Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 19 Aug 2009, 17:35 (Ref:2524497)   #2801
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just reading my post, I think I probably meant too much of a danger. Have no idea how that came out. But yeah, lesser car count - negative, lesser danger, let the big dogs race at the dangerous track without the lunacy of certain amateurs - positive.

Chris
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:14 (Ref:2524515)   #2802
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonerz View Post
Kind of a bummer that Corsa isn't on the list. The car was suffering from an incurable vibration last I heard. That makes me wonder if the team is going to take the time to try and sort it out through testing, rather than sending the car and its drivers from the frying pan into the fire that is Mosport's fast, tight, dangerous 2.4 miles.

Chris
There was also some discussion during the last race (Road America) on Speed, that the electric motor was actually not providing any power at all and was actually a drag on the system and they hadn't properly sorted that out either. I'm not sure I got that right, but that could also be part of the problem and they probably want to get everything properly sorted for PLM where any little glitch is enlarged by the length of the race.

DK
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:16 (Ref:2524516)   #2803
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
dxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddxk1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Just reading my post, I think I probably meant too much of a danger. Have no idea how that came out. But yeah, lesser car count - negative, lesser danger, let the big dogs race at the dangerous track without the lunacy of certain amateurs - positive.

Chris
Being this is such a high speed track, I agree that it was a good idea to keep the Challenge cars away. This seems like the kind of track where the Fields have a decent chance to get to the top of the podium with the straight line speed of their Lotus.

DK
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:47 (Ref:2524531)   #2804
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dxk1 View Post
Being this is such a high speed track, I agree that it was a good idea to keep the Challenge cars away. This seems like the kind of track where the Fields have a decent chance to get to the top of the podium with the straight line speed of their Lotus.

DK
I didn't know Intersport ran a Lotus. Interesting.
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:54 (Ref:2524534)   #2805
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Jonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJonerz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
There was also some discussion during the last race (Road America) on Speed, that the electric motor was actually not providing any power at all and was actually a drag on the system and they hadn't properly sorted that out either. I'm not sure I got that right, but that could also be part of the problem and they probably want to get everything properly sorted for PLM where any little glitch is enlarged by the length of the race.

DK
Yeah, I remember the SPEED guys talking about it. Unfortunate.

Chris
Old 19 Aug 2009, 18:59 (Ref:2524542)   #2806
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zurbert82 View Post
I didn't know Intersport ran a Lotus. Interesting.
Ahh, Lola, Lotus, whats the Dif?

DK
Old 19 Aug 2009, 19:09 (Ref:2524546)   #2807
Jonerz
Veteran

United States
Youston
Fortunately I'm able to stream today! Thought I was going to be on the road today, but I'm at home and patiently awaiting the announcement. Will it be more towards 3:30 or will my typing drown out the announcement?

Chris
Old 20 Aug 2009, 04:18 (Ref:2524768)   #2808
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ahh, Lola, Lotus, whats the Dif?

DK
Everybody knows that race cars are just like Barbequers. One or two companies make all the brands, they just stop from time to time on the assembly line and put a different manufacturer's nameplate on the barbeque. So All the Blaze Kings and Charbroils etc come from the same factory. Just different production runs.
Racecars the same way...All cars starting with the letter L are built in a Factory in Lyon and then shipped to the buyer. All A cars are built in Adelaide etc. I know this for a fact because my sister's third cousin on her mother's side(twice removed) was getting a guided tour of a shop that had many different car makes inside. They tried to disguise the process by calling the factory a museum, but my sister's third cousin on her mother's side(twice removed) is no dummy and wasn't fooled.

dh
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:30 (Ref:2524799)   #2809
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Fortunately I'm able to stream today! Thought I was going to be on the road today, but I'm at home and patiently awaiting the announcement. Will it be more towards 3:30 or will my typing drown out the announcement?

Chris
Is this the big announcement?:
http://www.translate.google.dk/trans...2F&sl=fr&tl=en
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:46 (Ref:2524804)   #2810
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsmith2424 View Post
Very true but my thing would also be now is that would they also be able to get the ALMS champion invite for LeMans as seeing they were the only team to run to ACO spec all year?
Sorry I evidently did not understand your question the first time. You can only gain ALMS team championship points if you are a full season entrant! > SSR 4.1 on pg# 66 Here

L.P.
Old 20 Aug 2009, 06:48 (Ref:2524805)   #2811
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Yes, that would be it.

L.P.
Old 22 Aug 2009, 03:46 (Ref:2525860)   #2812
pdxracefan
Racer

United States
Oregon
pdxracefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah, I remember the SPEED guys talking about it. Unfortunate.

Chris
Heard the same thing. Definately have some bugger to work out of it. Can't be good if the brakes are on when your foot's on the loud pedal.
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:11 (Ref:2533444)   #2813
dxk1
Veteran

United States
Annapolis
As I posted in the Rocketsports Jag thread, the ALMS site has an article that implies the Jag will show up at PLM. I'll believe it when I see it but I do hope they are right. The GT2 class will certainly be a highlight of the race. The article is here: http://www.americanlemans.com/index_news.php?n=13720

DK
Old 2 Sep 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2533452)   #2814
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too bad it'll be drowned out by the Audi vs. Peugeot once again.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 01:16 (Ref:2533500)   #2815
davehenrie
Racer

United States
Post Falls Idaho(up in the Skinny part)
davehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddavehenrie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ_N_09 View Post
Too bad it'll be drowned out by the Audi vs. Peugeot once again.
A clash between the two dominant manufacturers in sportscars is a reason for sadness? What about the Acura vs Oreca battle? Or the Mazda vs Green Petrol battle? (wha? since last year, the Mazda's on both sides of the ATlantic have suffered a much larger number of experations than non-turbo engines. AER has pointed especially at the Euro blends but even here in the USA, the harder Team Dyson runs the MZR-R powerplants, the more likely they seem to go POOF! )

Frankly Porsche was given a large advantage early in the ALMS season and only recently has been reigned in, a little too much if I may add. So the mystery surrounding the possible appearance of some car painted green is almost a footnote on what 'could' be one of the more memorable Petites ever.
Old 3 Sep 2009, 19:21 (Ref:2534010)   #2816
AndrewF31
Veteran

Canada
Spain
AndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAndrewF31 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This year's Petit could be even better than last years, which was great already.
Old 5 Sep 2009, 12:17 (Ref:2534887)   #2817
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Certainly could be !!!

...... the Eco Radical should cause quite a stir on the grid . Im looking forward to seeing what it can do . Should be a brilliant car , and 2 decent drivers too .

The bear is suggesting that the LNT Zytek could be another possible addition to the ranks for PLM .
Old 5 Sep 2009, 21:43 (Ref:2535082)   #2818
fjn356
Rookie

fjn356 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have tried to put together a matrix for GT2 that lists car, weight,engine size, valves, restrictor size, tire size and other (such as wing placement) performance variations based on my reading of the IMSA and ACO site data. I have given up trying to understand the IMSA and ACO lingo. Has anyone else successfully done this that would be willing to share the matrix? This would come in very handy for PLM and the provider would be showered with gratitude. Well, on this forum, maybe disputes is a more accurate word than gratitude.

If not, I will give it another shot and post it for my betters to correct.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 15:22 (Ref:2537108)   #2819
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
There was a new IMSA performance bulletin last week. In P1 the Ginetta-Zytek 09HS gets a minimum weight of 875kg and a Judd's 5.5L engine gets 2 restrictors at 34.1. I dont' know how this changes what was previously allowed for the Judd, but is the Zytek even close to being under 900kg? I thought the hybrid was a but of extra weight.

Also the Ford GT gets a restrictor change and wing modification.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 15:35 (Ref:2537115)   #2820
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was a new IMSA performance bulletin

Do we know what they actually mean? Larger or smaller restrictor and what rear wing did they use before?

Cheers
Old 9 Sep 2009, 16:49 (Ref:2537157)   #2821
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by pederb View Post
Do we know what they actually mean? Larger or smaller restrictor and what rear wing did they use before?

Cheers

The Doran will be moving up 1 weight class as it pertains to restrictor, more air. But will have to give up the GT-1 wing and run the GT-2 wing and in the GT-2 position, less downforce. As compared to #09-03 Here

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 17:07 (Ref:2537169)   #2822
pederb
Veteran

European Union
Berlin
pederb has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Thank you, once again you answer my questions

Cheers
Old 9 Sep 2009, 17:26 (Ref:2537183)   #2823
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
There was a new IMSA performance bulletin last week. In P1 the Ginetta-Zytek 09HS gets a minimum weight of 875kg and a Judd's 5.5L engine gets 2 restrictors at 34.1. I dont' know how this changes what was previously allowed for the Judd, but is the Zytek even close to being under 900kg? I thought the hybrid was a but of extra weight.

Well the Judd has no previous adjustments that it is running under that I know of, so the change would be from the 'stock' restrictor(s) from the table which were 32.9 for the N/A, more than 2 valve, 5.5L Judd. So up 1.2 x 2 on the restrictor, a bit of air. But probably not out of line to be competitive.

Will the GZ09-SH be running in Hybrid mode? Have they got the Hybrid drive gearing problem resolved? Maybe a contingency for them not being able to utilize the Hybrid drive here?

L.P.
Old 9 Sep 2009, 18:57 (Ref:2537239)   #2824
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG View Post

Will the GZ09-SH be running in Hybrid mode? Have they got the Hybrid drive gearing problem resolved? Maybe a contingency for them not being able to utilize the Hybrid drive here?

L.P.
Does the car have to have all the hybrid bits in it to run legally? I mean if they left out some of them (since it isn't helping performance) and run a traditional setup could they still get the 875 or do they then have a different car and run the normal G-Z weight? I'm sure a G-Z would be much more competitive at a lighter weight!
Old 9 Sep 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2537246)   #2825
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
Priaulx and J. Müller to join BMW RLR at Petit. Here

L.P.