Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Next year I will (chose the closest most likely option)
Watch live on BBC or Sky depending which it is on. 36 32.73%
Watch only BBC live or delayed/highlights. 48 43.64%
Watch only BBC live (live or not bother). 16 14.55%
Not watch, it is over for me. 10 9.09%
Voters: 110. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:45 (Ref:2932380)   #26
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I won't be paying to watch it, you can get lost, not paying anything to that evil corporation. Thank God that there are those really really legal ways of watching it online like i do with premier league football.

i want to be sick on Bernie right now.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:46 (Ref:2932382)   #27
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So.. are Martin & David going to SkySports too?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2932384)   #28
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Any comment from FOTA or the teams? I don't know how happy they will be ...
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:48 (Ref:2932385)   #29
josvandeperre
Veteran

England
Central London
josvandeperre should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Barbara Slater, director of BBC Sport, said: "We are absolutely delighted that F1 will remain on the BBC.
"The sport has never been more popular with TV audiences at a 10-year high and the BBC has always stated its commitment to the big national sporting moments.

We are so committed to those record audiences we're betraying them
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:52 (Ref:2932389)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I don't think BBC have cut and run.

I do think all the hubbub about Murdoch and the BBC now makes a little more sense though!

What other marquee evensta re now also going to be lost!

They are cretins though, would tou pay a SKY subscription just to give billions to football clubs every year so that Carlos Tevez can moan about being on 250 grand a week? ( i know its not skys fault, but they generate the environment) Or clubs like West Ham, Blackpool, Wolves, any of the lower teams, can be run like charities because of the enormous sums given to them for failing!!

Very sad, poorly donr by the Beeb with all the recent rubbish about News Corp, makes the whole thing look exactoly what it is, Sordid and cheap, just like the News of the World
Old 29 Jul 2011, 07:56 (Ref:2932390)   #31
Taprobane
Racer

England
Berkshire
Taprobane should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I won't be getting Sky thats for sure. Loads of my friends who have become casual fans in the last couple of years will just completely forget the sport now.

Now in a bloody bad mood, England better bowl first today or I'll be really annoyed!
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:05 (Ref:2932392)   #32
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Well that's a pile of old cack isn't it? Looks like I'll just be watching the ones that are on the bbc and highlights of the others then. I'm not forking out god knows how much a month just to watch F1.

To be fair I've not watched that many live this season - I've watched them on the iplayer in the evenings. I guess the ones that aren't shown live will just be highlights on the iplayer (would be good if it was the whole thing but I don't think that's likely is it?).
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2932393)   #33
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No surprise, I shall vote with my feet and not buy Sky, like many others I will quickly loose interest watching half the races.
More time to do something meaningful on a Sunday.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:06 (Ref:2932394)   #34
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Bololocks.

I've always said I would never (knowingly) give Murdock any money, and I'm not starting now.

I'll watch the Freeview stuff, so just half a season for me, plus highlights if I can be arsed. I'm guessing it all goes to Sky in the end, so that's when I stop watching live.

The audience will decrease. Hope the advertisers are happy.

Still, maybe the BBC will start showing other motorsport once F1 goes. There's lots of good club racing that could do with the exposure.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:18 (Ref:2932396)   #35
Massa_number1
Racer

Massa_number1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have Sky Tv but im so p***ed off I thought Ecclestone said he would never allow F1 to be on subscription pay TV again? i really feel like the fans are having the **** taken out of them with this sport sometimes.

drivers allow no fan interaction, regs changed when everythings fine such as diffuser row ,last years big is F1 breaking up ect too many to name.damn what a joke to split the rights
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:23 (Ref:2932398)   #36
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'll go back to early in the thread and quote this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich R View Post
2011 is my last f1 season then, wouldn't have anything to do with Murdoch even before the NOTW scandal. Bye Bernie you have lost a long time devoted fan but I don't think you really care about little people like me.
Sums it up for me, you're not alone Rich.

Looks like 2011 will be F1's high water mark in the UK- best viewing figures ever, exceptional coverage and great racing. Like others I'll probably watch some of the stuff that remains on the BBC but it'll go from "must watch" to "if I remember it's on".

Sad day
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2932400)   #37
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm ****ing livid.

But, I will lay money on this - fast-forward 12 months and we'll all still be watching, and I'm sure both Bernie and Sky know that...

But, this is disgusting news. Bernie has made a massive faux-pas, bizarre how quiet the teams are being about this - or so it would seem as of today - again, fast-forward 12/24 months and you never know it could be an inspired move, somehow...
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:31 (Ref:2932401)   #38
kezza7
Racer

England
Retford
kezza7 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martin Brundle on Twitter:

"BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options Not impressed"
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2932403)   #39
MikeBz
Racer

MikeBz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From @MBrundleF1:

BBC/Sky/F1 2012+. Found out last night, no idea how it will work yet I'm out of contract, will calmly work through options. Not impressed.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:32 (Ref:2932404)   #40
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Sordid and cheap, just like the News of the World
On that note I hear unemployed Rebekah Brooks has been appointed pit lane reporter, every driver's phone being hacked could add a new dimension to the coverage I suppose....
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:34 (Ref:2932405)   #41
mikenunn-78
Racer

United Kingdom
mikenunn-78 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I used to watch Rugby and Cricket and I refuse to pay for Sky Sports because I can't stand football.

Looks like I'll soon be able to add F1 to the list of sports I used to watch
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:35 (Ref:2932406)   #42
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
On that note I hear unemployed Rebekah Brooks has been appointed pit lane reporter, every driver's phone being hacked could add a new dimension to the coverage I suppose....
For Sky HD viewers only
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2932407)   #43
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
link to FOTA available here - http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/07/2...-f1-freetoair/

FOTA have been pretty strong in saying they don't want this. Berbnie has made some increasingly erratic decisions of late - clearly playing politics, but in a clumsy way I'm not used to seeing from him. Lets hope FOTA push this issue as strongly as they've promised to.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:36 (Ref:2932408)   #44
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dozy cow from the Beeb going on about how pleased they are to have highlights - clearly she has no understanding of how pointless it is watching something that you know has happened.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2932412)   #45
Logic x iRacing
Rookie

Logic x iRacing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about the channel that shows the practices at the moment, Channel 301 with the Radio 5Live commentary or whatever, they're still showing them aren't they?

And this will kill F1, absolutely kill it.

Take care out there x
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:41 (Ref:2932413)   #46
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting comments from Brunders and bernie!

Delighted to have F1 on two channels on the BBC

He reckons the decision was nothing to do with him aswell!

No surprise there then!!
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:47 (Ref:2932415)   #47
Lola
Veteran

England
Nr Worcester
Lola should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
End of F1 for the casual viewer.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:53 (Ref:2932416)   #48
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
But, I will lay money on this - fast-forward 12 months and we'll all still be watching, and I'm sure both Bernie and Sky know that...
Well, I won't be watching on Sky that's 100% certain.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:58 (Ref:2932417)   #49
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Around 50 posts in and it would appear that not one person here is impressed with this. I too am very disappointed about this.
Old 29 Jul 2011, 08:59 (Ref:2932418)   #50
gregc
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedford
gregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgregc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Well, I won't be watching on Sky that's 100% certain.
Closed Thread

Tags
outrage, sky