Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 1 Jul 2005, 17:12 (Ref:1344871)   #176
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
RSportRacer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
is the FR to be run with the Britcars, BTCC, Brit GT's and the VW's at once?
Old 2 Jul 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1345457)   #177
boycie
Racer

boycie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Interesting comment RSportRacer. Had Jack gone with a team with experience of single-seaters, let alone FR, I think we'd have seen him have less problems in testing.

You can't underestimate the need for experience with these cars as I well know. And another thing, how long has his wrist been broken? When did the season start? His team of choice always have an excuse - and not just in FR.
Old 3 Jul 2005, 08:03 (Ref:1345804)   #178
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
superfox2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by widerviewphoto
According to today's Autosport Carolyn Barker will be running in BARC with Reon Motorsport for the remainder of the season.

I think she was competing in the Kumho BMW Champioship last year, if this is the same lady.

Does anyone know who the second driver Reon are planning to run at Brands Hatch (Mark Terry?)

Cheers
Good luck to all at Reon, a great team and the true champions from ARP last year!
Old 4 Jul 2005, 07:59 (Ref:1346583)   #179
Bob Pearson
Veteran

Bob Pearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An apology is in order, Avni Ropica is a Kosovan, not as I reported, a Croatian. Sorry for that.
What the hell is it with some of you guys and the team that's running Jack Anderson, we are trying to get the guy onto the grid, not drive him and them away.
Old 4 Jul 2005, 09:20 (Ref:1346640)   #180
Spinner
Racer

Spinner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bob, I too would love to know what their problem is, would love to know who they are, but obviously not manly enough to admit it. So Boycie, tell me how the crashes happened, I would love you tell me? Oh by the way before you say that I dont admit who I am, I am Phil House, you will see me doing VW Cup so please by all means come see me!
Old 4 Jul 2005, 14:50 (Ref:1346925)   #181
boycie
Racer

Oooh, scary. My knees are trembling now I know it's little Phillip...as if we didn't already

There are a lot of people who've been stung by your associates - and I bet you don't know half of it. In fact, I know you don't. But we'll leave this here so I don't get removed from the forum!
Old 4 Jul 2005, 23:04 (Ref:1347311)   #182
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
PHil, none of the comments are personal to u. Its just unfortunate the said team has lost all credibility, if it it had any, Stories of Britcar, Btcc, brit GT, FR, FBMW have all been bantered around.
A team is only remembered or thought of with its last results, unfortunalty said team has no results so to speak of.

It was noted at the start of the season that the initial few rounds of FR were the same as the Britcar.

Applogies to other users, Phil and the mods if u think my comments are out of turn.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:17 (Ref:1347437)   #183
blossy
Rookie

blossy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant think what young Mr Anderson or his Dad must think if he reads this forum. Who the hell do you people think you are, you are carrying out a virtual character assassination of a team and very young driver without knowing any of the circumstances for their non appearance in various championships. Furthermore you then hide behind anonymity. Please confine yourselves to making constructive comments in this thread or sod off elsewhere
Old 5 Jul 2005, 07:35 (Ref:1347454)   #184
ianpearson
Racer

ianpearson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossy
I cant think what young Mr Anderson or his Dad must think if he reads this forum. Who the hell do you people think you are, you are carrying out a virtual character assassination of a team and very young driver without knowing any of the circumstances for their non appearance in various championships. Furthermore you then hide behind anonymity. Please confine yourselves to making constructive comments in this thread or sod off elsewhere
Could'nt of said it better myself Mr Bloss.
Have you finalised your deal for thruxton yet?
Old 5 Jul 2005, 08:06 (Ref:1347481)   #185
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
there is a lot more behind the scenes goings on than is being ket on, said team is known for making false promises they cant keep.
All u have to do is wonder over to www.teamgriffinracing.com (if its still there) and see the championships they have meant to enter.

Mr Andersons ability has never been commented on, Jack to my knoledge has never been observed in the Formula Renault so his ability no matter how good is unknown.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 12:52 (Ref:1347688)   #186
boycie
Racer

There is nothing written here by myself which is a slight on Jack Anderson - the majority of you are completely missing the point. This is about the team.

It's a factual statement to say Jack would have been better served running with an outfit which had single-seater, and preferably, FR exprerience previously. A team such as Falcon or Mark Burdett could have done a good job for him.

And I for one would dearly love to see Jack get a chance out there, he was a tidy little karter and acquited himself very well indeed when thrown in at the deep end in the Clio Cup after the Daryl McDonald debacle.

Listen Martin, I know very well what has gone on and continues to go on with the team in question so I categorically know what I'm talking about. I have been bitten and I just feel it to be a shame if other people are now seeing this happen to them too.

No offence is meant here to the Andersons at all - I wish them the world of luck. If you wish to remain blinkered about this team and its charade that's up to you all. The truth is finally starting to seep out about TGR and people are finally waking up to the continual web of deceit and empty promises.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1347710)   #187
Bob Pearson
Veteran

I suspect Boycie that it is you that are missing the point. If you have a problem with this team, then I sypathise with you and suggest you see it through with them to a conclusion. I also suspect, and this is where you are missing the point, that the vast majority of us who are witnessing this exchange of words neither know or care what it is all about, and being blinkered just isn't a factor in this. I am not sure if I speak for everone else, but I for one wish you would take it somewhere else and spare me the misery of it all.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 14:10 (Ref:1347765)   #188
Bob Pearson
Veteran

A bit of bad news: Cameron Jackson has withdrawn from the championship and will race with his dad sharing his car ( Westfield. Caterham? not sure which) I wish him luck, and the championship will be the poorer without him.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 18:20 (Ref:1348050)   #189
blossy
Rookie

blossy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ahhh your electrocution is obviously better than mine Bob,you made the point i was trying to make in my own blunt way. It is a shame about young Cameron, he was obviously going to be very quick i would have liked to have seen him in a twin cam motor. Wonder what Wally is going to do now he isnt out testing every day ?
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:12 (Ref:1348155)   #190
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSportRacer
there is a lot more behind the scenes goings on than is being ket on, said team is known for making false promises they cant keep.
All u have to do is wonder over to www.teamgriffinracing.com (if its still there) and see the championships they have meant to enter.

Mr Andersons ability has never been commented on, Jack to my knoledge has never been observed in the Formula Renault so his ability no matter how good is unknown.
Are Team Griffin still going? They were running Matt Allison in the Clio Cup and Rob Barrf was the driver coach.
Old 5 Jul 2005, 20:15 (Ref:1348161)   #191
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
Matuzak Motorsport

Anyone know if Stef is still running? I hear he may of folded!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 09:51 (Ref:1348607)   #192
steveng
Racer

England
Beverley East Yorkshire
steveng should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just to let all know that I am Steven Griffin and have nothing to do with (nor have ever heard) of team Griffin. Perhaps I should get to know my namesakes. Cannot say what I read above encourages me to bring my Martini out with BARC.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 10:06 (Ref:1348616)   #193
RSportRacer
Racer

United Kingdom
Silverstone
wat has been said is about the team, not the championship.
As for meeting them, u could in theory find them at any BTCC, BRITISH GT, VW Cup, Britcar or Formula Renault Race.

They do have a very nice setup thou..
Old 6 Jul 2005, 11:49 (Ref:1348689)   #194
skmanuk
Racer

England
skmanuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfox2000
Anyone know if Stef is still running? I hear he may of folded!

Just to confirm that Stef aka Muzzrace is alive and well and campaigning cars in both BARC Formula Renault amd Mono 2000 and can be reached on 01792 845500.

Unsubstantiated comments of this type are probably unwise in a public forum.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1348753)   #195
DSM
Veteran

DSM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng
Just to let all know that I am Steven Griffin and have nothing to do with (nor have ever heard) of team Griffin. Perhaps I should get to know my namesakes. Cannot say what I read above encourages me to bring my Martini out with BARC.

Steve, it shouldn't make any difference. The protagonists in the above are not conected witht the series as far as I know, are they?

It's a great Championship with great competitors and organisers. You'll not regret comng along.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:23 (Ref:1348757)   #196
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
Quote:
Originally Posted by skmanuk
Just to confirm that Stef aka Muzzrace is alive and well and campaigning cars in both BARC Formula Renault amd Mono 2000 and can be reached on 01792 845500.

Unsubstantiated comments of this type are probably unwise in a public forum.
Cheers for that! I am sure the burger vans will be pleased! Their turnover would go down if Stef was not arround!

SF
Old 6 Jul 2005, 13:26 (Ref:1348764)   #197
superfox2000
Racer

Gibraltar
Cheltenham
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSportRacer
wat has been said is about the team, not the championship.
As for meeting them, u could in theory find them at any BTCC, BRITISH GT, VW Cup, Britcar or Formula Renault Race.

They do have a very nice setup thou..
Is Rob Barrf still their driver coach?

Rob is a top bloke!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:52 (Ref:1348863)   #198
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My word, and I thought it got a bit heated on National Single Seaters from time to time!!
Old 6 Jul 2005, 15:56 (Ref:1348865)   #199
Andy1
Rookie

Andy1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveng

What you have read has not been written by people involved in the championship (that I am aware of). They have painted a bad picture and I can understand why from what you have read you would consider not entering.

However the truth is....
It is a well established championship,which has a lot to offer drivers of all standards, ages and abilities.
The drivers, teams and representatives of the formula are friendly and welcoming. They have been making every effort along with Renault to build the formula up and to get more cars on the grid.

It saddens and angers me to think that these people did not think of the impression it would give of the formula, and use it for their own personal issues.
Old 6 Jul 2005, 16:25 (Ref:1348883)   #200
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any series run by Renault is going to be of high quality be it the GP2, World Series, TOCA Renault or the BARC....Renault know how to run and promote a championship and despite the fact I haven't attended a BARC meeting this year I'm sure that series is well structured and given a couple of years to grow will be attracting grids of 15-20 cars every weekend it runs.

Personally I would always recommend going with a team that has experience be it in Formula Renault UK or other equal series. There seem to be plenty of them in this series each of which will give you quality equipment and gurantee you value for your money.

In terms of Team Griffin I can't claim to know too much about them other than to say that every time I've heard they're about to enter a series...9 times out of 10 they havn't. I would always be wary of a team that A. has no experience of the formula or of single seaters and B. is trying to dip their hands in so many different formulae. Even the very best teams in British racing have to cut back and concentrate on certain series rather than trying here, there and everywhere....teams lose focus in these circumstances.

Jensen Racing is a prime example of a team to stay well away from....they have nothing to do with BARC Renault but are a shining example of the fact that not every team is how it seems....I just hope anyone racing or considering racing with Team Griffin will not have similar experiences.