Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 31 Mar 2001, 18:52 (Ref:75765)   #1
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Well, it all kicks off at Silverstone tomorrow... now as a British F3 support race... who do you think will win this year's British FFord series ?
Old 2 Apr 2001, 11:55 (Ref:76508)   #2
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well, having waited till after the 1st round Goransson seem to have kept up his strong performances from testing and looks the man to beat. Dahlgren showed that private teams can run at the front and Mygale look to have a bit of work to do.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 13:10 (Ref:76540)   #3
FEUsmart
Racer

FEUsmart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Being now in his THRID YEAR of British Formula Ford, Dahlgren really should be running at the front. Funnily enough, as an Aztek driver, he has Craig Murray as his team boss, (or whatever title they've given him) Craig having spent more years in the FFord and FVJ ranks than almost anyone else.
Old 2 Apr 2001, 13:37 (Ref:76547)   #4
Marshal
Veteran

Marshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMarshal should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That must be a strange situation, I mean, what can Mr. Murray say after you get involved in some silly accident? its would have to be a case of do as I say, not as I do.
Old 5 Apr 2001, 11:08 (Ref:77671)   #5
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I think that's a little unfair on Craig Murray - he didn't crash out in either of the F3 races at the weekend - in fact he rather consistently moved up the field to finish with points in both races, despite disappointing qualifying (which was probably down to lack of testing as he's been so busy mangaging the ford team for AzteC (aztek is a different team altogether)).

Dalghren has got it - let's face it, in a non works car, racing with a fairly new team whose previous form is questionable, I think Robert did fantastically well to qualify second, and finish the race spiltting the VD's. And where was Haywood?

Craig, as Team Manager at 23, has a lot on his plate as well as trying to further his own career. So what if he spent longer than he should in FF - he now has unrivalled experience and knowledge in that field, and if he can't make it as a driver due to lack of funds then he could be a successful team manager with a big team.

Do I sense a bit of jealousy?
Old 9 Apr 2001, 17:09 (Ref:78982)   #6
redback
Racer

redback should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Goransson will be pretty hard to beat this year.

Dalghren actually had pole in qualifying but failed the ride height check towards the end of the session so was moved to last place. He went back out after the car was re-adjusted and got P2 in just a few laps, thats got to be hard to do mentally. I don't think the team is up to it for the full season though.

Craig Murray didn't crash in the F3 races but he did stick it in in qualifying first lap so that was what put him back but I think the car/engine combination don't do him any favours either. I hope it gets better for him.
Old 10 Apr 2001, 09:08 (Ref:79166)   #7
Marshal
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by LHR
I think that's a little unfair on Craig Murray - he didn't crash out in either of the F3 races at the weekend - in fact he rather consistently moved up the field to finish with points in both races, despite disappointing qualifying (which was probably down to lack of testing as he's been so busy mangaging the ford team for AzteC (aztek is a different team altogether)).

Dalghren has got it - let's face it, in a non works car, racing with a fairly new team whose previous form is questionable, I think Robert did fantastically well to qualify second, and finish the race spiltting the VD's. And where was Haywood?

Craig, as Team Manager at 23, has a lot on his plate as well as trying to further his own career. So what if he spent longer than he should in FF - he now has unrivalled experience and knowledge in that field, and if he can't make it as a driver due to lack of funds then he could be a successful team manager with a big team.

Do I sense a bit of jealousy?
No LHR, I'm not jealous, Craig Murray has far more driving talent than I can ever hope for, and holding down two jobs is very impressive. However, he does seem prone to mistakes in his driving. He is undoubtedly one of the fastest men in the Scholarship class this year, but I believe he had a big shunt in testing on the run up to the meeting at Silverstone, and definitely stuck it in the gravel on the first lap of 1st qualifying. Hopefully the responsablilty of being a team manager can mature him.

Back to FFord, Aztec look to be the biggest competition to the works Van Diemen's, but I'd have thought Hayward would be back in contention soon.
Old 12 Apr 2001, 07:55 (Ref:79752)   #8
LHR
Rookie

LHR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about this weekend then?

Dalghren should be stronger this weekend, as they've ironed out some initial problems with the car. I think its a two horse race this season with gorannson.

Haywood were miles off - what happened to Danica after the form she showed in the winter series?