Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 17 Jan 2018, 10:42 (Ref:3793289)   #31
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Didn't that rule vanish when pro-cars were introduced?
I believe that the Procar races were all held on a Saturday, with qualy on Friday... the race on Saturday was to give GP drivers the requisite 24 hour gap between taking part in different categories racing.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 16:56 (Ref:3793371)   #32
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
The last double dipping of F1 drivers at a GP weekend would probably have been the wonderful BMW Procar series in 79/80. They ran BMW M1's as a one make series as a GP support category with predominantly F1 drivers of the era in the entry, in I believe just European rounds
Think you will find that Phillipe Adams drove in a Belcar race and the Belgian GP at Spa in 1994, The Belcar race was on the Saturday where he drove a BMW & then on the Sunday he drove the Lotus 109.
Old 17 Jan 2018, 18:37 (Ref:3793393)   #33
P38 in workshop
Racer

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
Think you will find that Phillipe Adams drove in a Belcar race and the Belgian GP at Spa in 1994, The Belcar race was on the Saturday where he drove a BMW & then on the Sunday he drove the Lotus 109.
I have heard it said that the non-arrival of his seat purchase funding was what precipitated the final demise of Lotus.No idea how Belcar was funded or if it paid him.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 19:23 (Ref:3794379)   #34
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you're an F1 fan who is planning on watching Daytona, then this is worth a read.

http://theracingline.net/2018/imsa/w...tona-24-hours/

Live stream for most of the world will be available (free and legal), and we'll have live timing all weekend too.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 19:43 (Ref:3794387)   #35
E.B
Veteran

Australia
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridE.B should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
If you're an F1 fan who is planning on watching Daytona, then this is worth a read.

Live stream for most of the world will be available (free and legal), and we'll have live timing all weekend too.
Thanks. Much appreciated. Great intro. I will tune in as much as I can during the event.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 05:39 (Ref:3794660)   #36
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post

Thanks Akroprovic, will try and watch some of this.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 14:05 (Ref:3794756)   #37
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No problem, that's what the guide is for!

For those with absolutely no knowledge of sportscar racing, and don't know where to start watching, here's everything you need.

http://theracingline.net/2018/imsa/w...ona-resources/

Timetable, entry lists, spotter guides, live timing, streaming details, videos, news, previews, etc.
Old 24 Jan 2018, 16:53 (Ref:3794777)   #38
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
or you know, you can potter over to the forum on tenths that does exactly the same thing but with a bit of discourse as well
Old 24 Jan 2018, 17:22 (Ref:3794785)   #39
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Well.. You can (and should) potter over to the sportscar forum, but it's clear even from the opening post here that many are not. Not all opening posts are as good as Matts, but you'll still need to go and find a non-American stream, live timing and time zone information, so not quite exactly the same thing.

Delete if it's considered spam, but it's without a doubt useful for those not familiar with sportscars (we are a niche bunch after all!), especially those watching for the Alonso factor.

Last edited by Akrapovic; 24 Jan 2018 at 17:29.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3794917)   #40
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
or you know, you can potter over to the forum on tenths that does exactly the same thing but with a bit of discourse as well
... and get suspended for an analysis that someone doesn't like, no thanks!

I'll stick to the F1 Forum!
Old 26 Jan 2018, 23:47 (Ref:3795345)   #41
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!GTRMagic is going for a new world record!
So... Mr Norris isn’t in F1 just yet.. but he is/was on that trajectory.. however after the comments Here about Mr Brown’s car/team setup... is it still likely?

No negative crap like this from the primary driver Mr Alonso I notice..
"What is it you do that you're the best in the world at? You offer a service you didn't invent, a formula you didn't invent, a delivery method you didn't invent. Nothing about what you do is patentable or a unique user experience. You haven't identified an isolated market segment, haven't truly branded your concept. You need me to go on?" - Bobby Axelrod, Billions
Old 27 Jan 2018, 07:40 (Ref:3795376)   #42
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpeebee2 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Being as Mr B will get a dividend if Lando gets in F1, I doubt it will do too much harm
Old 27 Jan 2018, 07:58 (Ref:3795379)   #43
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
He's not wrong regarding the aero kit. The oreca was significantly better last year, especially using the standard kit but in low drag setup. The updated Ligier doesn't appear to have closed the gap.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 15:20 (Ref:3796647)   #44
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famechillibowl will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
so i got out of my comfort zone and watched a couple of hours of the free live feed of the 24. all be it i watched in small chucks at a time...20-30 min here and there kind of thing.

certainly the actual racing was enjoyable but i found the quality of the live stream, lack of on screen graphics and the commentating made it more confusing then it should have been. in some ways i felt i was watching a broadcast from the 90's.

obviously there is a lot more to keep track of but i felt that more often then not this was not solely down to my lack of knowledge as the announcers were often struggling to match their comments to the actual cars/images on screen (which could easily be a function of having to fill up 24 hours with talking).

but then there was the lack of resolution and bandwidth of the live feed. while it was ok on my mobile, casting it to my TV screen was not good.

maybe not the the right thread for this point, but while i enjoyed just watching racing and not really caring about who was in what car (a new world to discover) but there was a noticeable lack of broadcasting polish which i have come to expect not just from F1 but all sports i watch which happen to be behind a pay wall.

definitely spoiled in terms of picture quality so without a proper HD stream/feed it struggled to hold interest.
Old 29 Jan 2018, 16:42 (Ref:3796666)   #45
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!S griffin has a real shot at the podium!
Fred is now saying Le Mans chances have gone from 50-50 to 60-40, so fingers crossed