Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 5 Jan 2020, 09:14 (Ref:3949886)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
CMMC CADWELL

CMMC ‘Classic and Modern’ Raceday.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 07:56 (Ref:3961419)   #2
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Are CMMC new kids on the block and what niche are they filling between , eg , HSCC and CSCC ? I noticed at Race Retro that this meeting will feature the historic F3 cars which have previously featured at HSCC Cadwell.

So what's occurring? Is there a risk of too many clubs fishing in the same small pool? Again ....
Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:15 (Ref:3961447)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Are CMMC new kids on the block and what niche are they filling between , eg , HSCC and CSCC ? I noticed at Race Retro that this meeting will feature the historic F3 cars which have previously featured at HSCC Cadwell. So what's occurring? Is there a risk of too many clubs fishing in the same small pool? Again ....
Probably or possibly! Richard Culverhouse started CMMC. Website here... https://www.cmmotorsportclub.com/series
Old 4 Mar 2020, 09:44 (Ref:3961452)   #4
Johno.UK
Racer

Johno.UK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They were around last year as well. Very decent grids especially from the "Modern" part of it. Way more than a lot of more established series for sure.
Old 4 Mar 2020, 16:36 (Ref:3961543)   #5
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This will be the clubs 4th year @ Mallory (June 14th).
So far each year the grids have been full and the racing close, I'm sure this year will be no different.
My favourites definitely being the 500cc F3's, 28 of them round here are awesome
Old 4 Mar 2020, 21:02 (Ref:3961622)   #6
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Probably or possibly! Richard Culverhouse started CMMC. Website here... https://www.cmmotorsportclub.com/series
Richard was also one of the founders of CSCC, and a former competition secretary/director of AMOC.

Partly CMMC seem to be taking over some of the meetings that previously BARC-SEC ran?
Old 4 Mar 2020, 21:50 (Ref:3961628)   #7
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Partly CMMC seem to be taking over some of the meetings that previously BARC-SEC ran?[/QUOTE]

That's true, there's a Southern Section of the CMMC with classes for the Intermarque Silhouettes, Tin Tops & Super Saloons who all have healthy grids.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 06:31 (Ref:3990673)   #8
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
This time tomorrow I will be en route to my favourite circuit for this meeting. Entry good ,with a side order of superkarts and historic F3 .

Thank the Lord that MSV , unlike other venues , is opening up . I cannot believe that MSUK is still appearing to sit on its hands and be complicit in many venues still remaining closed. I can go to a theme park , pub , supermarket and, next week , the cinema . But heaven forfend I should go to a speed hillclimb in the open air . This is getting silly
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:20 (Ref:3990687)   #9
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Having worked at least 10 days non stop getting the Clan ready, following it's inversion at Knockhill last year, I'm looking forward to my first race of the year.

Pete Rchards
Old 25 Jul 2020, 10:32 (Ref:3990689)   #10
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
As a former Clan owner (chassis no. 4 ) I wish you well , and I'd say hello if I was allowed to get in the paddock ...
Old 25 Jul 2020, 11:37 (Ref:3990696)   #11
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As a former Clan owner (chassis no. 4 ) I wish you well , and I'd say hello if I was allowed to get in the paddock ...

I echo the good wishes, Peter - you deserve some reward for your dedicated perseverance with the Clan.

As I've said elsewhere - no idea how Cadwell "paddock" can be effectively isolated from the "day visitors".....last time I was there there wasn't a fence to be seen.....
Old 25 Jul 2020, 13:17 (Ref:3990705)   #12
Mike Crow
Racer

Mike Crow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
This time tomorrow I will be en route to my favourite circuit for this meeting. Entry good ,with a side order of superkarts and historic F3 .

Thank the Lord that MSV , unlike other venues , is opening up . I cannot believe that MSUK is still appearing to sit on its hands and be complicit in many venues still remaining closed. I can go to a theme park , pub , supermarket and, next week , the cinema . But heaven forfend I should go to a speed hillclimb in the open air . This is getting silly
I think it's down to the venue. Castle Combe with their very limited human and financial resources have said on their weekly streamed update (available on YouTube )that they are focussing first on what they need to do to survive by running races and track days. Insurance is an issue too. They expect to be able to admit spectators at the end of August meeting.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 14:28 (Ref:3990718)   #13
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
At Mallory tomorrow - 750MC the pedestrian bridge will be blocked to seperate the crowd from the Paddock.
Old 25 Jul 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3990728)   #14
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I think it's down to the venue. Castle Combe with their very limited human and financial resources have said on their weekly streamed update (available on YouTube )that they are focussing first on what they need to do to survive by running races and track days. Insurance is an issue too. They expect to be able to admit spectators at the end of August meeting.

The final instructions make it clear that you need a "Competitors" ticket to get into the paddock so they must have created a barrier of some kind. The paddock plan show that we are using the A paddock and there are various dotted lines that indicate that B paddock may be available for visitors.

Look out for me in the Classic Era Challenge - Elite number 71
Old 26 Jul 2020, 14:14 (Ref:3990860)   #15
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Brian currently running in 4th in a close group for 2nd to 5th ......But bad news for Pete Richards who set fastest time in class in qualy but only did 3 laps compared to most doing 7 or 8, and he hasn't appeared for the race......
Old 26 Jul 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3990879)   #16
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
And a third place finish for Brian, and a class win

Well done!
Old 26 Jul 2020, 20:28 (Ref:3990920)   #17
JasperClan
Racer

United Kingdom
Benwick
JasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJasperClan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't appear in the race due to the large holes that appeared in either side of the block during practice on lap 4. Absolutely gutted. Good weather and racing along with a fair number of 'visitors'

Pete Richards.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 06:19 (Ref:3990954)   #18
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
I was standing just above you when the Clan let go - very audibly and visibly. It had smoked a little on laps 1 and 2 , by lap 3 it had stopped and the car seemed to be going well . Hope you get sorted again - nil desperandum and all that .

Lovely day out - circuit looked terrific and a real credit to all involved at MSV .
Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:09 (Ref:3991011)   #19
Brian A
Racer

England
Sunny West Sussex
Brian A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed my return to Cadwell. Not been there since 2010 and it took a little while to re-familiarise myself with the circuit.

Towards the end of practice I was on a demon lap until I overcooked the run into The Gooseneck, would have expected to be higher up the grid if it wasn't for that......(number 3 in list of driver excuses)

Much better in the race and during the second half was engrossed in a battle with the Lister Jaguar of Eike Wellhausen for second overall. I did manage to get past him on the run up to Gooseneck and held him off for a while until the outright grunt of the Jaguar engine eventually succeeded. Goliath beat David on this occasion.

Speaking with him afterwards, he was running a new engine which was clearly not fully on-song as he should have disappeared into the distance (excuse no. 7). But we had a little reminisce as I remember racing against him in the 1980s with the same car (the Lister that is - I was in an XK).

The winning XJS of Nick Strong was on a difference planet and simply led from lights to flag.

This was in fact a combined grid of two races and I was pleasantly surprised when I sent my wife off to see if I was eligible for a trophy for 3rd overall (I was loading the trailer at the time - excuse no. 5), only to receive a winner's trophy for the Classic Era Challenge Race.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 11:50 (Ref:3991015)   #20
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well done, beautiful car.
Old 27 Jul 2020, 17:04 (Ref:3991085)   #21
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Desperately sorry for Peter - so much effort into keeping the Clan competitive, with so much grief....

Well done again, Brian - not sure I've ever really got the hang of the Gooseneck - always seems to be a bit of a surprise when it arrives