Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Jan 2018, 16:46 (Ref:3796939)   #1546
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!BSchneiderFan has a real shot at the podium!
Oh, to see Max Verstappen hurl a Red Bull into Tarzanbocht.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 16:47 (Ref:3796940)   #1547
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Yes, spot on.

It would take a lot less time and money to ready Zandvoort then it would Assen that's for sure.
really? both have pretty shoddy pit buildings, and not necessarily enough space for all the f1 fluff in the paddock though assen is probably a bit better off. zandvoort struggles with dtm, the gt4 support was in the (charitably named) outer paddock last year and there was only a couple of f3 teams.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 17:43 (Ref:3796952)   #1548
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Yes, we can all look at certain circuits through the old rose tinted specs, but the infrastructure at many is inadequate for club racing, let alone F1......
Old 31 Jan 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3797144)   #1549
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSodemo should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Charlie would insist that Zandvoort gets ruined in order to stage F1 there. Thats not something I personally want to see happen.
Old 31 Jan 2018, 12:11 (Ref:3797146)   #1550
kurski
Veteran

Finland
kurski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to AKK Motorpsort boss Juhani Pakari the realization of the Danish Grand Prix in Copenhagen could push the efforts for the Finnish Grand Prix forward.
Old 1 Feb 2018, 11:02 (Ref:3797422)   #1551
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
really? both have pretty shoddy pit buildings, and not necessarily enough space for all the f1 fluff in the paddock though assen is probably a bit better off. zandvoort struggles with dtm, the gt4 support was in the (charitably named) outer paddock last year and there was only a couple of f3 teams.
Well, I meant in terms of layout and run off etc.

I hadn't considered facilities, but then working out of sheds hasn't out F1 off in the past (see Interlagos, Monaco blah blah)

Assen would surely need a ton of dough spent on track re-surfacing, widening, access all sorts?
Old 1 Feb 2018, 12:01 (Ref:3797442)   #1552
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Well, I meant in terms of layout and run off etc.

I hadn't considered facilities, but then working out of sheds hasn't out F1 off in the past (see Interlagos, Monaco blah blah)

Assen would surely need a ton of dough spent on track re-surfacing, widening, access all sorts?
it’s fairly wide, i think the visit by charlie whiting only brought up a couple of minor tweaks that’d need doing.

the access at assen is excellent - straight onto a motorway, albeit dual carriageway and there’s a railway station that they already provide frequent buses to and from on big days. they genuinely get 80-100k spectators there for the bikes and their big free event.

zandvoort is a pain for access in terms of trucks (there’s really only one way in and out plus you have to cross the track a la brands hatch), but it has a train station within walking distance and thus all of amsterdam for hotel rooms.

/bella’s european circuit reviews
Old 5 Feb 2018, 12:57 (Ref:3798681)   #1553
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Kiribati
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Again the rumours about the return of Argentine GP.
It's very strange, but don't want to have F1 in my country...
Old 5 Feb 2018, 15:05 (Ref:3798722)   #1554
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The economic return of having an F1 race is questionable at best.
Old 5 Feb 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3798749)   #1555
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
it’s fairly wide, i think the visit by charlie whiting only brought up a couple of minor tweaks that’d need doing.

the access at assen is excellent - straight onto a motorway, albeit dual carriageway and there’s a railway station that they already provide frequent buses to and from on big days. they genuinely get 80-100k spectators there for the bikes and their big free event.

zandvoort is a pain for access in terms of trucks (there’s really only one way in and out plus you have to cross the track a la brands hatch), but it has a train station within walking distance and thus all of amsterdam for hotel rooms.

/bella’s european circuit reviews
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:30 (Ref:3799290)   #1556
Moneyseeker
Subscriber
Veteran

Moneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMoneyseeker should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wonder how the the queue at Liberty's door for 'new' F1 races, really is? With the current climate who is going to have $200m to spend on a venue plus the $50M or so per year for F1 rights?
Old 7 Feb 2018, 10:33 (Ref:3799294)   #1557
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Kiribati
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Somewhere in the GPI magazine (Long Beach '83 edition), just read a note about how Bernie has to cope with the US street tracks, at the time...
That's not new, and it's VERY related to last Bernie's Xmas postcard...
Old 7 Feb 2018, 11:13 (Ref:3799308)   #1558
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyseeker View Post
I wonder how the the queue at Liberty's door for 'new' F1 races, really is? With the current climate who is going to have $200m to spend on a venue plus the $50M or so per year for F1 rights?
Same as always, an ambitious national or local government or some very, very rich guy as a vanity project. It's hard to see the ROI of such a project — see COTA — but governments and the super rich can sometimes be convinced to throw money at crazy things.

I also wonder how many serious inquiries Liberty is getting these days, especially as they want more races in the right places — high income parts of the world, especially major cities — and less in places like Baku or Malaysia that just don't help the F1 brand as much.

I wonder if F1 might try to poach some cities from Formula E in the future.
Old 7 Feb 2018, 14:51 (Ref:3799338)   #1559
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
one Liberty headline which never got much traction is that they have been clear that the teams should expect a decrease in the overall size of the prize fund. ostensibly because they are reinvesting more back into the sport, expanding FOM departments etc.

but are they prepared to further decrease the size of the pot by lowering sanctioning fees to secure, what they consider, key venues?

will we see Nurburgring return in 2019 or another American city (NYC, Vegas, Miami) get added on the back of a more favorable hosting deals, will they save Silverstone?
Old 13 Feb 2018, 14:21 (Ref:3800972)   #1560
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyM View Post
also wonder how many serious inquiries Liberty is getting these days, especially as they want more races in the right places — high income parts of the world, especially major cities — and less in places like Baku or Malaysia that just don't help the F1 brand as much.
Rumours say otherwise, see Kuwait.