Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 24 Apr 2015, 14:23 (Ref:3530489)   #1
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
HDRC BTCC Silverstone GP circuit 25th April

apart from Joe in his Cortina GT and me in my Jaguar Mk2 any other ten tenthers in Julius' race tomorrow supporing the 24 Hour Britcar race?

It been a long time since I raced with Julius - purely because its been a long time since I have had an eligible car!

Weather has rotated from chucking it down to sun and clouds and looking forward to seeing a bit of the 24 Hour race as well. What's not to like!!
Old 24 Apr 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3530566)   #2
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I shall be there Simon driving my Canon as always, I will keep an eye open for you both.

Bauble.
Old 24 Apr 2015, 21:02 (Ref:3530597)   #3
Yimkin
Racer

Yimkin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yep, my dad is there in the 100E...
Old 24 Apr 2015, 21:13 (Ref:3530601)   #4
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Going up for the 24 hour weekend in the morning, so the HRDC race is a welcome bonus.
Old 25 Apr 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3530778)   #5
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lovely grid of cars, wet track for qually but dry for the race.
Enjoyed wandering their paddock and the race
Old 26 Apr 2015, 15:52 (Ref:3530944)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good to meet you Bauble, I was busy as usual, another disappointing result so have now retired to go testing and iron out a few niggles. Pace was good ( was matching Jordan's A40 in the race) but reliability isn't!
Old 26 Apr 2015, 19:43 (Ref:3531005)   #7
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by zefarelly View Post
Good to meet you Bauble, I was busy as usual, another disappointing result so have now retired to go testing and iron out a few niggles. Pace was good ( was matching Jordan's A40 in the race) but reliability isn't!

Never Mind Zef. my ever reliable Canon caught a decent number of images during your all too brief appearance, they will be posted on my Skydrive site soon along with the other two tenths competing, and how nice to meet all three of you in the flesh. I trust I was not as obnoxious as I sometimes sound on this site?

The 24 was a little short on numbers, and with the inevitable retirements it was a sparse field towards the end, but an entertaining race. I had intended to stay well in to the late hours, but a torrential downpour at 8.30pm sent me scurrying homewards for the night. I did return for the final 4 hours though!

The marshals were as always simply magnificent, as always, putting in long hours and being a little short on numbers had to work particularly hard.

Thanks chaps, ........................ of both sexes!
Old 27 Apr 2015, 13:42 (Ref:3531182)   #8
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
good to meet you Bauble.. I am sorry that Joe had some issues - I can vouch for his pace and when the teething problems are sorted it will be a potent steed.

For us the main priority was to have a trouble free race and having had that we can now start looking at set up.

It has been a long time since I last raced with Julius and the good news is that it was as enjoyable as the last time 10 years ago! Roll on next week at Donington..
Old 27 Apr 2015, 19:00 (Ref:3531261)   #9
brands
Veteran

Loved the grid, such an eclectic mix of cars.
Watched qually down at Vale and the race from Luffield.
Some pictures, qually:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0082.jpg   IMG_0130.jpg   IMG_0245.jpg  

IMG_0229.jpg   IMG_0182.jpg   IMG_0105.jpg  

Old 27 Apr 2015, 19:12 (Ref:3531265)   #10
brands
Veteran

Enjoyed the 24 hour race although not the hours of rain and the chilly dawn. Another 20 cars would have been nice.
Some from the HRDC race:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0487.jpg   IMG_0523.jpg   IMG_0593.jpg  

IMG_0559.jpg   IMG_0551.jpg   IMG_0540.jpg  

Old 28 Apr 2015, 13:02 (Ref:3531489)   #11
bauble
Veteran

England
Brands, you must have been standing very close to me!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1481.jpg   IMG_1567.jpg   IMG_1469.jpg  

IMG_1521.jpg   IMG_1533.jpg   IMG_1461.jpg  

Old 1 May 2015, 07:25 (Ref:3532433)   #12
Gary Critcher
Racer

England
London, England, UK
Gary Critcher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really must get my A40 sorted for this season............