Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:21 (Ref:3864308)   #1351
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Im sure Crees is a nice guy and probably a good peddler, but i cant help feel underwhelmed, even by the well known standards of a Tony G #gamechanger announcement.

Still, now we have a fair idea who will be at the back and the dross from Hard and AMD is almost out of the way, im looking forward to some proper news from some of the bigger teams
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:33 (Ref:3864310)   #1352
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
at least we have one team fully confirmed

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - BTC Norlin - ????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Jake Hill ????????
Honda Civic - AMD - ????????

MG - Excelr8 Motorsport - ???

Audi S3 - Trade Price Cars Racing - ???????

Vauxhall Astra - PMR - ?????

BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton ??
Ford Focus - Motorbase - ?????

Toyota Avensis - Speedworks - Tom Ingram ????

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - HMS - Rob Austin ????

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan ??
Mercedes A - Ciceley - ?????

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat ????

Subaru Levorg - BMR - Ash Sutton ??????
Subaru Levorg - BMR - ??????
Old 19 Nov 2018, 20:44 (Ref:3864316)   #1353
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
btccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbtccbloke should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post

I would like to see Ash go somewhere else, I dont really mind where, hes done all he can with Subaru and I cant help feel he should be away from the mess that BMR has become
Old 19 Nov 2018, 21:41 (Ref:3864335)   #1354
RS67
Veteran

RS67 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by porsche962fan View Post
at least we have one team fully confirmed

Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Mike Bushell
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Bobby Thompson
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Carl Boardley
Volkswagen CC - Team HARD - Michael Crees

Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - Matt Neal ??
Honda Civic - Team Dynamics - ????

Honda Civic - Simpson Racing - Matt Simpson

Honda Civic - AMD - Jake Hill ????????
Honda Civic - AMD - ????????

BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????
BMW 125 - WSR - ??????

Ford Focus - Motorbase - Tom Chilton ??

Toyota Avensis - Speedworks - Tom Ingram ????

Alfa Romeo Giulietta - HMS - Rob Austin ????

Mercedes A - Ciceley - Adam Morgan ??
Mercedes A - Ciceley - ?????

Mercedes A - Laser Tools - Aidan Moffat ????

Matt Neal posted a picture on Facebook today of one of the Honda's prepped and ready to go for a day out. He referred to the car as Dan's car, why do that if Cammish isn't returning for another season with the team?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 21:46 (Ref:3864337)   #1355
Steel Wheels
Veteran

Steel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSteel Wheels should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS67 View Post
Matt Neal posted a picture on Facebook today of one of the Honda's prepped and ready to go for a day out. He referred to the car as Dan's car, why do that if Cammish isn't returning for another season with the team?
I heard that after his performance at the Brands finale he secured his drive for next year with them.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 21:59 (Ref:3864341)   #1356
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
Still, now we have a fair idea who will be at the back and the dross from Hard and AMD is almost out of the way, im looking forward to some proper news from some of the bigger teams
How can the ‘dross from AmD’ be almost out of the way when there has been no announcement of who will drive the cars? Who is to say they won’t be drivers capable of fighting consistently inside the top ten?
Old 19 Nov 2018, 22:11 (Ref:3864350)   #1357
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Precisely. Shaun now has two race winning cars, hopefully he will bag a good driver or two: he hasn't spent a packet on those cars to make the numbers up.

If he can get Goff or AWE or Hill or Butcher on board then I think a race win is a real possibility. I'm sure there'll be some shaking with Shaun soon enough.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 22:25 (Ref:3864355)   #1358
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Precisely. Shaun now has two race winning cars, hopefully he will bag a good driver or two: he hasn't spent a packet on those cars to make the numbers up.

If he can get Goff or AWE or Hill or Butcher on board then I think a race win is a real possibility. I'm sure there'll be some shaking with Shaun soon enough.
Indeed, if Shaun gets the drivers on the top of his list, then wins will definitely be on the cards.
Old 19 Nov 2018, 23:36 (Ref:3864368)   #1359
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TR4racer View Post
Not missing the point at all. My point is that I could buy a 2CV for a couple of grand, race a full season and get all 12 signatures needed to get an International C licence. I would get the required signatures as long as I finished 12 races without doing anything wrong, I could even finish last in every race and still get the signatures. My point is should that alone qualify me to race in BTCC or WTCR? Currently the answer is it would as long as a have a bucket load of money as well.
And so the annual argument around money over talent begins. This is the way it has always been in motorsport and remains so, at all levels.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 00:16 (Ref:3864373)   #1360
pimmy
Veteran

England
Witney
pimmy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Crees, a charity class "winner". Yay...
Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:01 (Ref:3864417)   #1361
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Give the lad a break; the poor soul hasn't turned a wheel in anger yet. He might turn out to be good!
Old 20 Nov 2018, 08:25 (Ref:3864425)   #1362
btccbloke
Veteran

Wales
I had respect for AMD until last seasons revolving door, but even then, they are never going to win anything, even with the Civics they have now obtained imho.

Tho if im wrong ill admit it here first
Old 20 Nov 2018, 09:58 (Ref:3864439)   #1363
jsmee
Veteran

England
Essex, UK
jsmee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ex Clio racer and now Mini Challenge racer Rob Smith is announcing plans tomorrow at 8am

Could be a potential for Excelr8?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Old 20 Nov 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3864451)   #1364
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by btccbloke View Post
I had respect for AMD until last seasons revolving door, but even then, they are never going to win anything, even with the Civics they have now obtained imho.

Tho if im wrong ill admit it here first
I’m not sure why the Civics would suddenly be rubbish with another team?

They’re proven race winners and a lot of people would still class them as a championship contender with the right driver.

If Shaun gives Jack Goff a seat, he can bring a couple of years of data, not to mention the fact that there’s 30+ Eurotech staff including both of the number one mechanics looking for work.

With the right combination of car, driver and mechanics, they’ll be a front runner again this year.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 10:49 (Ref:3864452)   #1365
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Am I the only one who remembers how much speculation that Mat Jackson would race for AMD this tear when he 'lost' the Ford drive? I wonder if he was prevented from racing in the BTCC due to contractural reasons this year, but would be available next year?
Old 20 Nov 2018, 11:33 (Ref:3864464)   #1366
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmee View Post
Ex Clio racer and now Mini Challenge racer Rob Smith is announcing plans tomorrow at 8am
Daniel Rowbottom also announcing his plans tomorrow...
Old 20 Nov 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3864473)   #1367
Overboost
Racer

Overboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridOverboost should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Am I the only one who remembers how much speculation that Mat Jackson would race for AMD this tear when he 'lost' the Ford drive? I wonder if he was prevented from racing in the BTCC due to contractural reasons this year, but would be available next year?
There is an agreement between Team bosses that any driver team change has to have the blessing of both teams involved (after Linesey was left high and dry by Cook jumping across into the MG in 2017). So obviously both Dave Bartrum and Tony Gilham didn't 'agree' or 'bless' their drivers requested moves to other teams respectively. Hence no MJ all season and no return for Jake after leaving Team HARD.

Whether Mat is looking to return, its been rather quiet on that front.
Old 20 Nov 2018, 13:54 (Ref:3864494)   #1368
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Crees, we'll see how he gets on. Nice to see Team HARD get their line up sorted out early
Old 20 Nov 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3864515)   #1369
CroftPilgrim
Racer

CroftPilgrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
AFAIK this was only ever speculation. I'm not sure there was ever a replacement drive in the offing for him after losing the Ford seat
Old 20 Nov 2018, 15:58 (Ref:3864519)   #1370
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CroftPilgrim View Post
AFAIK this was only ever speculation. I'm not sure there was ever a replacement drive in the offing for him after losing the Ford seat
Speculation was the word I used, but there did appear to be a mutual admiration between AMD & Jackson at the time (but maybe this was just flame fanning?).
Old 20 Nov 2018, 18:07 (Ref:3864548)   #1371
Evantra
Veteran

England
Evantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEvantra should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
"Scott confirmed that the Team BMR squad is fully committed to return to the BTCC next season, and developments were being made to its Subaru Levorg GT machines ahead of the new attack. He said drivers would be announced in due course."

- from the 888 article on Autosport / Motorsport.com

https://www.motorsport.com/all/article/?id=4300940
Old 20 Nov 2018, 18:31 (Ref:3864551)   #1372
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^

Old 20 Nov 2018, 19:40 (Ref:3864567)   #1373
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Hopefully Ash and Jason will be in better run teams in cars that are capable of performing on all 10 weekends. Winning a championship like Ash did in a car that sucks as many weekends as the Subaru does is a great achievement.

Ash at WSR would be my top pick for a fantasy BTCC driver/ team combination.

If I were Warren I'd have binned the BMR name and used 888 branding on my team. But I'm not!
Old 20 Nov 2018, 20:03 (Ref:3864575)   #1374
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
That’s good, hope Ash continues to shine
Old 20 Nov 2018, 20:17 (Ref:3864583)   #1375
Robin Marriott
Veteran

Robin Marriott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Double driver announcement at 8am tomorrow according to ITV Motorsport’s Twitter.