
He was stopped when the call was made.

Don't forget what you see and hear aren't always in sync.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 03:13 (Ref:3168262)   #106
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PVDA View Post

Even when they are, they still arent
Old 19 Nov 2012, 04:51 (Ref:3168290)   #107
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:

This is exactly where I was heading with it. There was no confirmation on the telecast in any way that the car had indeed stopped. From how it was shown on the teev, around 10 seconds had elapsed from the moment Mr Moffat struck dramas to the safety car being deployed, yet no visual indication that the #18 car had been parked for any period of time.

From where I was sitting, on the previously-mentioned couch, it appeared as though Mr Schenken sent the safety car out for the sake of giving Thelma and Louise something to do.

Solution? Show the races LIVE from start to finish, not "as live", or a cut and shut of the two. As it is, it's the same old misunderstood crap time and time again.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 05:16 (Ref:3168296)   #108
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
could you not say that the solution is to not make decisions from the arm chair and trust the officals to do the correct thing?

The race was live. but we dont see every camera live and to show a car stopped could mean we are missing something else that is probably much more interesting.

according to the natsoft Lap 14 was 40 seconds slower than his previous lap

In this case i have failed to find any benefit in bringing out the SC for "entertainment purposes". the entertainment in the race would have been much better served by letting the race continue
Old 19 Nov 2012, 06:35 (Ref:3168308)   #109
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
PVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPVDA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
From what I can tell the race was shown live but with delays in digital signals and race traffic what you hear on rebroadcast radio may not be 100% live with what you're seeing.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 11:57 (Ref:3168428)   #110
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Rarity. Mr Whincup gets a drive-thru. (Clutch was engaged while the wheels were in the air in the pits)
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
havent FPR been penalised for it in recent rounds also?
Absolutely 100% SVG and WD both spun their wheels in the GC and were not penalised, not just one time rotation due to gear engaging. No issue with the Whincup penality but surely its got to be applied equally to everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugger All View Post
Can I get odds on a 20- 25point penalty to JW for the W$#$er rule comment????
Laugh! Didn't the crowd roar when he said it?

Simply put though just amazing speed from the 888 cars. They seemed to ride the bumps better than anybody else. Compare for example the 888 cars to the Bright car, anybody else notice how much the #8 was porpoising?
Old 19 Nov 2012, 21:06 (Ref:3168742)   #111
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Absolutely 100% SVG and WD both spun their wheels in the GC and were not penalised, not just one time rotation due to gear engaging. No issue with the Whincup penality but surely its got to be applied equally to everyone.
Larko explained in the commentary why you are incorrect.
Old 19 Nov 2012, 22:06 (Ref:3168775)   #112
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Read my quote. NOT JUST DUE TO GEAR ENGAGING. Both spun the wheels proper but did not get penalised.
Old 20 Nov 2012, 01:16 (Ref:3168856)   #113
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Read my quote. NOT JUST DUE TO GEAR ENGAGING. Both spun the wheels proper but did not get penalised.
No they didnt.

but as i have said previusly its a discusion for the GC thread we dont need to rehash in the Winton thread
Old 20 Nov 2012, 03:19 (Ref:3168885)   #114
bluesport
Veteran

Australia
bluesport User had had their licence endorsedbluesport User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Yes, I remember Larko explaining it.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 10:04 (Ref:3169364)   #115
grange54
Rookie

Australia
Victoria
grange54 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When the call was made for the SC for the #18 car, the race was in its early stages and if the car had stopped for good it could not be left where it stopped. The SC would allow quick recovery (the Winton Racesafe team excell at hot track recoveries, so this would have been quick and simple and have the #18 car in the pits) and return to racing within 2 laps.
Unfortunately if they move off just after the call is made, it cannot be undone. Was it an early call, very difficult to tell.
There is lots going on in Race Control that most do not see. As the call for the SC was made, then it should be taken that the correct call was made.
Old 21 Nov 2012, 10:10 (Ref:3169368)   #116
STEALTHY
Veteran

Australia
SA - The Custom Plate State
STEALTHY should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grange54 View Post
When the call was made for the SC for the #18 car, the race was in its early stages and if the car had stopped for good it could not be left where it stopped. The SC would allow quick recovery (the Winton Racesafe team excell at hot track recoveries, so this would have been quick and simple and have the #18 car in the pits) and return to racing within 2 laps.
Unfortunately if they move off just after the call is made, it cannot be undone. Was it an early call, very difficult to tell.
There is lots going on in Race Control that most do not see. As the call for the SC was made, then it should be taken that the correct call was made.
Its not called the entertainment car for nothing.....

Either you havn't seen a race, or you're TSs lovechild
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:01 (Ref:3170848)   #117
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
From what I can tell the race was shown live but with delays in digital signals and race traffic what you hear on rebroadcast radio may not be 100% live with what you're seeing.
F1 is up to 1 min delay before you see the radio graphics on the teev and what is said comes over the audio, compared to the race vision. Would expect similar in V8s
Old 25 Nov 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3170857)   #118
PVDA
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Quote:
Either you havn't seen a race, or you're TSs lovechild
I know Grange very well and agree with his comments on this one.

Simply an early call was made and they got bitten, if Moff had stayed put it woul've been a quick and simple recovery but he took off just as the call was made and once you light the fuse you can put it out unfortunately