Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Track Day Forum

Old 7 Sep 2004, 17:55 (Ref:1089266)   #1
JonDavis
Rookie

JonDavis should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Airfield Track Day Venues

I am a racer, with a single seater, who would like to also do a few trackdays with my road car. I have a good knowledge of most race circuits but not a lot of knowledge of airfield venues.

I am after an airfield venue that provides a good challenge, not really a coned course, but with plenty of run off so that myself, and my wife, can test the limits of our 993 C4 without the risk or wrapping it around armco!

I am based in Sussex so would prefer somewhere towards this end of the country and would be interested in anyone's opinions on airfields such as:

Bassingbourn
Bruntingthorpe
Heyford
Hullavington
Keevil
Kemble

Any information and or advice would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Jon
Old 7 Sep 2004, 18:30 (Ref:1089311)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well Bruntingthorpe has the run off and the track width. Some quickish corners too.

They use (at least) two configurations, the longest of which has a two mile straight that is very wide. Even the shorter circuit has straight that is about one mile.

It is quite a few years (ten?) since I have been there though.