Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Dec 2008, 14:15 (Ref:2362743)   #101
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow_man
Hmmm, Patrizi's ability..... since he has lack there of, talk of this as a "skill" is rich no mater how you look at it. He is so slow, he was slower then the fujitsu's at Oran Park......

Friday
Patrizi 1:11.7451 Practice
Fujitsu 1:09.9216 Qualifying

Maybe he was running race trim, but even still I find his speed to be mickey mouse! The "big boys" were quicker under the same track conditions yet Patrizi was left with his tipical excuses of "it is all the car" or "they are all against me".

Michael never really set the world on fire with his racing, he has had more then enough time to get up to speed. Talk of "he will do better next year" is BS. No team has the time or money to wait on a driver to find his feet. Ausdrill should find a real driver to put there money behind (or invest it back into their failing company...).

As for Michael, Don't worry, I am sure your "mate" DR Mario Theissen hasn't called you back to the UK yet because he has lost your number...
are you the one that head butted micheal? sounds like a personal attack not a post that is normal for this forum

or unless shadow man hasn't got the goods to back him/her self.

shades of darwin appear

Last edited by fomoco; 30 Dec 2008 at 14:18.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 14:17 (Ref:2362745)   #102
Hayleyv8
Rookie

Hayleyv8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
[With a chairman like Terry O'Connor Ausdrill are doing OK ... failing company ... fair dinkum

Do you even know what Ausdrill does?
They are not a failing company.
Get ur facts right
Old 30 Dec 2008, 14:18 (Ref:2362747)   #103
Hayleyv8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavvy
Can I suggest this is more than a little personal:
1. Try Jamie Whincup
2. Dogs do do !! With a chairman like Terry O'Connor Ausdrill are doing OK ... failing company ... fair dinkum !!
do you even know what ausdrill does?
they are in no way failing, get ur facts right.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 14:23 (Ref:2362752)   #104
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayleyv8
do you even know what ausdrill does?
they are in no way failing, get ur facts right.
Hayley, read Cavvys post, I think you will find it supports

he was pointing out to Shadow(g**####)man
cheers
Old 30 Dec 2008, 20:07 (Ref:2362932)   #105
cavvy
Veteran

cavvy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
blind support ..

Quote:
[With a chairman like Terry O'Connor Ausdrill are doing OK ... failing company ... fair dinkum

Do you even know what Ausdrill does?
They are not a failing company.
Get ur facts right
Hayley, put your head into drive, heart into angel ....

Ausdrill: from the ASX website:

Issuer Code ASL
Securities ASX Code, Security Description ------------------------------ ASL, Ordinary Fully Paid
Official Listing Date 6 January, 1994
GICS Industry Group Materials
Exempt Foreign? No
Internet Address http://www.ausdrill.com.au
Registered Office Address 6 - 12 Uppsala Place , CANNING VALE , WA, AUSTRALIA, 6155
Head Office Telephone (08) 9311 5666
Head Office Fax (08) 9311 5667
Share Registry COMPUTERSHARE INVESTOR SERVICES PTY LIMITED
LEVEL 2, RESERVE BANK BUILDING , 45 ST GEORGE'S TERRACE , PERTH , WA, AUSTRALIA, 6000
Share Registry Telephone 1300 787 272

Directors / Senior Management
Mr Terence E O'Connor (Chairman, Director)
Mr Ronald G Sayers (Managing Director, Non Exec. Director)
Mr James E Askew (Director)
Mr Terry Strapp (Non Exec. Director)
Mr Mark Hughes (CFO)

Company Secretary Mr Mark Hughes
Mr Domenic Santini

Principal Activities Ausdrill is an international mining services group, providing leading edge drill and blast, exploration, supply and logistics services to the world's major mining companies.
Old 30 Dec 2008, 22:08 (Ref:2362993)   #106
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looks like Patrizi has sicked his girlfriends on us....
Old 30 Dec 2008, 23:45 (Ref:2363050)   #107
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
no come back though mountainstar.

I guess his girlfriends are right (of course i knew that because i was already in support)
Old 31 Dec 2008, 00:55 (Ref:2363076)   #108
bazil
Veteran

bazil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chalk and Cheese.

Whincup like his GRM team mate in 2003 were both Australian FF champions. They had excelled in all their motorsport endeavors prior to V8'S and that is why Whincup was given the benefit of the doubt and a second chance after a crap 1st year.

Patsy has never been a major Championship winner and in FF was only a place getter in State Championship level (4th NSW 7th VIC). Forgetting all the emotional attachment by some on here it is clear from history that Whincup and Patrizi are poles apart in talent and 09 will be a mirror image of 08 for the later.

Sounds like a cross between Ali and Senna but drives like a Saturday night Fender Bender driver at Granville...
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:32 (Ref:2363095)   #109
Emma#33
Rookie

Emma#33 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we were not comparing the talent of whincup and patrizi, merely how difficult both their rookie seasons in v8 supercars were.

Michael has won a formula 100 Karting Australian Championship in 2002 and came second in the same class the next year.
In 2005 he was rookie champion and second overall in the formula bmw asia championships
With The Premapower team he won the F3 Euroseries title in 2007.

im not gonna defend him to the ends of the earth but everyone deserves a chance and in your case it sounds like you have given up on him and he deserves a second chance.
v8 supercars is not for everyone but at least he is giving it a crack and sometimes too much of a go resulting in mistakes.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:45 (Ref:2363099)   #110
dazza027
Racer

dazza027 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote bazil 'Whincup and Patrizi are poles apart in talent and 09 will be a mirror image of 08 for the later.'
haha, hopefully for both of those drivers. Be nice to see a two time champion again.
Quote Emma#33 'im not gonna defend him to the ends of the earth but everyone deserves a chance and in your case it sounds like you have given up on him and he deserves a second chance.'
Your right, everyone deserves a chance as far as means allow, however, in this game, unless theres glimpses of serious potential shown in a rookie season, then I think if a driver doesnt show any ability to adapt, learn or hell, in Patsy's case even drive the bloody car half fast then its time for some other young hotshot to have a go because quite frankly hes hogging a seat.
At least Courtney was fast in his first year, even if was in a gun team. And even though Whincup had a crap first year, there were flashes of brilliance in there somewhere otherwise why else would Roland Dane pick him up to partner CL?
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:54 (Ref:2363103)   #111
Emma#33
Rookie

like i said wont defend him to the ends of the earth but lets see how he does in the 2009 season in a two car team. everyone makes valid points in some way but there were improvements as he went further in the series. but many many mistakes as well and michael would tell you that.

and on he courtney front, i am a fan, but want when he first started as i nicknamed him james crashing courtney. but he has done very well for himself!
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:56 (Ref:2363104)   #112
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emma#33
like i said wont defend him to the ends of the earth but lets see how he does in the 2009 season in a two car team. everyone makes valid points in some way but there were improvements as he went further in the series. but many many mistakes as well and michael would tell you that.

and on he courtney front, i am a fan, but want when he first started as i nicknamed him james crashing courtney. but he has done very well for himself!
But he is not in a 2 car team. PCR is running an 888-engineered FG for their main car, and Mr Patrizi is located in the 2008 BF that Mr Coulthard has run this season.

This driver has not been impressive in any session in any round of the series. (Lack of) Circuit knowledge cannot be blamed for all the speed differential.

Had Mr Whincup been in a car the calibre of the FPR-tended FRSR Falcon in his first year, he would likely not have had an annus horribilis!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:58 (Ref:2363105)   #113
Emma#33
Rookie

so you dont call a team that has two drivers in two cars a two car team??
Old 31 Dec 2008, 01:59 (Ref:2363106)   #114
Emma#33
Rookie

and the car was prepared by frsr not fpr
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:08 (Ref:2363110)   #115
Hayleyv8
Rookie

Quote:
Hayley, put your head into drive, heart into angel ....

Ausdrill: from the ASX website:

Issuer Code ASL
Securities ASX Code, Security Description ------------------------------ ASL, Ordinary Fully Paid
Official Listing Date 6 January, 1994
GICS Industry Group Materials
Exempt Foreign? No
Internet Address http://www.ausdrill.com.au
Registered Office Address 6 - 12 Uppsala Place , CANNING VALE , WA, AUSTRALIA, 6155
Head Office Telephone (08) 9311 5666
Head Office Fax (08) 9311 5667
Share Registry COMPUTERSHARE INVESTOR SERVICES PTY LIMITED
LEVEL 2, RESERVE BANK BUILDING , 45 ST GEORGE'S TERRACE , PERTH , WA, AUSTRALIA, 6000
Share Registry Telephone 1300 787 272

Directors / Senior Management
Mr Terence E O'Connor (Chairman, Director)
Mr Ronald G Sayers (Managing Director, Non Exec. Director)
Mr James E Askew (Director)
Mr Terry Strapp (Non Exec. Director)
Mr Mark Hughes (CFO)

Company Secretary Mr Mark Hughes
Mr Domenic Santini

Principal Activities Ausdrill is an international mining services group, providing leading edge drill and blast, exploration, supply and logistics services to the world's major mining companies.

So then, as you seem to know so much, you can tell me where the workshops are? and who the owner is then,
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:32 (Ref:2363122)   #116
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
so you dont call a team that has two drivers in two cars a two car team??
Not when the two chassis are not from the same vintage or design. What works on an FG may or may not work on a BF and vice versa. What worked on a VZ certainly doesnt do the business in a VE....
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:33 (Ref:2363123)   #117
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
and the car was prepared by frsr not fpr
The chassis was prepared in the FPR premises, using FPR parts, and FPR personnel when required. The lead engineer for the team worked with Mr Lowndes amongst others during his stint at FPR.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:35 (Ref:2363125)   #118
Hayleyv8
Rookie

To an idiot
Patrizi did not send us, But yea we know him we race at his former Kart club,
I could tell you the amount of awards he has won, but pfft, heres one anyway
http://www.karting.net.au/champions.asp
scroll down to 2002.

V8supercars is not for everyone, I suppose its like intelligence isn't for all of you

HAVE YOU ALL FOROGT HE IS A ROOKIE EVERY ROOKIE HAS PROBLEMS!
AND HE MISSED THE FIRST 2 CHAMPIONSHIPS ROUNDS AND THE NON CHAMPIONSHIP

I have also meet Jim Morton and other guys from the team, FRSR racing prepared the car not FPR

Quote:

So then wouldn't telling me where the workshops are? and who the owner is then,
I'm going for a job interview ;]
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:37 (Ref:2363126)   #119
dazza027
Racer

...essentially making the operation 2 one car teams as there is limited interchangeability between the cars, except say, the drivers, and 99% of the running gear. Even though they use the same bits, the way the two chassis are configured, not taking into account the age of the older car making it sloppier anyway, makes it impossible for any meaningful data to be swapped from car to car and hence, Patsy is still going to be slow.
Funny how everyone here forgets that even though two cars can be built off the same jig using the same bits configured in the same way, the two cars are never actually the same...
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:39 (Ref:2363128)   #120
dazza027
Racer

Quote:
I'm going for a job interview ;]
Please do. Maybe those miners will teach you some grammar.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:42 (Ref:2363130)   #121
Hayleyv8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazza027
Please do. Maybe those miners will teach you some grammar.
?
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:47 (Ref:2363132)   #122
Reload
Veteran

Australia
Reload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridReload should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quit whilst your behind girls.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:49 (Ref:2363134)   #123
Emma#33
Rookie

i just wish to say that this is my last post i will not put up with blatant slander against someone.
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:51 (Ref:2363136)   #124
Holly Wood
Racer

Australia
Brisbane
Holly Wood should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
With The Premapower team he won the F3 Euroseries title in 2007.
I didn’t want to get involved in this debate, but fair dinkum, where did you get that stat from?

Patrizi finished last in the 2007 Euro Series, scoring only one point all year, whilst driving for one of the world’s most respected F3 teams.

Surely he’s not telling his mates that he won the thing? If he had, he certainly wouldn’t be messing around in V8s right now...
Old 31 Dec 2008, 02:54 (Ref:2363137)   #125
bestfit
Veteran

Australia
In a state of total confusion.
bestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbestfit should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
i just wish to say that this is my last post i will not put up with blatant slander against someone.
It's libel actually.
Slander is defamation by spoken word.
Libel is defamation by publication.
(broadly speaking)