Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:10 (Ref:2523923)   #2776
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No Challenge cars at Mosport because it is too much of an ALMS class. Does this mean we have sub 20 cars entered for one of the best attended rounds in the championship?

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:40 (Ref:2523943)   #2777
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
if we do the math from the past weekend's race, we will have 20.
no one damaged the car too much at RoadAMR did they?
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:48 (Ref:2523949)   #2778
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cytosport won't be at Mosport IIRC. Or at least that is what I read on mariantic.

Also Primetime could be in doubt, and the Robertsons arrived but didn't run last year.

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:52 (Ref:2523955)   #2779
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Cytosport won't be at Mosport IIRC. Or at least that is what I read on mariantic.

Chris
I think you are right as Greg Pickett was quoted as saying that they were taking to car "home" to get it ready for PLM.

DK
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:55 (Ref:2523956)   #2780
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
I think you are right as Greg Pickett was quoted as saying that they were taking to car "home" to get it ready for PLM.

DK
read full on 2009 ACO spec set up for Petit with intentions of going after a Le Mans invite next year! But I could be wrong.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 20:58 (Ref:2523961)   #2781
carsten66
Veteran

Germany
Heidelberg, Germany
carsten66 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any news from Vici? Even their website reports are ending with Lime Rock... strange thing. I hope we will see the no 18 at least at PL back on the grid...

Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:01 (Ref:2523965)   #2782
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post
read full on 2009 ACO spec set up for Petit with intentions of going after a Le Mans invite next year! But I could be wrong.

L.P.
I like that idea!

That got me to thinking that for the equalizing of the P1 and P2 classes next season, it will be slightly different from the 2006-08 rules because of the differences in rear wing width in the ALMS. I would like to see that either put back to the old rear wing widths for all, or the new ones for all, but I know thats going to cost money for somebody.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:06 (Ref:2523969)   #2783
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I like that idea!

That got me to thinking that for the equalizing of the P1 and P2 classes next season, it will be slightly different from the 2006-08 rules because of the differences in rear wing width in the ALMS. I would like to see that either put back to the old rear wing widths for all, or the new ones for all, but I know thats going to cost money for somebody.
Before I say "Thanks for a stupid change ACO!" may I ask if the smaller rear wing has in any way made the cars safer?

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:15 (Ref:2523975)   #2784
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I like that idea!
Well they are likely the only P-2 that will be at ACO spec., so would be the only eligible car in class at Petit.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2523981)   #2785
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Before I say "Thanks for a stupid change ACO!" may I ask if the smaller rear wing has in any way made the cars safer?

Chris
?That is a subjective question that has a very complex answer. Let me ask this, do you think that the change hampered or lessened the gains acheived this year? That was the main goal of the change, which is viewed as a plus in the safty column, by the ACO, I believe.

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:20 (Ref:2523982)   #2786
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Well they are likely the only P-2 that will be at ACO spec., so would be the only eligible car in class at Petit.

L.P.

Very true but my thing would also be now is that would they also be able to get the ALMS champion invite for LeMans as seeing they were the only team to run to ACO spec all year?
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2523988)   #2787
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
?That is a subjective question that has a very complex answer. Let me ask this, do you think that the change hampered or lessened the gains acheived this year? That was the main goal of the change, which is viewed as a plus in the safty column, by the ACO, I believe.

L.P.
Fair enough. Certainly lap times at Le Mans were lessened. But The P1 Acuras are either the quickest cars on the planet, or in the U.S. the smaller wing hasn't taken too much away. My comment really has to do with adding cost to the racing teams. I guess the ALMS teams will have to get the ACO spec wings because they will be required to have them at Sebring and PLM and thus the LMP class will have smaller wings. Regardless, the only downside is in cost.

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:23 (Ref:2523989)   #2788
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Very true but my thing would also be now is that would they also be able to get the ALMS champion invite for LeMans as seeing they were the only team to run to ACO spec all year?

Hmm, well let me ask this; Why do you think that only Sebring and Petit will be run as seperate Prototype classes next year?

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 21:41 (Ref:2524000)   #2789
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Umm, to attract European teams to test for Le Mans, at least for Sebring. And Petit they want to literally be a Petit Le Mans in that it is a world-wide major endurance event on the same level as Le Mans?

Chris
Old 18 Aug 2009, 22:01 (Ref:2524014)   #2790
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Because Petit is an auto qualifier for Le Mans!! If you win/are the highest placing ACO legal car you get an auto-invite!

L.P.
Old 18 Aug 2009, 22:10 (Ref:2524020)   #2791
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Because Petit is an auto qualifier for Le Mans!! If you win/are the highest placing ACO legal car you get an auto-invite!
Which is worth a lot of money, if you isn't going to use it yourself!
Old 18 Aug 2009, 23:23 (Ref:2524040)   #2792
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, the IMSA web-site just posted the Mosport Entry List and it looks quite sparse indeed, just 19 cars. While the Muscle Milk Porsche is not on the P2 list VDS is back; however, Corsa is gone from P1. The usual cast of characters is back for GT2, which should be the highlight of the race. As was discussed earlier, no Challenge cars this round.

DK
Old 19 Aug 2009, 01:08 (Ref:2524075)   #2793
gsmith2424
Veteran

United States
Maiden, North Carolina
gsmith2424 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Umm, to attract European teams to test for Le Mans, at least for Sebring. And Petit they want to literally be a Petit Le Mans in that it is a world-wide major endurance event on the same level as Le Mans?

Chris

What Dawg said for PLM but as far as Sebring goes that is another story. Up to this point Sebring has never been a auto invite event for LeMans. I believe the reason they want to run Sebring at full ACO spec is to get teams here that want to have a good race/test under there belt before LM. They could not do this if it was going to be run to the ALMS rules for LMP cars.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 01:44 (Ref:2524078)   #2794
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But a good run at Sebring in a fully compliant car could earn some points for the team's desire and ability to run at LM later that year. There are always a few teams that need a good show somewhere at Sebring is known as a tough race, and if they run it under the ACO rulebook it gives these teams, US or Euros, a chance to show off.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 01:45 (Ref:2524079)   #2795
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Chris
Tomas Enge, Ask Charouz, ask the Pesca pilot at the Dunlop corners...(brain fade, can't remember his name)

Some will say, yes they are safer becasue they are slower, others will say they are more dangerous because downforce is sacrificed to make up some of the lost laptimes
dh
Old 19 Aug 2009, 06:43 (Ref:2524150)   #2796
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
What Dawg said for PLM but as far as Sebring goes that is another story. Up to this point Sebring has never been a auto invite event for LeMans. I believe the reason they want to run Sebring at full ACO spec is to get teams here that want to have a good race/test under there belt before LM. They could not do this if it was going to be run to the ALMS rules for LMP cars.
Sebring doesn't give auto invites, but certanly does make your chances for getting a Le Mans entry a h*ll of lot better!
I remember one year where WR planned for running at Sebring, to get an invite to LM (unfortunately neither happened)
Old 19 Aug 2009, 12:55 (Ref:2524374)   #2797
prototype
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, Georgia
prototype should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The ACO has published the full entry for Le Mans list the last two years before Sebring. This was done to give the invited teams more time to seek sponsors I believe. The old way was nice when cars would try to run well at Sebring to boost their invite chances to Le Mans.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 15:40 (Ref:2524444)   #2798
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Sebring doesn't give auto invites, but certanly does make your chances for getting a Le Mans entry a h*ll of lot better!
I remember one year where WR planned for running at Sebring, to get an invite to LM (unfortunately neither happened)
I doubt a WR could last a lap without shedding itself to bits on the Sebring surface. You were probably need all the gaffer tape in Florida to keep that things running for 12 hours there.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 15:54 (Ref:2524451)   #2799
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Well, the IMSA web-site just posted the Mosport Entry List and it looks quite sparse indeed, just 19 cars. While the Muscle Milk Porsche is not on the P2 list VDS is back; however, Corsa is gone from P1. The usual cast of characters is back for GT2, which should be the highlight of the race. As was discussed earlier, no Challenge cars this round.

DK
Kind of a bummer that Corsa isn't on the list. The car was suffering from an incurable vibration last I heard. That makes me wonder if the team is going to take the time to try and sort it out through testing, rather than sending the car and its drivers from the frying pan into the fire that is Mosport's fast, tight, dangerous 2.4 miles.

Chris
Old 19 Aug 2009, 17:02 (Ref:2524481)   #2800
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No Challenge cars at Mosport because it is too much of an ALMS class. Does this mean we have sub 20 cars entered for one of the best attended rounds in the championship?

Chris
I didn't know this, but that's a good thing in my mind. I was mulling over the dangers of the challenge cars at Mosport during the RA race.