Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 31 Dec 2003, 18:18 (Ref:824708)   #1
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Renault looking to WRC

Today's Autosport magazine has an article that Renault, after considering it for many years is to step up to the World Rally Class of the WRC, perhaps with the Megane model.

Got me thinking..McRae's competing in the Paris-Dakar for Nissan - guess who own's Nissan..
Old 31 Dec 2003, 18:31 (Ref:824719)   #2
x_dt
Veteran

England
Manchester, UK
x_dt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Does it say when Renault may enter the WRC?
2005?
Possibly earlier?
Old 31 Dec 2003, 19:58 (Ref:824760)   #3
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not suprised really, after all both Citroen and Peugeot are going well and it would make sense really.....
Old 1 Jan 2004, 14:04 (Ref:825148)   #4
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can't see it myself, Renault always seem to do this, they get all interested and then relaise how much it costs it go away.
Rememebr they have never really had a full campaign since the Alpine days. The R5 Turbo, Clio and 11 were only used on rallies that suited them. You can't do that anymore.
Plus the otehr two aren't involved in F1 aswell, now I know Renault is bigger but unless they can really afford it I doubt it will happen.
Look at Toyota for a good example!
Old 1 Jan 2004, 14:29 (Ref:825162)   #5
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by x_dt
Does it say when Renault may enter the WRC?
2005?
Possibly earlier?

It didn't actually say but I'd imagine they'd be looking at 2005/2006.
Old 4 Jan 2004, 19:18 (Ref:827578)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Probably 2006, i remember its always taken teams like 2 years to design and build a wrc car (Peugeot, skoda and citroen) and even when they entered it was limited rounds.

It would be nice to see renault in WRC, the new clio is suppose to be released sometime this year apparently (facelift), a clio with megan lines!

Then again it could take upto 3 years to design and build the car! Audi and fiat/alfa were also roumered to return (in the A3 and either Stilo/146) anyone heard anymore on that?

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..