Old 17 May 2012, 18:26 (Ref:3075825)   #651
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcckid View Post
sounds silly, but how exactly do i take a mirror off a 1.43 model??? Is it literally the case of pulling it off and hoping it breaks ??????? - ive never destroyed a model intentially before
From the inside!

Remove the two (normally) screws on the base, Drop the interior. All the lights and mirrors are normally fixed by a heat source melting the end of the plastic that fits thorugh inside. Remove the excess plastic with a sharp blade, then push the mirror through from the inside. SIMPLES....

Pull it from the outside, you will never know how much will break off..
Old 11 Aug 2012, 10:11 (Ref:3118601)   #652
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
sorry for slightly off 1:43 but picked up the 1:18 Mat Jackson AutoArt BMW 2008 model. Any ideas on figures of release?
Old 11 Aug 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3118766)   #653
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I today packed all of my remaining cars back into their original packaging and I will shortly be removing my display cabinet from the wall. This is all in advance of me having to give up my office for it to become my daughter's nursery. I have sold 10-15 cars so far but still have a huge number available at sensible prices. If anyone is interested I would be happy to provide a price list, just let me know.
Old 22 Aug 2012, 16:47 (Ref:3123098)   #654
tator2001uk
Racer

United Kingdom
Cheshire
tator2001uk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

Just picked up a Volvo Minichamps Kelvin Burt 850 Saloon in mint condition for £5 :-) well happy!!
Old 22 Aug 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3123227)   #655
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tator2001uk View Post
Just picked up a Volvo Minichamps Kelvin Burt 850 Saloon in mint condition for £5 :-) well happy!!
Excellent!

I have one in my cupboard that arrived looking like it had just completed a whole season of BTCC. It broke loose from its mount and had rolled around for who knows how many weeks in the box, it's got sticker damage, paint damage, and of course broken mirrors and wing. I got a refund from the seller who did not package it well at all and didn't want it back. I haven't had the heart to throw it out, and I have a mint Rydell 850 in the display case so I probably won't replace it. Not sure why I hold onto it.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 08:25 (Ref:3123394)   #656
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AussieTimmeh View Post
I have one in my cupboard that arrived looking like it had just completed a whole season of BTCC. It broke loose from its mount and had rolled around for who knows how many weeks in the box, it's got sticker damage, paint damage, and of course broken mirrors and wing. I got a refund from the seller who did not package it well at all and didn't want it back. I haven't had the heart to throw it out, and I have a mint Rydell 850 in the display case so I probably won't replace it. Not sure why I hold onto it.
The wing and mirrors are a simple fix and you can probably buy decals - it wouldn't be too much work to get it patched up.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 08:38 (Ref:3123401)   #657
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
The wing and mirrors are a simple fix and you can probably buy decals - it wouldn't be too much work to get it patched up.
True, it's just the effort factor. I'm so time-pressured right now that I'd rather just buy another one. Coming from someone who used to make up all my models from kits, it's a sad state of affairs. I'll keep it in case I feel like fixing it up in a few years time when newborns are a bit older!
Old 23 Aug 2012, 10:52 (Ref:3123471)   #658
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I'll keep it in case I feel like fixing it up in a few years time when newborns are a bit older!
Ah - I can see why time is a problem Better make sure you've got the models locked away in cabinets before small hands can get hold of them (learned that one the hard way ).
Old 23 Aug 2012, 12:19 (Ref:3123527)   #659
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Ah - I can see why time is a problem Better make sure you've got the models locked away in cabinets before small hands can get hold of them (learned that one the hard way ).
Ouch.....

Please don't make us cry by telling us what got totalled!!!!
Old 23 Aug 2012, 12:43 (Ref:3123541)   #660
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Ouch.....

Please don't make us cry by telling us what got totalled!!!!
To be fair it could have been a lot worse - De Walt TVR 400R lost its mirrors and wing, WTCC Alfa 156 lost mirrors and wing, JGTC Honda NSX lost mirrors, BMW M3 GTR lost wing. They were all on the same shelf (and the only one in reach on tiptoes) so they got 'driven' around on the floor for a while. Fortunately none of the bits went missing so I've been able to repair them - they just need to be displayed with their 'good side' pointing the right way now The fronts of the cabinets now can't be removed without a screwdriver
Old 23 Aug 2012, 13:01 (Ref:3123550)   #661
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Thats the 1 18 BTCC BMW 2008 Jackson model if anyone is interested Its a great looking model

Old 23 Aug 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3123600)   #662
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
To be fair it could have been a lot worse - De Walt TVR 400R lost its mirrors and wing, WTCC Alfa 156 lost mirrors and wing, JGTC Honda NSX lost mirrors, BMW M3 GTR lost wing. They were all on the same shelf (and the only one in reach on tiptoes) so they got 'driven' around on the floor for a while. Fortunately none of the bits went missing so I've been able to repair them - they just need to be displayed with their 'good side' pointing the right way now The fronts of the cabinets now can't be removed without a screwdriver
Love it, good work by Junior there, clearly undecided on a touring car or GT future then and without doubt by you afterwards to repair the stricken vehicles and 'secure the area'!!

My son was 'quite interested' in some big shiny cars in a cabinet and a few smaller ones on a shelf before we moved out. Although I was panic stricken about doing it in case they got damaged or lost in transit, I decided to put them into storage with the rest of our gear whilst we're sorting out the admin nonsence for the new place because it wouldn't have been fair to keep that lot at my folks place!! I hope there hasn't been a fire at the removals place, but then they're still invoicing us so..

I've only got a couple of 1:43 Premium x Capris, the Kyosho Starion and a handful of 1:43 F1's with me to keep me company at my desk until we move. Boo hoo.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3123616)   #663
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Love it, good work by Junior there, clearly undecided on a touring car or GT future then and without doubt by you afterwards to repair the stricken vehicles and 'secure the area'!!
He has his own collection now - still a varied taste though, everything from an Aston LMP1 car to a Dakar zx, there are touring cars in there and Group B rally cars so it's a mixed bag. The only criteria seems to be 'cool'

Quote:
My son was 'quite interested' in some big shiny cars in a cabinet and a few smaller ones on a shelf before we moved out. Although I was panic stricken about doing it in case they got damaged or lost in transit, I decided to put them into storage with the rest of our gear whilst we're sorting out the admin nonsence for the new place because it wouldn't have been fair to keep that lot at my folks place!! I hope there hasn't been a fire at the removals place, but then they're still invoicing us so..

I've only got a couple of 1:43 Premium x Capris, the Kyosho Starion and a handful of 1:43 F1's with me to keep me company at my desk until we move. Boo hoo.
I've got two small cabinets with models in - and 3 large boxes in the loft with models in I really need to sort that out! Displaying them in safety/suitable conditions (dust free and out of direct sunlight) is harder than you think.

Veering vaguegly back to topic - there are some of the Oxford diecast Vectras on ebay at the moment pretty cheap if anyone is after them.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 21:38 (Ref:3123780)   #664
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
Oh dear, yes I will need to watch for unplanned test runs of the model cars by kidlets.

I am still truly amazed that a 97-99 BTCC Mondeo has not been made in either 1:43 or 1:18. I would buy one or more in a heartbeat. Only car I truly regret not having in my collection.
Old 23 Aug 2012, 22:13 (Ref:3123800)   #665
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Oh dear, yes I will need to watch for unplanned test runs of the model cars by kidlets.

I am still truly amazed that a 97-99 BTCC Mondeo has not been made in either 1:43 or 1:18. I would buy one or more in a heartbeat. Only car I truly regret not having in my collection.
Maybe worth asking these people?
www.dsmodelsonline.com
Old 23 Aug 2012, 22:16 (Ref:3123801)   #666
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
Thats the 1 18 BTCC BMW 2008 Jackson model if anyone is interested Its a great looking model

Yeah. It was decalled by the guy that does the BTCC championship stickers. All the 'decals' are vinyl.

Looks nice though.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 00:45 (Ref:3123859)   #667
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
Maybe worth asking these people?
www.dsmodelsonline.com
I just emailed them, cheers.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 13:04 (Ref:3124074)   #668
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
Yeah. It was decalled by the guy that does the BTCC championship stickers. All the 'decals' are vinyl.

Looks nice though.
thanks mate, to be honest, i thought it was you who did the decals. I notice that they are slightly raised over the model and not as clean smooth like other models, so i have to be a bit more careful when holding it. Not moaning though as i got it through a trade and last time i saw this for sale, it was fetching nearly £100! Do you know any of the numbers for how many were converted at all?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 14:42 (Ref:3124127)   #669
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
I just emailed them, cheers.
Any luck?
Old 24 Aug 2012, 14:47 (Ref:3124129)   #670
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
thanks mate, to be honest, i thought it was you who did the decals. I notice that they are slightly raised over the model and not as clean smooth like other models, so i have to be a bit more careful when holding it. Not moaning though as i got it through a trade and last time i saw this for sale, it was fetching nearly £100! Do you know any of the numbers for how many were converted at all?
I will be seeing the Jackson's at the wekend, I will find out how many they had made. I don't think it would have been that many - 6-12?

Last edited by PDS; 24 Aug 2012 at 14:53.
Old 24 Aug 2012, 17:01 (Ref:3124178)   #671
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
I will be seeing the Jackson's at the wekend, I will find out how many they had made. I don't think it would have been that many - 6-12?
well i did send him a message through his ford website, but no reply, if you can get a chance to ask him in person, that would be really helpful thanks! Ive only seen about 3 on ebay and its converted from a WTCC version. Plus it came loose so no plinth of numbers etc!
Old 24 Aug 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3124331)   #672
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
Quote:
Any luck?
"Thank you for your enquiry.

We are not model makers so at the moment we have to rely on ready available models to complete our conversions. Code 3 models are the recognised term for them.

Although we are looking at producing models in the future and the 1997-1999 Mondeo is one we are looking at as it leaves a big hole in the cars that competed in the BTCC.

Our web-site should be going live on September 1 so keep a look-out for future announcements.

DS."

So not yet, but possibly in the future. Nice that they replied promptly though.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3124593)   #673
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
Quote:
I was way off the mark... Apparently they sent one model to each 'Accident Exchange Centre' in the United Kingdom.. So about 160 were produced.
Old 25 Aug 2012, 15:45 (Ref:3124616)   #674
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
Quote:
I was way off the mark... Apparently they sent one model to each 'Accident Exchange Centre' in the United Kingdom.. So about 160 were produced.
ok thanks mate for checking it out for me, still happy its a fairly limited edition then!!!! I thought less too, but no matter, its an investment model for me
Old 25 Aug 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3124644)   #675
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice set of features on this topic, the most recent in the current issue of Model Collector magazine (UK)