Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Oct 2008, 13:27 (Ref:2312158)   #1
emjaya
Racer

Aland Islands
in a house
emjaya should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Patrizi attacked by sponsor of his team.

Quote:
FORD rising star Michael Patrizi was allegedly violently attacked by a sponsor of his team in a shocking aftermath to Sunday's Bathurst 1000.
Link

Forget the mountain, maybe they need to cut down on the booze in the corparate boxes next year.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 14:45 (Ref:2312213)   #2
FPRXR-6
Racer

FPRXR-6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He headbutted him because he didn't like the way he drove in the race?
Jeez, imagine what he would've done to Skaife if they sponsored HRT. lol
Old 14 Oct 2008, 20:01 (Ref:2312467)   #3
Trevor
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
Trevor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bolldy hell, that is a bit off.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 20:11 (Ref:2312484)   #4
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The chances of that sponsor returning to the FRSR car might be compromised....

Doesnt this company also sponsor an NZ V8 as well?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Oct 2008, 20:12 (Ref:2312487)   #5
B24
Racer

Australia
Glebe, NSW, Australia
B24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL. Now thats passion!!
Old 14 Oct 2008, 20:30 (Ref:2312499)   #6
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
The chances of that sponsor returning to the FRSR car might be compromised....

They do.

A rather inappropriate gesture and certainly something worthy of a lawsuit plus criminal charges.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 22:22 (Ref:2312568)   #7
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
Yes, they sponsor the Richards team of Tony Richards Toyota. Michael Bristow is their driver for memory.

Tex will need to name the director to clear the other directors names.....as part of a large corporate business it could otherwise be detrimental to business.

Patrizi has hardly had a stand-out year, but even so.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 23:08 (Ref:2312591)   #8
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope Mr Patrizi does make a complaint to the police and this nutbag gets locked up for his trouble. Absolutely ludicrous behaviour.
Old 14 Oct 2008, 23:40 (Ref:2312613)   #9
Muznik
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast
Muznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMuznik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
Link

Forget the mountain, maybe they need to cut down on the booze in the corparate boxes next year.
Yep, makes the mob on the hill look rather sedate.
Lucky for Patrizi he didnt have a dildo handy !
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:20 (Ref:2312638)   #10
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
That is disgusting!! The person who assaulted him has been banned from the V8's til the end of 09 but I think the police should get involved.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:42 (Ref:2312645)   #11
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by emjaya
You cant drink in a corporate box until 11am on any day, can only consume what is in the corporate suite, while the servers are restricted by the RSA guidelines, about not serving people already under the affluence of incohol...

But you can drink Pepsi all day...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:51 (Ref:2312650)   #12
Grimace
Veteran

Grimace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPRXR-6
He headbutted him because he didn't like the way he drove in the race?
Jeez, imagine what he would've done to Skaife if they sponsored HRT. lol
Old 15 Oct 2008, 00:52 (Ref:2312652)   #13
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
this is downright disgusting, hope the guy gets whats comming to him.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 01:11 (Ref:2312659)   #14
Peter Ford
Racer

Australia
Adelaide, south Australia
Peter Ford should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
that the thing about corporate tents,the people there only attend because of the free booze and food and they never follow the series.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 01:35 (Ref:2312673)   #15
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Ford
that the thing about corporate tents,the people there only attend because of the free booze and food and they never follow the series.
A left wing generalisation if ever I've read one. One dopey **** head making a clown of himself hardly quantifies every corporate sponsor or attendee. No corporate sponsors, no V8's...
Old 15 Oct 2008, 01:57 (Ref:2312681)   #16
FalconEL
Racer

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland
FalconEL should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
A rather inappropriate gesture and certainly something worthy of a lawsuit plus criminal charges.
Indeed.

Perhaps some payola from a lawsuit may go some way towards securing a seat for Patrizi in 2009

Without knowing the circumstances behind the alleged assult, this sort of action is very disturbing. Akin to one of those aggro parents that abuses players and umpires at kids football games.

I thought the 777 car did a pretty good job all in all!! Both drivers were solid, if unspectacular and finished about where I'd expect and were about as quick as they needed to be to get it home. It didn't throw tyres off itself every 15 laps and finished the day in good health for a tilt at Indy in two weeks time.

Questioning the speed and committment of a driver is pretty poor form.
"I still can't spin the wheels all the way down the straight in high gear", Mark Donohue (The Unfair Advantage) commenting to the Porsche engineers on the 1100hp 1973 Can-Am Porsche 917-30 when asked whether the car has enough horsepower yet!!
Old 15 Oct 2008, 02:07 (Ref:2312684)   #17
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
perhaps the moron should have got out there and done a better job!
Old 15 Oct 2008, 02:11 (Ref:2312686)   #18
Denosaur
Veteran

Albania
Australia
Denosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDenosaur should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations
A left wing generalisation if ever I've read one. One dopey **** head making a clown of himself hardly quantifies every corporate sponsor or attendee. No corporate sponsors, no V8's...
Obviously you've never seen the corporate boxes at Indy?? I'm sure if you walked up to some of the people who attend those boxes and asked them who is Pattrizi or even one of the Indy drivers, they would have the slightest clue.

Hell I once had someone at Indy ask me if Schumacher or Ferrari was racing!!
Old 15 Oct 2008, 02:39 (Ref:2312695)   #19
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Indy is an event not a motor race

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur
Obviously you've never seen the corporate boxes at Indy?? I'm sure if you walked up to some of the people who attend those boxes and asked them who is Pattrizi or even one of the Indy drivers, they would have the slightest clue.

Deno, this was at Bathurst, the ignorant remark about corporate boxes is just plain ordinary wrong.

Events do attract more party goers.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2312699)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Micklegend
perhaps the moron should have got out there and done a better job!
he couldn't his head is to thick and hard thats why all he is good for is a headbutt. next time use a brick wall ****wit.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 03:24 (Ref:2312704)   #21
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Deno, this was at Bathurst, the ignorant remark about corporate boxes is just plain ordinary wrong.

Events do attract more party goers.
And now the greatest motor race in Australasia isn't an event? Hmmmm......
Old 15 Oct 2008, 04:20 (Ref:2312722)   #22
Sheep Stations
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Sheep Stations should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denosaur

Mate, I've taken my missus to an All Blacks/Wallabies rugby test and she knows as much about rugby as I know about nuclear science! She didn't have to pass a knowledge test, she just threatened to withhold certain marital duties if I didn't take her...

It doesn't really matter if the corporate boxes are full of non-believers or ignorants, so long as they bring their money for the sport.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 06:15 (Ref:2312747)   #23
Kid Geezer
Rookie

Kid Geezer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheep Stations
Dunno about the left wing generalisation reference but the corporate behaviour I witnessed on the weekend was hardly noblesse oblige.
First were the pratts in the corporate villa at the inside Chase (who's was it? I need to boycott their products...) who stuck their hands up in the air when some of the hundred or so lesser beings complained about the halfdozen or so of them (and a few NSW coppers as well) blocking the view of the screen.
Another was the Castlemaine XXXX Gold Retreat, thoughtfully placed at one of the few really family-friendly spots (Murray's) belting out mindless and over-loud (enough to completely drown out the commentary) music at assorted times (boycott in place).
Next was the Castlemaine XXXX Gold Retreat yet again for continuing to belt out its rubbish during the singing of the National Anthem (try that one at a NASCAR event, Lion Nathan).

Then I come home to hear of this latest bit of stupidity...

Contrasted to that, we, including our petite and not unnatractive 19yo daughter, had no cause to complain about the crowd behaviour (from the Chase all the way round to Forrest's).

For us, it was Bogans 10, corporates zip.
Old 15 Oct 2008, 06:28 (Ref:2312750)   #24
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think some of you have gone off on a tangent here.

There are no parallels between the behaviour of those who are taking advantage of corporate largesse, compared to a Director of the Sponsoring Company "headbutting" a driver.

Most of us have seen the "when it's free, it's for me" mentality of the all-grog-included corporate boxes. I once asked a bloke who had been up in a box at Clipsal who was fastest in practice when I arrived late, and he didn't even know practice had been on.

However when the oafish behaviour comes from a Director of the Company who is sponsoring the car, it's even more unbelievable.
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 15 Oct 2008, 06:32 (Ref:2312751)   #25
dirtymacca
Racer

dirtymacca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Here is an extract from the TEX ONSITE website...pity they don't practise what they preach!!!!!

"TEX Onsite Pty Ltd therefore undertakes to ensure that its operational activities prevent any adverse effects on the local environment. We are committed to protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, clients and the community in which we operate, and in compliance with all relevant legislation."