Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 3 Sep 2002, 07:56 (Ref:371857)   #1
Daisy
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Daisy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kerr in F1 next season?!

I read on a Dutch site, Robbie Kerr is linked to a Minardi seat. He's talking to a big sponsor at the moment, so he can bring enough money to the team and take the seat. It would be great I think. There are now 3 british drivers linked to the seats, Davidson, Wilson and Kerr. Who do you think is the best?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 08:05 (Ref:371861)   #2
Wiggy
Rookie

Wiggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wilson, Davidson, Kerr...in that order. wilson has more experience, davidon was lookin good for the 2 GP's he did but kerr has no f1 experience and could really do with a year's f1 testing IMO.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 08:42 (Ref:371883)   #3
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
BennyBoy1978 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
whould be nice to see another brit in F1 but to be honest I'd have to agree with a years testing his more then capable of driving anything with 4 wheels he proved that at brands.
And I think it would be a shame to put him straight into a race seat at minardi.
Maybe a year with someone like Jordon they seem to be good at bring on young talent (Both schumachers, fisi, Irvine and now sato)
Old 3 Sep 2002, 09:18 (Ref:371919)   #4
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also heard that Benson & Hedges were pushing Jordan to get Gary Paffett ... another silly rumour or anyone else heard it?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 09:18 (Ref:371920)   #5
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good that his name is being put around in the right circles though .
Old 3 Sep 2002, 09:20 (Ref:371923)   #6
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Doesnt Paffett still have a link with Mclaren ?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 09:26 (Ref:371931)   #7
NME
Racer

NME should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont know about that McLaren link, but with Gary winning in Mercedes land i guess Ron Dennis would have already do something to keep him tied ...
Old 3 Sep 2002, 11:03 (Ref:372015)   #8
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
To drive an F1 quick enough to qualify one for a grand prix needs lots a of testing. Minardi dont have the budget to do more than straight line testing, (but have gone to Monza!)
Old 3 Sep 2002, 14:42 (Ref:372156)   #9
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sounds mega... an all british driver F1 team!
I think Kerr and Wilson should get the seats, davidson is good but not good enuf me thinks for the top level just yet.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 14:54 (Ref:372166)   #10
Wiggy
Rookie

Wiggy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and you think kerr is?
Old 3 Sep 2002, 16:15 (Ref:372201)   #11
ejbabe
Rookie

ejbabe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is no need to be *****y now!!! After all Kerr, is the better driver.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 18:04 (Ref:372311)   #12
cheesey
Rookie

cheesey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Davidson has got more experience in a F1 car than Wilson. Ant was testing the BAR while Wilson was still troging around in F3000. Wilson still has the problem of fitting into a car, he spent 2 day at Minardi trying to fit without much succses, a team like Minardi haven't got the money to build a special car for him to fit. Unfortunatly he's a good driver but unless a bigger team that has the resources to build him a car he hasn't got a chance. AS for Kerr he would be best off finding a test role but has he got the management to push for this, you still need the right connections to get into F1 or a large amount of money.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 18:28 (Ref:372324)   #13
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
a chance at F1 is a huge boost to everyone regardless if its a testing role or a full race seat I'm sure Robbie and his management will do there best to get there.

as for contacts cheesey you can't get better than the BRDC they have some of the most valued members of the F1 paddock
Old 3 Sep 2002, 18:41 (Ref:372333)   #14
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
it'd all grenade horribly if they did put robbie in a f1 car right now. wait a few more years....
Old 3 Sep 2002, 19:27 (Ref:372355)   #15
play mate
Rookie

play mate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
and you think kerr is?
Yeah i do!!he drives for ADR for goodness sake, and he leads the british f3 championship by 21 points!! Put that guy in anything with 4 wheels and he performs amazingly (eg the porsche at brands) james is in the best car out there and where was he all weekend??..
Old 3 Sep 2002, 19:52 (Ref:372393)   #16
O'Schumacher
Racer

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire, England
O'Schumacher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this thread is anything to go by, 1/2 the grid will be brits next year (unfortunatley one of them will be called Coulthard) but Wilson is certainly the most deserving of a drive.

Spare a thought for the forgotten man, Marc Hynes.

British F3 champ in 99, only 2 F3000 races and a Porsche Supercup one-off, and a Dallara Nissan test since.

And to think guys like Yoong, Rossett & Tuero got into F1.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 20:05 (Ref:372413)   #17
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Marc Hynes is very much the forgotten man, he beat Burti and Button in 1999 when he couldn't've been expected to (Button may have been a rookie but he had Renault behind him, and Burti had equal experience to Hynes and the old Stewart F1 team, Marc was in a rookie squad, having been in a poor team the previous season), and now look at them all.

Hard to believe that, given that list of people who did get into F1, people say British drivers have an advantage at getting drives.

At least plenty of the current promising names are getting a mention, although I don't think Davidson did enough to prove himself totally. better than Yoong by a mile, but not as impressive first 2 meetings even as someone like De La Rosa or Enge
Old 3 Sep 2002, 20:08 (Ref:372420)   #18
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
yeah I think Anthony shot himself it the foot trying to keep up with Taku

but at least he qualified will be intresting to see if the time off has really made yoong any better as a driver
Old 3 Sep 2002, 22:38 (Ref:372553)   #19
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Rennen
To drive an F1 quick enough to qualify one for a grand prix needs lots a of testing. Minardi dont have the budget to do more than straight line testing, (but have gone to Monza!)
They tested at Fiorano yesterday.
Old 3 Sep 2002, 23:23 (Ref:372608)   #20
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally posted by O'Schumacher
Spare a thought for the forgotten man, Marc Hynes.

yes . see him walking around the Paddock at Brands couple of weeks ago....i expect he was there with Manor , i thought then how mad it is ....there is Luciano standing in the Ferrari Pit every GP with Rubens and Michael , and Marc who beat him to the F3 title is walking around the Formula Renualt paddock with Lewis Hamilton and Fabian Coulthard !.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 07:01 (Ref:372754)   #21
Sid The Manager
Racer

Sid The Manager should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Minardi test at Fiorano yesterday was putting a Russian no hoper in to keep the new russian sponsor happy
Old 4 Sep 2002, 07:17 (Ref:372768)   #22
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
erm, you dont think Davidson did as well as Enge and De La Rosa? I like De La Rosa but he's no star, and Enge? give me a break.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 08:00 (Ref:372796)   #23
BennyBoy1978
Veteran

England
Sydney
Quote:
Originally posted by Sid The Manager
The Minardi test at Fiorano yesterday was putting a Russian no hoper in to keep the new russian sponsor happy
give them a vodka its cheaper and does the job just as well

Last edited by BennyBoy1978; 4 Sep 2002 at 08:00.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 09:18 (Ref:372838)   #24
mac
Veteran

mac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmac should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Imagine Kerr and Townsend Bell in the same team at Minardi next year!!! Ha! Neither Minardi would get past the first corner and Minardi would go bankrupt before half-season.

Last edited by mac; 4 Sep 2002 at 09:20.
Old 4 Sep 2002, 12:52 (Ref:373003)   #25
JohnnyBravo
Rookie

JohnnyBravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Behave! Kerr in F1 next year, get a grip please! I'm sure he's great but what about all the drivers that are there this year that don't have drives for 2003???
As for Justin "Trogging" around in F3000 is it me or did he win the championship??? What do you have to do to get any credit for your efforts these days?