Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Closed Thread

Old 13 Feb 2023, 12:43 (Ref:4143576)   #826
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Cant believe so many years spent to come in a country you dont obviously appreciate. For a race you can follow via media and telly. Is it addiction, passion, devotion, fascination, hobby? Its something I cant understand but you guys must be respected. Respect. Serious.
All of those things Gerard.
Old 13 Feb 2023, 12:44 (Ref:4143577)   #827
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
you guys are marking yourselves down

36 this year 40%, 20 is 22% surely?- I'm only at 4 races - starting at 2017 and 4 classics. Too many years wasted reviewing accounts, tax & figures at stats in long documents!

Plus if it was't for the odd strike and an invasion we'd have all gone to the 100th race last year too.

Wednesday is 100 days from 100th anniversary - is anything happening late May for that?
Of course. I was thinking 100 years! Basic maths was never my strong point!
Old 14 Feb 2023, 19:28 (Ref:4143719)   #828
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
For those having attended the 24 back in the day, say seventies/ eighties or nineties, I suppose the Classic is a kind of rejuvenation. Une cure de jouvence dans ma langue d'origine. When Mulsanne straight was really straight.
Old 16 Feb 2023, 11:46 (Ref:4143882)   #829
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
For those having attended the 24 back in the day, say seventies/ eighties or nineties, I suppose the Classic is a kind of rejuvenation. Une cure de jouvence dans ma langue d'origine. When Mulsanne straight was really straight.
didn't attend Le Mans then but a mid eighties 1000kms at Brands Hatch was the noisest event I ever went to (well racing anyway), Classic has a few bursts of engine sounds but not constant.
Old 16 Feb 2023, 15:52 (Ref:4143911)   #830
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RL17 View Post
didn't attend Le Mans then but a mid eighties 1000kms at Brands Hatch was the noisest event I ever went to (well racing anyway), Classic has a few bursts of engine sounds but not constant.
Well Brands hatch is a lot closer to home (maidstone) but the bowl effect of brands also makes the noise louder. The noise at brands never quite matched the start of le mans in the pit straight to be honest but then again the field was always much smaller.
Old 16 Feb 2023, 18:40 (Ref:4143929)   #831
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Brands used to be very noisy. The only time I ever remember my ears actually hurting at a race meeting was at the European GP at Brands in 1985.....
Old 16 Feb 2023, 20:57 (Ref:4143947)   #832
kdr
Veteran

kdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkdr should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I once emerged from lift into the end of the tunnel in Monaco, probably late 00s, V8 days, thought i would take on the challenge of no ear plugs and first car that came along almost burst my eardrums, never again. Le Mans i find is a nice noise, though my favourite time is the Sunday night, serene peace and quiet, always tell people you'll never find anything quieter than the Sunday night after the race at Le Mans. Imho.
Old 19 Feb 2023, 08:41 (Ref:4144143)   #833
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
In the rillettes

From a post on FaceBook. Here are some missing tickets :

"100 tickets to be won"
Attached Thumbnails
rillettes_tickets_le mans.jpg  
Old 19 Feb 2023, 10:02 (Ref:4144146)   #834
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
What a shame we can't get that in this country
Old 19 Feb 2023, 10:36 (Ref:4144154)   #835
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
If you could get rillets in the uk i would stand a chance, love the duck version
Old 19 Feb 2023, 11:32 (Ref:4144157)   #836
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You can hear the arteries hardening from thirty paces!
Old 19 Feb 2023, 14:33 (Ref:4144169)   #837
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
If you could get rillets in the uk i would stand a chance, love the duck version
That is one thing to be grateful for as far as British supermarkets are concerned.......
Old 19 Feb 2023, 14:38 (Ref:4144172)   #838
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
If the local authorities in le mans read your comments they may ban you from the race
Old 19 Feb 2023, 16:15 (Ref:4144176)   #839
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
If the local authorities in le mans read your comments they may ban you from the race
No, they'll just appreciate the fact that I'm leaving all the rillettes for those strange people who actually like it.....
Old 19 Feb 2023, 16:53 (Ref:4144180)   #840
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Simon, rillettes of all types are widely available here in the UK. Waitrose even stock a pork rillettes produced in the Le Mans area...

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...59-97000-97001

...fill your boots mate!!!
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:02 (Ref:4144181)   #841
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Notwithstanding my previous remark, I first enjoyed them/it in the Dordogne in 1984. More recently we shared a garage at Spa for the 6hrs with a French team who lunched on the largest bowl of Rillettes you've ever seen accompanied by Red wine and french bread. I've now got an indea for the pre race meet up. *slurp*
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:17 (Ref:4144182)   #842
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdr View Post
I once emerged from lift into the end of the tunnel in Monaco, probably late 00s, V8 days, thought i would take on the challenge of no ear plugs and first car that came along almost burst my eardrums, never again. Le Mans i find is a nice noise, though my favourite time is the Sunday night, serene peace and quiet, always tell people you'll never find anything quieter than the Sunday night after the race at Le Mans. Imho.
Noisiest (and aurally most uncomfortable) spot at Le Mans used to be under the trees in front of the old allotments opposite the concrete wall on the approach to Tertre Rouge. I used to meet up with an elderly French chap there each year for a coffee (he used to bring a flask of rather 'chewy' coffee and share it with me) at around 8am on the Sunday morning, and we compared and agreed retirements up to that point, crossing them off our newspaper pullouts. The 911's were the worst, the noise as they passed amplified by the concrete wall and at a frequency which inflicted great pain and vibrated the eardrums to the point that they continued to vibrate at the slightest noise for the rest of the day. It's what prompted me to buy some radio ear defenders. In around 2004 or 2005 he didn't appear there on the Sunday morning, and although I returned to the spot until they cut the trees down, I never saw him again.
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:23 (Ref:4144183)   #843
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Notwithstanding my previous remark, I first enjoyed them/it in the Dordogne in 1984. More recently we shared a garage at Spa for the 6hrs with a French team who lunched on the largest bowl of Rillettes you've ever seen accompanied by Red wine and french bread. I've now got an indea for the pre race meet up. *slurp*
What a magnificent execution of 'lunch'!

And you might just make yourself very popular at the meeting, in some quarters, Peter.
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:39 (Ref:4144184)   #844
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
What a magnificent execution of 'lunch'!
Fair to say they only stopped when the 6hrs started at 4pm!
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:42 (Ref:4144185)   #845
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Stopping red wine means they were running out of stock a not long lasting situation…
Old 19 Feb 2023, 17:53 (Ref:4144186)   #846
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Simon, rillettes of all types are widely available here in the UK. Waitrose even stock a pork rillettes produced in the Le Mans area...

https://www.waitrose.com/ecom/produc...59-97000-97001

...fill your boots mate!!!
My waitrose certainly does not stock it and in the last few weeks seems to have stopped selling gran pain rustique which i usually purchase several times a week. last time i saw rilletts in uk was in a m & s food store. Rlletts are the true taste of le mans.
Old 19 Feb 2023, 18:07 (Ref:4144187)   #847
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
https://monpanierlatin.co.uk/blogs/mpl-blog/rillettes
https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipe...uck-rillettes/
https://everydaygourmet.tv/recipes/d...pork-rillettes
Old 21 Feb 2023, 05:42 (Ref:4144330)   #848
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Noisiest (and aurally most uncomfortable) spot at Le Mans used to be under the trees in front of the old allotments opposite the concrete wall on the approach to Tertre Rouge. I used to meet up with an elderly French chap there each year for a coffee (he used to bring a flask of rather 'chewy' coffee and share it with me) at around 8am on the Sunday morning, and we compared and agreed retirements up to that point, crossing them off our newspaper pullouts. The 911's were the worst, the noise as they passed amplified by the concrete wall and at a frequency which inflicted great pain and vibrated the eardrums to the point that they continued to vibrate at the slightest noise for the rest of the day. It's what prompted me to buy some radio ear defenders. In around 2004 or 2005 he didn't appear there on the Sunday morning, and although I returned to the spot until they cut the trees down, I never saw him again.
That was always my favourite spot..... Loved being there at night
Old 21 Feb 2023, 07:41 (Ref:4144334)   #849
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
That was always my favourite spot..... Loved being there at night
Yes, loved it there, it was a special place, just my ears suffered as they were already destroyed by years of abuse at rock concerts (as you know, PA's always needed to be turned up to 11 ).
Old 21 Feb 2023, 14:12 (Ref:4144371)   #850
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
A few members of my family who have been tell me how good it is round certain points and the noise is something else. Earplugs they tell me are definitely required!