Other 0 0%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Sep 2004, 04:43 (Ref:1107895)   #1
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
China - Driver of the race

Well, a great race and another tough one for driver of the race.

I have included everyone I thought would be in contention, however there were others that put in solid efforts.

RUBENS BARRICHELLO
JENSON BUTTON
KIMI RAIKKONEN
JUAN PABLO MONTOYA
TAKUMA SATO
GIANCARLO FISICHELLA

As usual, if another name should be up here (meaning, has a chance of being top 3), let us know and we shall add it.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 04:47 (Ref:1107897)   #2
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Solid perfomances from all of the above, but my rank of them would be:

Driver of the race : Barrichello. He really has been doing the business has'nt he.

Runner-up : Jenson - great fight, it must be frustrating to be so close and miss each time.

Kimi was screwed on strategy, Sato did brilliantly from the back, and Monty waisted too much time in the first stint. Fisi did well also, and Renault must be dark they cant get the swap with JV done sooner.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 05:02 (Ref:1107904)   #3
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
RB was neat and tidy but with that car he was never going to be bested so my vote goes to Button. Equally neat and tidy but needed to overtake cars and ran heavier and longer than anyone else.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 05:42 (Ref:1107920)   #4
F3lollipops
Racer

United Kingdom
Lollipop Land
F3lollipops should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Takuma without a doubt... coming from the back of the grid to score points in 6th place was the kind of stunning drive I have always known him to be capable of
Old 27 Sep 2004, 06:28 (Ref:1107937)   #5
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi! He looked faster than Barrichello when he was behind him. I believe he had the car to win yesterday, but once again the master strategists from Maranello came out on top, and well done to them for that. Rubens drove well, and so did several others, particularly Button and Fisi. But for my money, Kimi was the quickest of all yesterday.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 07:18 (Ref:1107973)   #6
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Unfortunately for Kimi, it's not Ferrari who won a strategic battle, but rather Mclaren showed their lack of abilities to think of a good strategy.

Kimi had the car and had the pace. But he's screwed by the guy who tell him to pit..

Still, i'd give Rubens driver of the race. In a race where maclaren and BAR are surprisingly closer than anticipated, RB drove a faultless weekend, controlled the race masterfully, pulling out times when he should...doing what MS does.. and won the race deservingly.

Run up would be Button and Kimi..both performed exceedingly well and drove a good race. Sato is worth a mention to for his climb back up the field.

JPM? what's he done special in e race? Fisi? scored a point again..but i was hoping abit more though.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 07:41 (Ref:1107988)   #7
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson Button for mine as he did a great job to get 2nd in the BAR.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 07:51 (Ref:1107995)   #8
Red
Veteran

Romania
Bucharest, Romania
Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fisi (both Saubers actually). He looked good all weekend.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 07:54 (Ref:1107999)   #9
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gt_R
Unfortunately for Kimi, it's not Ferrari who won a strategic battle, but rather Mclaren showed their lack of abilities to think of a good strategy.

Kimi had the car and had the pace. But he's screwed by the guy who tell him to pit..
Yep, I agree that's a more accurate description. It seems McLaren lost the race more than Ferrari won it.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 08:17 (Ref:1108010)   #10
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jenson. He and the team got post Kimi and if the leader had been something other than a Ferrari, they would probably have won.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:39 (Ref:1108066)   #11
Kempi
Veteran

Germany
Düsseldorf, Germany
Kempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKempi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Kimi had a car for fast laps. He did not have a car for overtaking. That's where the mistakes were.
At times, you have to sacrifice some of your speed for straightline speed.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1108071)   #12
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lots of good performances, both BAR pilots going great guns - but my vote goes to Bazza - winning at the slowest possible speed takes some skill and nerve and he nursed those bridgestones very well.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 10:14 (Ref:1108103)   #13
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Kimmi ,just poor pit strategy cost him
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:10 (Ref:1108141)   #14
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button, for running on a pace with the others despite the heavier fuel load. The boy is certainly coming of age this year.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:18 (Ref:1108147)   #15
300kph
Racer

300kph should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I voted for JB although Bar has played so defensively running full tank despite knowing that they could have faught for the win...
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:48 (Ref:1108182)   #16
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Voted for Fisi, great drive in the Sauber. Definitely think an honorable mention should go to Webber, there is no way that Jag should have come home in front of the Renault, but he made it happen (or JV didn't make it happen, but let's not start that again... )
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:51 (Ref:1108188)   #17
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by R
Yep, I agree that's a more accurate description. It seems McLaren lost the race more than Ferrari won it.

It was worth taking the gamble on strategy - I can't see how Kimi could have beaten an inherently faster car without trying to do something different.

If it had worked people would have hailed it, but it didn't.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 11:59 (Ref:1108196)   #18
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
I cant recall the last time 'short' filling someone worked though. With the current cars, last man to pit wins.

They would probably had a better chance puting more fuel in him, so he stopped after Rubins.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1108239)   #19
sonic
Veteran

sonic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
don't you think (based on Bazza's electric pace just before he pitted) that he could have gone way faster if he wanted / dared?

he was just keeping Kimi at bay, nursing his tyres. When he knew he was coming in he just burned up his remaining rubber.

Yes B'stone were struggling to keep the tyres together (as Massa so clearly demonstrated!) I still think Bazza had too much in reserve for kimi or jense that day.
Old 27 Sep 2004, 12:52 (Ref:1108259)   #20
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Agreed.

Bridgestone had the advantage - Barrichello was never really likely to be beaten.
Old 28 Sep 2004, 04:17 (Ref:1109032)   #21
Led ZeppF1
Veteran

Indonesia
Jakarta, Indonesia
Led ZeppF1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One word: Button!!!
Old 28 Sep 2004, 06:27 (Ref:1109064)   #22
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MY vote to RB, second flawless weekend in-a-row
Old 28 Sep 2004, 21:48 (Ref:1109856)   #23
Alan Jones
Veteran

Alan Jones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My vote goes to DC,for taking out Ralf.
Old 29 Sep 2004, 02:52 (Ref:1109979)   #24
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Had to be Barichello. I am used to the great drives by Fisi...