Old 20 Jan 2013, 15:30 (Ref:3191776)   #702
stevec427
Rookie

United Kingdom
stevec427 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's a replica of the replica.
Does anyone have any info on this 'replica' of Cleland's 92 cavalier? Ive seen photos of it but don't have any info. Is it a ex-DCRS car reliveried? Or a road car thats been heavily modified to look like the race car?
Old 20 Jan 2013, 19:59 (Ref:3191842)   #703
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec427 View Post
Does anyone have any info on this 'replica' of Cleland's 92 cavalier? Ive seen photos of it but don't have any info. Is it a ex-DCRS car reliveried? Or a road car thats been heavily modified to look like the race car?
It's the real deal. It's DCRS chassis number 1, liveried up in 1992 colours.

http://www.supertouringregister.com/...er/vehicle/53/

I saw it at Knockhill and I have to say, it's a very good restoration job, right down to the John Cleland embroidery on the seat.
Old 20 Jan 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3191866)   #704
stevec427
Rookie

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves View Post
It's the real deal. It's DCRS chassis number 1, liveried up in 1992 colours.

http://www.supertouringregister.com/...er/vehicle/53/

I saw it at Knockhill and I have to say, it's a very good restoration job, right down to the John Cleland embroidery on the seat.
Thats brilliant!! I didnt realise it was the car Corgi copied for their forthcoming release; shame about the wrong font on the shadeband and rear bumper though (that Corgi have also copied!). Corgi's also has twin tailpipes coming out the back, not how JCs Cav was when it ran in 92!
Old 23 Jan 2013, 01:01 (Ref:3192968)   #705
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!

Old 25 Jan 2013, 09:04 (Ref:3194096)   #706
stevec427
Rookie

United Kingdom
Anyone got hold the Vanguards BTCC Cavalier yet? Are my fears about the wrong font on the shadeband & rear bumper & dodgy exhausts correct? Theres a couple starting to appear on ebay.... Looks too high to me too.

Come on Corgi.... "Must try harder..."
Old 11 Feb 2013, 16:48 (Ref:3202976)   #707
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
got a 1995 Kaye MIB Minichamps mondeo model for sale - anyone interested???????
Old 12 Feb 2013, 09:25 (Ref:3203369)   #708
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevec427 View Post
Anyone got hold the Vanguards BTCC Cavalier yet? Are my fears about the wrong font on the shadeband & rear bumper & dodgy exhausts correct? Theres a couple starting to appear on ebay.... Looks too high to me too.

Come on Corgi.... "Must try harder..."
Yes, they're never ging to be big on details as they are at the cheaper end. However, I agree, even 20-25 quid is too much for this...

The Datapost Fiesta is a far better effort, and probably so is the ICS Sierra. I wonder what any Rover they decide to do will look like?!!
Old 20 Mar 2013, 16:03 (Ref:3221776)   #709
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Corgi planned releases for July-December include a Mini 1275 GT

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/productimage/?ImageID=18934

Now there's one that ought to have potential for future BTCC-themed models. How long do you reckon before we get a Richard Longman/Patrick Motorsport Mini..?

Then again, they've had the Rover SD1 tooling available for several years now, and still no sign of the BTCC version...

There's also a Mk1 Capri, albeit in RS3100 guise

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/productimage/?ImageID=18932
Old 18 Jul 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3279148)   #710
btcckid
Racer

United Kingdom
england
btcckid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
does anyone have a cheap BTCC Honda Accord 1996 Leslie or Kaye car at all ?????
Old 19 Sep 2013, 17:19 (Ref:3306284)   #711
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
There's a Corgi advert in the front of this week's Autosport with some of the 2014 motorsport releases. Apart from a 1970 Scottish Rally version of the Mini 1275GT and a 1973 Tour of Britain Capri, there are a couple of interest to this thread-

A second BTCC version of the Cavalier, as the 1993 David Leslie Ecurie Ecosse car...
http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/producti...ImageID=421847

...and a new addition to Corgi's 1/43 tooling, a Mk2 Golf GTi, including a 1988 BTCC James Shead/John Maguire Racing version

http://www.corgi.co.uk/shop/producti...ImageID=421852
Old 19 Sep 2013, 21:51 (Ref:3306353)   #712
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Interesting that they chose that Golf and not a Listers or DT version?

Elsewhere, the Neo Andy ROuse 1984 VItesse is apparently due for the end of this month?
Old 8 Oct 2013, 21:37 (Ref:3314826)   #713
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Interesting that they chose that Golf and not a Listers or DT version?

Elsewhere, the Neo Andy ROuse 1984 VItesse is apparently due for the end of this month?
Update. I've seen what appears to be the Rouse Neo car on fleabay but only in Hong Kong. Think i'll wait for it to arrive in Europe before bidding for one!

Elsewhere the Minichamps Kurt Thiim 1986 DTM Vitesse is now out.

https://www.minichamps.de/images/art...00861322_n.jpg

Ordered mine on Saturday evening.
Old 10 Oct 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3315830)   #714
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

The Neo Rouse ICS and a limited edition 300 run TWR Fleet ETC car out now!!

Not see any from UK vendors yet but I have seen some available in France and Germany...

Old 12 Oct 2013, 09:29 (Ref:3316632)   #715
CKM
Rookie

CKM should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
The Neo Rouse ICS and a limited edition 300 run TWR Fleet ETC car out now!!
Any details/links to the TWR car please as I've not seen it listed anywhere???
Old 14 Oct 2013, 18:06 (Ref:3317833)   #716
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
http://trax-models.co.uk/index.php?_...roductId=10699
Old 14 Oct 2013, 21:54 (Ref:3317942)   #717
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKM View Post
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-Vite...item46143dc826
Old 13 Nov 2013, 22:48 (Ref:3331034)   #718
bill1983
Rookie

bill1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just taken delivery of the vitesse from a german model site. The photos don't do it justice it's beautiful. Gonna check it for accuracy tomorrow.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:22 (Ref:3331291)   #719
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill1983 View Post
Just taken delivery of the vitesse from a german model site. The photos don't do it justice it's beautiful. Gonna check it for accuracy tomorrow.
The Minichamps or one of the Neo cars bill?

I think they're both pretty good efforts on the whole, although as a rover expert said to me recently, the cages might not be accurate enough on the Neo versions.

The Neo cars also suffer a bit from dodgy wheel alignment... well at least on my Rouse car they do! But overall I have been impressed with Neo, the Rovers are up there with the 528i's for scale quality, whereas I feared they might be like the Volvo 240's which aren't right.

It will be interesting to see which firm is first to bring out a Bastos car next!
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:31 (Ref:3331295)   #720
thetool
Veteran

thetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthetool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In my experience with about 10 NEOs so far, they have all been really good. Yet to receive one that I was disappointed with the quality.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 14:47 (Ref:3331310)   #721
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetool View Post
In my experience with about 10 NEOs so far, they have all been really good. Yet to receive one that I was disappointed with the quality.
The Volvo 240s are awful though. The mould, shape is plain wrong. The BMW 5 and Rover is very good though.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3331319)   #722
thetool
Veteran

Quote:
The Volvo 240s are awful though. The mould, shape is plain wrong. The BMW 5 and Rover is very good though.

This is the one I own. (not the exact one pictured).

And that's the real car. I must be honest, I don't see a huge disparity.
Old 14 Nov 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3331456)   #723
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

It's a good effort and all that but it just doesn't sit properly imo, the Minichamps version is better particularly around the height and arches etc. I'm not decided on which Rover is better though!
Old 15 Nov 2013, 20:45 (Ref:3331902)   #724
bill1983
Rookie

bill1983 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Its the neo model. The paint job is superb. Need to post a bit more before i can post pictures. In the pics i have of the real thing, it stands up pretty well. Can't wait for the Bastos, rumour has it its on its way. Hopefully followed by the sanyo cars Will have to get some decal kits for the herbie clips though.
Old 15 Nov 2013, 20:54 (Ref:3331906)   #725
KA
Veteran

Quote:
It's a good effort and all that but it just doesn't sit properly imo, the Minichamps version is better particularly around the height and arches etc.
That was my first thought as soon as I saw that pic- which is the first time I'd seen the Neo Volvo- the ride height looks too low and the wheels seem tucked under the arches far too much