Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 28 Jun 2020, 14:48 (Ref:3984347)   #646
Adam43
14th
20KPINAL

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Itís a bit daft as it is the race meetings that never was, but itís something to decorate the basement.
Attached Thumbnails
4869DBDF-1AD9-409F-8632-DD363701209A.jpeg  
Old 28 Jun 2020, 15:36 (Ref:3984350)   #647
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Think that means you get to keep it forever as the oddity
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 29 Jun 2020, 17:40 (Ref:3984540)   #648
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mazda has been busy moving shop during the pandemic. Joest is officially done and multmatic has taken control.

https://racer.com/2020/06/29/same-co...a-motorsports/
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:31 (Ref:3984748)   #649
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Even in the S365 podcast that came out today (Tues June 30), John and Ryan are not convinced about the Laguna Seca race coming together. The change in schedule served multiple purposes including buying the Laguna staff some time to get their act together. I still stand by my suggestion to keep the GT's and protos apart at V.I.R if by chance DPI/LMP2 is moved there due to something like Laguna falling through.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 15:38 (Ref:3984750)   #650
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebroadrun96 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Plus it gives them 2 races on the card. I just can see prototype guys getting aggressive in the tight bits and cars off. Rather have 2 cleaner races than 1 combined yellowfest.
It was fun while it lasted, have enjoyed the people I've met but the measuring contests and arguments over who's more insider and who's smarter has just made it not worth the effort any longer. It should be fun, not work and it's just work to find actual information.
Old 30 Jun 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3984787)   #651
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
Very short in details, but a "limited number of local fans" will be allowed to attend the upcoming Sebring race:
https://www.imsa.com/news/2020/06/26...ix-of-sebring/
Old 30 Jun 2020, 20:17 (Ref:3984809)   #652
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Very short in details, but a "limited number of local fans" will be allowed to attend the upcoming Sebring race:
https://www.imsa.com/news/2020/06/26...ix-of-sebring/
Sebring in Mid July; gonna be warm! I've gotten a little heat exhaustion there in March...

Quote:
said Wayne Estes, president and general manager of the Raceway. "These events will be for true race fans, not necessarily those who are attracted to the social aspects that helped make Sebring famous. Attendees will be expected to demonstrate to government officials that they can watch a sporting event responsibly so that opportunities may be expanded in the future."
You got to be committed to the race; no sane person wants to socialize at an airport in middle FLA in July!!
Old 30 Jun 2020, 21:13 (Ref:3984818)   #653
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMaskedRacer should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The S365 podcast also discussed the prospects of GTD Pro a little bit more. Mr. Dagys I think hinted something close to what I've been saying. You could allow GT3 cars to run in the current GTLM I think. With the BMW M6 from R.L.L. in 2017 as the precedent. If you take a current GTD car. Remove some of the BoP restrictions to limit the horsepower, give it the GTLM confidential tire, have all pro drivers. And I think you are in a range that you can work with already. I hope this could entice Bentley to come in perhaps. As they are re-evaluating their program now. Any of the current IMSA GTD makes of course as well.
Old 1 Jul 2020, 15:45 (Ref:3984925)   #654
Mike Hedlund
Veteran

United States
Redwood City, CA
Mike Hedlund should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Hedlund should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMike Hedlund should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
If you take a current GTD car. Remove some of the BoP restrictions to limit the horsepower, give it the GTLM confidential tire, have all pro drivers. And I think you are in a range that you can work with already. I hope this could entice Bentley to come in perhaps. As they are re-evaluating their program now. Any of the current IMSA GTD makes of course as well.
Sorry, that won't work. Not all the cars have the same speed/pace potential if you simply remove the BoP. Take the Porsche GT3R for example -- if you take the restrictor out, it gains a tiny amount of power, but not enough to make it worthwhile. If you take the restrictor out of any of the turbo V8's or the Audi it's massively faster. Also, the confidential Michelins are *designed* for the GTLM cars they're used on. You can't simply slap them on a GT3 car and be as quick as GTLM. Granted, they'll still be faster than customer tires, but not fast enough to necessarily justify the cost -- they'll also be vastly better for some chassis than others because they've been developed with such a narrow operating window.

It wouldn't surprise me if IMSA were to do something like modify GT3 cars to replace GTLM because they like to be different and have people spend more money than needed, but it's not a good idea. They should just have real Pro lineups in standard GT3 cars and call it GT and have *real* Am's (maybe w/ a Pro co-driver) in GTD w/ the same standard GT3 cars.

But anyway, what do I know. They've never listened to me before why would they start now.

-mike
Old 1 Jul 2020, 16:32 (Ref:3984936)   #655
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!chernaudi has a real shot at the podium!
Would IMSA then follow what the ACO are doing with GTE Pro vs Am where the cars are basically the same, aside from BOP and such to try and somewhat separate the classes (though I believe that GTE Am cars also have to be at least a model year/season spec behind the Pro cars)?