Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 23 Mar 2006, 11:58 (Ref:1558451)   #1
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Money Grabbing Madness

It seems you are not allowed to bring bottles of water to the Adelaide circuit from home this year, as it, and I quote from the bag-checking guy on the gate "might not be water".

This is absolutely disgusting IMO. I will not pay $3.50 for a warm bottle of water at the track when it comes out of the sky (and into the rain water tank) for free at home, where it can be frozen and later enjoyed cold.

Water can be brough in if the bottle is sealed, which means it has to be bought specifically to bring into the track. Ridiculous. Being allowed to drink ones own water when it is 34 degrees I would have thought would be pretty close to a human right!

Not a pleasing way to start the weekend at all.

Later going to watch the Porsches leave their paddock area, I found myself locked between a garage door and a gate! This was also not a plesant part of the day.

At no time did I leave the grounds of the circuit or cross any sort of marking saying don't go here, and I find myself locked into a small area, where I had to then convince the secuirity guard to let me out onto the public street, and out of captivity! It was lucky that this particulary gaurd was so helpful, as he had to esort me back again into the circuit (as my pass was hole-punched)! A baffling and utter confusing experience, as I was just following the cars along and then all of a sudden the garage door I went in through was shut and locked, the Porsches dissapeared and I was trapped!

All I wanted to do was drink my water and watch some race cars!
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 12:03 (Ref:1558455)   #2
Oaksnaf
Veteran

Australia
Oaksnaf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You should only not be allowed to bring in "open" bottles of water, but certainly closed bottles of water should be allowed in without question.

However, I have a mass of lids which can be used to seal bottles anyway.

Glad you enjoyed yourself XR, could have been a traumatic experience had he not let you back in!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 12:26 (Ref:1558467)   #3
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes I use those resealable lids too for my vodka. ah I mean water
Old 23 Mar 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1558471)   #4
mmciau
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
mmciau should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And continuing ...

There are no toilets within 200 metres of the inside of the haitrpin Corner - you have toi walk up to and beyond the support catr paddock to go to the General Admission Toilets

And in the Hairpin, they could shift the Big Screen back 5 metres so it can be seen by people inside the Hairpin - not exclusively for the persons in the Stands outside of the hairpin!

And at the back of Pit Straight (Barry Sheene Stand) - a distinct lack of tables and chairs under the Sun Pergolas

Mike
Old 23 Mar 2006, 14:42 (Ref:1558596)   #5
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8
It seems you are not allowed to bring bottles of water to the Adelaide circuit from home this year, as it, and I quote from the bag-checking guy on the gate "might not be water".

This is absolutely disgusting IMO. I will not pay $3.50 for a warm bottle of water at the track when it comes out of the sky (and into the rain water tank) for free at home, where it can be frozen and later enjoyed cold.
A little know fact (If it is still true as it was about 8 years ago) is that as part of having a liquor licence you mush make water freely available to customers.

So nightclubs sell water at $3.50 - $5.00 a bottle when if you acvtually ask for a glass of water they have to an will give you one for free.

It would be interesting to see if this is still the law / rule with a liquor licence.

Obviously it is in the interests of responsible drinking.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 20:02 (Ref:1558941)   #6
hml2777
Racer

Cuba
Guantanamo Bay
hml2777 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FalconXRated
A little know fact (If it is still true as it was about 8 years ago) is that as part of having a liquor licence you mush make water freely available to customers.

So nightclubs sell water at $3.50 - $5.00 a bottle when if you acvtually ask for a glass of water they have to an will give you one for free.

It would be interesting to see if this is still the law / rule with a liquor licence.

Obviously it is in the interests of responsible drinking.
I thought the water for those people who like to take "things" other than alcohol at night clubs.
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:25 (Ref:1558997)   #7
smokinJ
Racer

smokinJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
when i worked at a pub the boss didn't like wasting time on serving water
and when we was around we had to charge for a glass of water 50c
Old 23 Mar 2006, 21:52 (Ref:1559020)   #8
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have always felt very strongly about this.

Charging for water, or disallowing it at all is a breach of human rights in my opinion. I honestly believe it should be illegal to charge for plain water for the purposes of drinking it.

Its tantamount to charging for oxygen.

What on earth was this security guard thinking? Thats bizarre, to say the least!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 22:25 (Ref:1559050)   #9
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Its Adelaide, would you REALLY want to drink their tap water? Unless it comes with a knife and fork

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 23 Mar 2006, 23:00 (Ref:1559079)   #10
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey VD, it might not smell too good, but at least you can see through it these days
Old 23 Mar 2006, 23:31 (Ref:1559107)   #11
RotorFan
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
RotorFan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You'd think being the city of churches, tap water there would be the holiest/purest in the country
Old 24 Mar 2006, 00:07 (Ref:1559121)   #12
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
I think they wash their feet in it!

Old 24 Mar 2006, 00:08 (Ref:1559122)   #13
S_Doctor
Rookie

S_Doctor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there a health and safety issue involved with this I wonder? Are the organisers showing a duty of care to their patrons?
Old 24 Mar 2006, 00:15 (Ref:1559125)   #14
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
The part I like is paying $3.50/$4/$5/$6 for a bottle of water and it is at room temperature...

Old 24 Mar 2006, 00:30 (Ref:1559133)   #15
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00 XR8

Water can be brough in if the bottle is sealed, which means it has to be bought specifically to bring into the track. Ridiculous. Being allowed to drink ones own water when it is 34 degrees I would have thought would be pretty close to a human right!

Not a pleasing way to start the weekend at all.

Later going to watch the Porsches leave their paddock area, I found myself locked between a garage door and a gate! This was also not a plesant part of the day.

At no time did I leave the grounds of the circuit or cross any sort of marking saying don't go here, and I find myself locked into a small area, where I had to then convince the secuirity guard to let me out onto the public street, and out of captivity! It was lucky that this particulary gaurd was so helpful, as he had to esort me back again into the circuit (as my pass was hole-punched)! A baffling and utter confusing experience, as I was just following the cars along and then all of a sudden the garage door I went in through was shut and locked, the Porsches dissapeared and I was trapped!

All I wanted to do was drink my water and watch some race cars!

Just AUSSIE BERNIE looking after his paying suckers ( I mean FANS )
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 24 Mar 2006, 00:32 (Ref:1559135)   #16
S_Doctor
Rookie

S_Doctor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They won an award for the Clipsal event didn't they? They must have paid for it with the water sales?
Old 24 Mar 2006, 01:19 (Ref:1559158)   #17
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Nothing but Perrier for TC though

Old 24 Mar 2006, 01:37 (Ref:1559167)   #18
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Dice
Nothing but Perrier for TC though
In his corparate box drinkung his Champane & eating his caveiar, plus his perrier, while the sheep in the stands pay for there water.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 02:21 (Ref:1559179)   #19
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSR
In his corparate box drinkung his Champane & eating his caveiar, plus his perrier, while the sheep in the stands pay for there water.
And what's wrong with that?

We are only jealous anyways

Old 24 Mar 2006, 02:36 (Ref:1559199)   #20
bathurst
Racer

Australia
sydney
bathurst should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Typical TC, money grabbing again. Don't suprise me one bit. Unfortunately TSR passionate fans like us dont matter in the big corporate world. (try emailing Shannon O'Grady-Admin Officer for that race reception@clipsal500.com.au Damage is done I know but at least you can let it out. That is Avescos idea of a "Great Race" Everyone in bloody Grandstands paying top dollar$$$ for everything. We wont go to V8s in Adelaide for those reasons, plus you can only see whats in front of you unless your watching the Screen. F1 is different as it is a TRUE international event.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 02:40 (Ref:1559203)   #21
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bathurst
Typical TC, money grabbing again. Don't suprise me one bit. Unfortunately TSR passionate fans like us dont matter in the big corporate world. (try emailing Shannon O'Grady-Admin Officer for that race reception@clipsal500.com.au Damage is done I know but at least you can let it out. That is Avescos idea of a "Great Race" Everyone in bloody Grandstands paying top dollar$$$ for everything. We wont go to V8s in Adelaide for those reasons, plus you can only see whats in front of you unless your watching the Screen. F1 is different as it is a TRUE international event.

Same reason I don't go to the Clipsil as well. What you pay for what you see is just not worth it.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 09:56 (Ref:1559451)   #22
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanilla Dice
And what's wrong with that?

We are only jealous anyways

So VD are you an Aussie Bernie fan. It looks like it.
Old 24 Mar 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1559462)   #23
I16
Racer

I16 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Had no trouble with 2l of diet coke @ $1.99 from supermarket.
Water can cause lots of probs FFInIt so may be will be banned next year!
Old 24 Mar 2006, 10:47 (Ref:1559475)   #24
Rombles1
Veteran

Australia
Facebook
Rombles1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
24 pack of 600mL bottles of water is $9 at Woolies this week.... stick some in the fridge, some in the freezer, chuck them in a backpack, the frozen ones keep the others cool, and you can drink them later in the day as they thaw.... 37.5 cents each, or $3+ each - to paraphrase another thread, WHICH IS THE BETTER WATER? (I think they are even the same brand that they are selling!)
Old 24 Mar 2006, 11:05 (Ref:1559481)   #25
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombles1
24 pack of 600mL bottles of water is $9 at Woolies this week.... stick some in the fridge, some in the freezer, chuck them in a backpack, the frozen ones keep the others cool, and you can drink them later in the day as they thaw.... 37.5 cents each, or $3+ each - to paraphrase another thread, WHICH IS THE BETTER WATER? (I think they are even the same brand that they are selling!)

With due respect Rombles your are missing the point of the thread, they will not let you take WATER into the Clipsal but will cahrge you a squillion dollars for a bottle of h20. Aussie Bernie is RIPPING OFF the paying public AGAIN.