Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 15 Jun 2008, 13:17 (Ref:2229371)   #1
Crossflow
Rookie

Crossflow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
cadwell park

Is there any news from cadwell yet as i can't find any results on the net
Old 15 Jun 2008, 21:20 (Ref:2229695)   #2
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Graham Carroll won both Post '89 races. Barrable, Grady and Benson completed the top four in race one, with Barrable being behind the latter two in race two. Neil Patten unfortunately rolled at Charlies in the second race (which was abandoned after two stoppages and a result declared on two laps), so we wish him well.

Ian Parkington had a couple of wins in Pre '90, but it was a bad weekend for frontrunners Crosbie and Thompson, who mustered one lowly finish from two races between them.
Old 15 Jun 2008, 23:37 (Ref:2229771)   #3
Crossflow
Rookie

The officals know that there not allowed to declare a result after 2 laps remember a certain mr whelan who proved them wrong at angusely last year and they weren't empressed with him because he proved them wrong
Old 16 Jun 2008, 08:58 (Ref:2229909)   #4
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
they had no interest in the re-run that should have happened at the end of the programme yesterday
Old 16 Jun 2008, 09:01 (Ref:2229911)   #5
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wasn't that because the curfew had arrived?
Old 16 Jun 2008, 09:05 (Ref:2229914)   #6
JohnMiller
Veteran

JohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJohnMiller should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno, but one of the subsequent races was lengthened, so they could have made time. Not to mention the 20 mins wasted before the restart while they decided who to grid where, while all the drivers were cooking their engines.

Saturday they started the meeting late and a 20 minute race became 13 mins. Yesterday's 20 minute race was shortened to 15 even before the start, which I think was on time.

Are they going to send refund cheques to suit?
Old 16 Jun 2008, 09:51 (Ref:2229938)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

I don't think either of the subsequent races were lengthened - one was cut from 25 minutes to 20 and the other from 20 to 15, and they were still right up on the 6.30pm curfew. I think the Sunday race did start late, rather than on time.

The conditions and a couple of nasty accidents during the weekend didn't help, but I would say that the timetable as planned was too tight and that the raceday organisation was among the poorest I have seen, notwithstanding the shortage of marshals.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 10:23 (Ref:2229960)   #8
Hepatic
Veteran

United Kingdom
Preston-ish
Hepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHepatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnMiller
Saturday they started the meeting late and a 20 minute race became 13 mins. Yesterday's 20 minute race was shortened to 15 even before the start, which I think was on time.
Well if you can come up with any ideas on how to attract more marshals to Cadwell i'm sure they'll be glad to hear them! It was my first time marshalling at Cadwell and i thoroughly enjoyed it. Its 170 miles from home which is why i hadn't been before, but will certainly be back again someday.

There was a call out to the paddock for anyone to volunteer, but we didn't get many takers hence the late start Saturday. To be honest had a few people not come forward you wouldn't have raced at all. Add that to the weather and the need to red nearly everything because we didn't have enough people to move stuff under yellow, and i'm not surprised races were cut short. I hate to see races cut short like that - we're there to enjoy watching the racing just as much as you guys are there to enjoy driving.

We also lost about 20 mins on Sunday with a monster oil slick from mountain to the hairpin left by one of the sports 2000 cars. With only about 8 people to try and clear all that up, it was bound to take a while. I don't think the organisation was all that bad, considering the amount of issues they had to deal with, but doubling the number of marshals would cetainly have helped them. If only we knew a way of doing that, but Cadwell and the commentators are certainly trying!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 10:32 (Ref:2229965)   #9
JohnMiller
Veteran

Yes, I know and agree Hepatic. It's such a mega place, but they always struggle with marshals.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 10:42 (Ref:2229969)   #10
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
750mc always have plenty of Marshals for Cadwell. I guess even marshals get ****ed off with badly organised Clubs so I guess that is a reason they didnt bother to turn up over the weekend.

Spoke to Neil Patten this morning and he is well if not a little stiff. It sounded a monster shunt but at least he is in one piece!!
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:00 (Ref:2229975)   #11
JohnMiller
Veteran

I raced there at least once with 750MC when they switched to the club circuit on the day due to a lack of marshals (a much bigger deficit than this weekend just gone), which was very disappointing.

Last edited by JohnMiller; 16 Jun 2008 at 11:02.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:11 (Ref:2229981)   #12
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
maybe john but I have been to 3 750mc meetings at Cadwell and all been okay for marshals. Maybe it is a sign of the times that with petrol prices as they are marshals are not quite so willing to drive a fair way as they used to be. So places like Cadwell and Anglesey may find it a little harder to fill with Marshals that more local circuits.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 11:55 (Ref:2230012)   #13
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil Patten discharged himself from hospital last night with a bit of of a sore head and stiff neck.
Old 16 Jun 2008, 13:09 (Ref:2230063)   #14
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redracer77
maybe john but I have been to 3 750mc meetings at Cadwell and all been okay for marshals.
I've only done one 750MC meeting at Cadwell; we were OK for marshals, but still well below the level most people would consider desirable. On Saturday they appear to have had a similar situation to a meeting we did there earlier this year, just not enough people to achieve a minimum manning level without bringing in people from the paddock. The problem with running at such low manning levels is that incidents which with 'normal' manning levels would be dealt with under waved yellows have to be red flagged.

Quote:
Maybe it is a sign of the times that with petrol prices as they are marshals are not quite so willing to drive a fair way as they used to be. So places like Cadwell and Anglesey may find it a little harder to fill with Marshals that more local circuits.
Cadwell seems to have always had problems. Trouble is, it can become a vicious spiral. Manning levels are so low that we must face the possibility of a meeting being cancelled; because of that, I suspect people are reluctant to undertake a 200+-mile round trip, which makes it more probable that a meeting may have to be cancelled. Competition from other circuits is another factor - we'd have done Cadwell this weekend if there hadn't been a meeting at Oulton on Saturday; Oulton,in turn was affected by a meeting at Anglesey, which was no doubt struggling for marshals...
Old 16 Jun 2008, 22:46 (Ref:2230464)   #15
Crossflow
Rookie

sounds like a hard weekend for all then.

at least neil patten is alright now
was it a big shunt does anyone know?
Old 17 Jun 2008, 07:24 (Ref:2230588)   #16
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A) Does anyone have a link to the results (can't find on the usual TSL site)
B) Have to agree with RR77 - Cadwell/750 club was really well run/supported - and prob the best meeting of the year for us lot this year. The long track has to be the best in the UK and was the nuts in a F4 to drive. I will certainly go back next year - even if not doing the full F4 programme.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 07:52 (Ref:2230604)   #17
Ian Sowman
Veteran

http://www.smart-timing.co.uk/

There you go...
Old 17 Jun 2008, 08:48 (Ref:2230633)   #18
JNWRF01
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
JNWRF01 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks Ian - see you Sunday
Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:31 (Ref:2230668)   #19
TFHarv
Racer

United Kingdom
Sheffield
TFHarv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cadwell is a great circuit for racing normally but this weekend sent a list of hardships to endure that cannot be blamed on any sole group.

As stated Saturday was delayed because of lack of marshal numbers but when it finally got going they tried to get every race and practice in with as much time as possible given the curfew.

Sunday was just crazy with the thunderstorm. It was far too dangerous to get cars on the grid and racing in the 20 mins delay, visibility was next to none and I dont just mean for drivers I mean for one post seeing the next.

Every post was contacted to ensure they could see the previous and next posts before they were allowed to continue and if it hadn't cleared up with some Stirling brushing and dressing from the low numbers of marshals present then it wouldn't have happened at all.

It was so bad on the startline that they had to leave a flaggy on the gantry to be able to see post 1 the spray was so thick and trying to make out which car or how many cars were racing towards you was almost impossible.

Add to that the fact that races were declared wet and still drivers came onto track on slicks and asked for time to change again which after a resounding no and a pitside vote resulted in a race you can't expect a low manned circuit to be able to make up time that has already been spent. Thankfully the race ran ok if a little slowly for some.

Glad the guy that rolled is ok but besides that nasty incident the rest of the racing was a pleasure to watch and some good close battles took place with only tows and lifts required.

Was a shame about the red flags but what can you do, its the only safe way to run the job.

Don't get why the numbers were so low really though as the grids were all huge but I don't know what the answers are to that question.

Looking forward to the 750 meeting in July hopefully the weather will be better and the numbers up to more acceptable figures making for a smoother and good value weekend.

I know it makes you feel cheated to have races stopped or shortened and believe me when I say the marshals dont enjoy it either but everything possible is done by us to try and make sure you have a full weekend according to the schedule.

And a final word - excellent racing shame about the declared result on sunday as im sure the race would have been equally as good as the 1st race, what on earth does Carroll do that gives him such and edge in an older car he was blisteringly fast
Old 17 Jun 2008, 09:50 (Ref:2230676)   #20
Garry Holmes
Racer

Garry Holmes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Until some(governing)body makes a decision on acceptable manning levels, and how they impact on racing - (yes the cicuits run 52 weeks a year with 1 person per post for testing and track days but they just stop everything when someone goes off) - but racing is racing and we need to be able to keep things going, the FF guys aren't the first to miss out (FRenault had a result declared after 3 Reds at Oulton) and they certainly won't be the last. What choice have you got when it takes someone say 3 minutes to get to a car stranded on the grass in the middle of nowhere with no safe palce to put it even if they could push the car that's so low to the ground it won't move! rant over.
Old 17 Jun 2008, 11:46 (Ref:2230738)   #21
JustinDawkins
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcester - UK
JustinDawkins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does anyone know if there were any photographers there on the day?
Old 17 Jun 2008, 15:59 (Ref:2231215)   #22
AR-CoolC
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincoln
AR-CoolC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There was a chap filming the Fords up near us on post 7 (park corner).

Talking to him he was working for Motor TV who were running some sort of Ford program (I don't have motors TV so not sure of the exact format) filming the Fiesta's XR's and FF's.
Old 29 Jun 2008, 16:57 (Ref:2239794)   #23
kartingdad
Veteran

kartingdad has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Did anyone have a problem collaecting data with a Pi system at Cadwell. Was the beacon working?
Old 30 Jun 2008, 09:20 (Ref:2240308)   #24
sharkie
Rookie

sharkie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
May be as simple as your receiver facing the wrong way, the transmitter is located between the mountain and hall bends so you need it on the left hand side of car
Old 30 Jun 2008, 09:30 (Ref:2240317)   #25
JohnMiller
Veteran

The circuit beacon is at the finish line. They don't turn it on for testing. It worked fine for me on the Saturday and Sunday Andy.